Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 09-09-11, 06:43 AM  
kariev34

S90 rotation

When these first came out they were all the rage. Did anyone actually complete the whole 90 day rotation as is? If so, what results did you get from it? Or, did you alter the rotation in anyway but still keep up with it for 90 days? Just curious.
kariev34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-11, 08:16 AM  
Kesal

I altered the rotation. Each week I did three S90 workouts and two or three days of running or other workouts, for twelve weeks. I really enjoyed it. I felt like the S90 workouts did good things for my strength, cardio capacity, and balance. They work the core very well, and I also saw a bit more definition in my upper body.

When I finished my rotation, I still wasn't bored with the set. I could see myself doing it again. Not in the prescribed rotation, because I've learned that I need some free choice as well as structure to be consistent. But I think that using a modified S90 rotation as my "structure" worked very well .
Kesal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-11, 08:40 AM  
JBliff

I did the 90-day rotation in the order prescribed. However, I also added extra cardio and yoga (since the S90 workouts are so short). I had awesome results (lost weight and gained lots of definition) but I can't tell you if it's all due to S90. I still use the S90 workouts occasionally -- mostly the cardio ones.
JBliff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-11, 09:12 AM  
Irisg1

I did a full rotation, with a little tweaks here and there. I got the best result in my core area. My abs were stronger. I got stronger also. I would have had much better results if I had taken more control of my diet, but I was actually hungrier while doing these workouts. I would do it again, but I would definitely not do it as prescribed. Toward the end of the 90 days, I was really tired of Tabatha especially, and I could tell I was pretty much done with the series, when I started finding Tom annoying when he miscued, lol. I still think this is a great system, and the price cannot be beat.
Old 09-09-11, 07:29 PM  
gigi

I so want to do this again. I did the whole rotation but wasn't watching what I was eating. I still saw improvements in my fitness, such as a stronger core. I love the length of these workouts and I may go back to them in October in addition to a few workouts at the gym. So much bang for your buck in so little time. I'm in better shape now and am losing weight so I have a feeling, SP90 would give me more visible results this time around.
Old 09-09-11, 07:41 PM  
bee1forfitness

This set was a waste of money for me..if I could I would have returned them, but I bought them at retail so I couldn't
bee1forfitness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-11, 08:14 PM  
IrishOT

I am currently doing a S90 rotation, pretty much as outlined, along with running. I have been skipping the Legs workouts and subbing for my long run for the week. I eat generally healthy with the exception of ice cream and dark chocolate, so if I could eliminate that, I am sure I would be having better results. I really think that S90 is a nice compliment to my running training. I really enjoy the workouts and have made some strength gains, with improved core strength and the tabata workout has really helped with my cardio endurance. I do have to stop and pause most of the weight workouts to catch up, so those do take me longer than the outlined time. I have about 4 weeks left of the 90 day plan and I have lost about 5 pounds. I am one that hopes there is a S90 2 in the future.
IrishOT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-11, 05:06 AM  
gigi

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishOT View Post
I am currently doing a S90 rotation, pretty much as outlined, along with running. I have been skipping the Legs workouts and subbing for my long run for the week. I eat generally healthy with the exception of ice cream and dark chocolate, so if I could eliminate that, I am sure I would be having better results. I really think that S90 is a nice compliment to my running training. I really enjoy the workouts and have made some strength gains, with improved core strength and the tabata workout has really helped with my cardio endurance. I do have to stop and pause most of the weight workouts to catch up, so those do take me longer than the outlined time. I have about 4 weeks left of the 90 day plan and I have lost about 5 pounds. I am one that hopes there is a S90 2 in the future.
Me too! I'd love to see another set. By the way, the legs workout is quite killer and got my heart rate way up there. You should try it sometime.

To the OP, you will have to get used to not being exactly with the crew but for the money it's so worth it.
Old 09-10-11, 05:53 AM  
ldj

I'm a big fan of S90. It would be great if they came out with a second one. I read somewhere that they may come out with a 30 day one. 30 or 90 days, I would buy it.
ldj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-11, 07:25 PM  
IrishOT

gigi- I have done the leg workout 3 or 4 times and it is killer, I have just found that with my half marathon training schedule, my legs are far too sore to run for at least two days after doing the S90 leg workout, so for now I have been skipping it.

ldj- I would also buy a 30 or 90 day program if S90 people came out with it. I would prefer 90 days, but I am sure I would like anything from them! I hope if they come out with a new set, it will have more of the tabata style, as well as the stability ball work. I love the variety of movements they have that are not typically seen in other workouts!
IrishOT is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
s90, supreme 90, supreme 90 days, supreme 90 rotation