Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 11-28-11, 11:24 AM  
karenl

Talk to me about Kelly Coffey Meyer

I do not have any of her workouts and I'm trying to jumpstart my fitness routine. I have really fallen off the wagon and need to climb back on and lose the 10-12 pounds I've gained. Her new ones she has coming out look really good.

I consider myself a intermediate exerciser although I've not done anything consistant for the past 3 months, so I was thinking her "Start Here" workout would be perfect for me. I know a lot of you guys are big fans and really like her. What kinds of results have you gotten with her?

Thanks so much for any feedback you can give me.

Karen
karenl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-11, 12:45 PM  
CarlaShanti

You cannot go wrong with any of the 30 Minutes to Fitness workouts. They are all really good. I haven't collected all of them yet, but I fully intend to. I keep going back to:

Circuit Burn
Train Like a Contender
Weights
Muscle Definition
Lift

These are my most-used workouts in my collection (of roughly 100 workouts--scared to count). For me, Kelly has zero dread factor, and that's really important to me right now, because I'm just coming back from about 4 weeks of slacking off--but even during my slack-off period, the few workouts I did were Kelly. She gets it done in 30 minutes. Simple as.
CarlaShanti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-11, 12:55 PM  
Lucky Star
VF Supporter

Karen, if you want Start Here you should order it very soon at the pre-sale price with free shipping. Have you watched the lengthy clips Kelly's posted of all her 30-Min videos on YouTube? http://www.youtube.com/user/Coffeyfit#p/u That's the best and fairest way to get an idea if you click with her style. No one's recommendation is as meaningful as you liking what you see (or not).

If you have questions you can visit her forum at http://www.coffeyfit.com/phpBB2/index.php. Kelly's on there all the time and people who use her videos consistently have reported great fitness gains, fat loss, inches lost, etc. I get nice results from her workouts (and enjoy them immensely) but my eating is NOT under control these days so my weight is maintaining, not losing. However, I'm confident that her workouts - coupled, of course, with more sensible eating than I've been exhibiting lately - can be very effective.
Lucky Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-11, 01:10 PM  
Buffgirl

You can't go wrong with Kelly...

I DVD's I use the most: Circuit Burn, a lot of pre-mixes about from 30 to 45 minutes. This workout is a gem.

I love TLC, Lift, and Muscle Definition, and her Cradio Blast.
Buffgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-11, 01:12 PM  
ckfromca

I agree with CarlaShanti that Kelly has zero draed factor. I love Circuit Burn and TLC. I use these 2 all the time. I haven't ordered the new ones yet, but probably will soon. She has great pre-mixes, too.
ckfromca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-11, 07:14 PM  
Anny

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckfromca View Post
I agree with CarlaShanti that Kelly has zero draed factor. I love Circuit Burn and TLC. I use these 2 all the time. I haven't ordered the new ones yet, but probably will soon. She has great pre-mixes, too.
She does! I only own the original 30 Minutes to a fitness and I really like it and the options via premix. Great thirty minute workouts! I am always coveting her others.... Especially TLC and Circuit.
Old 11-28-11, 08:41 PM  
Cassy

Besides the ones people already mentioned I really like her older step boxing and her Cardio Kick. Both use a step and I think they are fun.

I just got NYC from my secret santa and I'm super excited!

My other favorites are TLC and circuit burn.

She does have really good premixes on her workouts.
Cassy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-11, 11:17 PM  
caligurl

yep... another saying "you can't go wrong with kelly!"

buy any of her 30 minutes to fitness and you'll love them!

and as others have said... get in on her preorder now and get the reduces prices and free shipping! woot!
it is NOT against the rules to say DIET on this forum!
-----
"VFers have a right to post negative opinions about an instructor,
and there is not a limit on the number of times they do so".
- WWWendy

-----
"...no matter how unpopular you perceive your opinion to be, we guarantee you
are not the only one here who holds that opinion, and you should feel free to express it."
- WWWendy via forum guidelines
caligurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-11, 05:02 AM  
katalina

I discovered Kelly this year with her 30MTF Circuit Burn workout. Such a versatile DVD -- so many premixes! I enjoy her workouts and the premixes give you a lot more than 2 workouts per DVD. I appreciate the value of her DVDs and wish I had discovered her earlier.
katalina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-11, 06:57 AM  
Taramisu
VF Supporter

I have collected many of Kelly's 30 MTF series this year, they are perfect for me. Intermediate level, minimal equipment, no dread factor and 30 minutes! I really like Kelly as an instructor, she is friendly, encouraging and down to earth. She also uses a modifier which is a huge bonus for me.

As others have said, you really can't go wrong with her 30 MTF series, they are right up my alley. I have Weights, Muscle Definition, Split Sessions, LIFT, Kickboxing and Circuit Burn. I also have Your Best Body and Start Here coming when they come out.

Give her a try!
Taramisu is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
30 minutes to fitness, 30mtf, favorite kcm, kcm, kelly coffey meyer, kelly coffey-meyer