Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-01-12, 03:39 PM  
moviegrl1737

Pros:[LIST]
I had a kettlebell sitting around collecting dust, I used it for some of the swinging moves and fell in so it got me interested in kettlebelling.
The workouts were short enough to add on to your normal cardio.
Strength gains, lots of them, mainly in my core, but pretty much all over.
Got me doing things I didn't think I would ever do and like, i.e. burpees and pushups (on my toes for pete's sake)
I paid pennies for this

Cons:
Production value was only worth pennies.
Tom sometimes loses his place, but after 90 days I knew where he meant.
Tom really does sweat just watching them, and it's obvious.
Same warm up and cool down in nearly every workout.
I spent 90 days wondering if the two blondes were twins, or at least sisters.
Insanity Grad
Half Marathon Finisher

"What you do today is important because you are trading a day of your life for it." - Unknown
moviegrl1737 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-12, 04:26 PM  
Kesal

S90 was probably my best purchase of 2011. I did a loose 90 day rotation when I first got it last winter, and another one month rotation in the fall. I don't think I've ever used a set twice in one year before. And I will definitely be pulling it off the shelf again this year.

Like:
- The length of the workouts (average about 40 minutes) is perfect for me.
- The integration of core work throughout the workouts.
- Tom Holland. He's just a very down-to-earth, appealing instructor.
- Just the right balance between variety and continuity.
- It's easy to modify the rotation to integrate other workouts.

Dislike:
- As others have mentioned, the pace of some (not all) of the workouts is way too fast. Chest & Back is the worst offender, which is unfortunate, because it's the first one on the "official" schedule. I found my own ways to adapt to it, though, like doing two sets while the exercisers do three.

Did not mind (especially in light of the low price):
- Exercisers working at their own speeds.
- Same warm-up and cool-down every day (for some reason, I really got to like the cool-down music ).
Kesal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-12, 05:13 PM  
Calistro

Well I have just purchased two of these.

I am attracted to shorter workouts these days, and I have rarely done p90x due to the length.
Calistro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-12, 09:33 PM  
ltlangeli

Thanks so much for the comments.

I did Chest & Back today. I thought it would be more like P90X just at a faster pace based on the comments. Obviously, not so.

I did have to pause it numerous times, but I think I'll be OK with that.
Old 02-01-12, 09:38 PM  
IrishOT

Quote:
Originally Posted by ltlangeli View Post
Thanks so much for the comments.

I did Chest & Back today. I thought it would be more like P90X just at a faster pace based on the comments. Obviously, not so.

I did have to pause it numerous times, but I think I'll be OK with that.
I hope you enjoy the program! I did a rotation this past summer along with running and I loved it. For the price, I definately think it was worth it. I really enjoyed the variety of workouts.
I think the Chest &Back was the most rushed that I had to pause the longest/most. I didn't have to pause the cardio ones, but I like many others was able to get past the pausing to do 12-15 reps of each exercise.
IrishOT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-12, 06:51 AM  
Elyse

I have this set and power 90x. I rarely use power 90x, too long and boring and just push up h----! I like that the moves are well balanced in these workouts. I think tabata inferno is great, quick, but not too quick with easy to follow moves.
Con-total body misses some arm parts.
-moves are quick (but I just go at my own pace.).
-cardio challenge is almost more weightwork than cardio.
Elyse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-12, 05:19 PM  
MomOf2Gremlins

Bumping this thread! I just heard about Supreme 90 and am very interested in this! However, the talk about it being fast worries me a bit...

I'm currently doing Firm workouts (Firm Express but also the BBS series & pinks) and thinking of doing more Jillian workouts again too, but this S90 really tempts me!..

"Change what you can. Accept what you can't. Live peacefully with all that's left."

MomOf2Gremlins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-12, 09:17 PM  
monterey vidiot
VF Supporter

Pro: results!

I had just finished the intermediate rotation of the Firm Express set and got zero results. I had just about decided that I would never lose the 10 lbs that I'd been dragging around since menopause. I had a Bed, Bath & Beyond coupon and decided to buy & try S90. All the cons coments are true. But now, thanks to S90, I'm in the best shape of my life, and have maintained the improvements.
monterey vidiot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-12, 03:26 AM  
MomOf2Gremlins

Cynthia,
oh wow, that's awesome news! Congrats on your change!

Ok, stupid question: If the moves are too slow, how exactly do you go on your own pace? Do you just hit pause and do the sets slower? It sounds a little annoying having to do that...I am however really tempted none the less!

"Change what you can. Accept what you can't. Live peacefully with all that's left."

MomOf2Gremlins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-12, 05:50 AM  
T2B

They move too fast in Chest & Back for sure. This was one of my best purchases of 2011. I agree with all of the cons but for the price and how often I've used the workouts individually, you can't go wrong. Tabata Inferno, Cardio Challenge, Total Body, Legs, Ultimate Ball & the core workouts are great.

If you need a workout where everyone is synchronized with a smile on their face, than these are not for you. If you need great music, these are not for you.

If you can find the set for $4.50, it's a steal. Tabata Inferno is my most used workout of the series.

joy, love
peace and patience
kindness with goodness
faithfulness & gentleness
self-control
- Motivational Sticker

Now: XTRAIN 90 Day Undulating (Generic) 7/22/22 - 10/24/22
Peak Fit System: 6/3/22 - 7/21/22 *** STS/LIS 90 Day Undulating: 11/19/21 - 2/12/22 *** 6 Week Fusion XTRAIN: 5/17/21 - 6/27/21 *** Body Beast: 12/21/20 - 3/18/21 *** STS: 1/29/20 - 5/3/20 *** Fit Tower/LIS/ICE/ 90 Day: 10/29/19 - 1/19/20 *** XTRAIN 90 Day Undulating: 7/29/19 - 10/25/19
T2B is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
s90, supreme 90, supreme 90 day, tom holland