Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-04-11, 12:57 PM  
Taramisu
VF Supporter

Ok...I ordered these from Mary at Totalfitness DVDs.

30MTF Kickboxing
30MTF Circuit Burn
30MTF LIFT
30MTF Split Sessions

TLC is a possibility down the road, but these will be good for now. I hemmed and hawwed on Split Sessions but I really like Kelly's weight work so I thought why not.

Thanks again for your input and suggestions!
Taramisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-11, 01:10 PM  
isebelleg44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taramisu View Post

30MTF Kickboxing
30MTF Circuit Burn
30MTF LIFT
30MTF Split Sessions

TLC is a possibility down the road, but these will be good for now. I hemmed and hawwed on Split Sessions but I really like Kelly's weight work so I thought why not.

I love split sessions, because of the lower body work. She shortchanges lower body on her muscle definition and weight one. Hope you enjoy your new workouts!
isebelleg44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-11, 01:17 PM  
Taramisu
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by isebelleg44 View Post
I love split sessions, because of the lower body work. She shortchanges lower body on her muscle definition and weight one. Hope you enjoy your new workouts!
Sounds like that was a good one to add to my cart....thanks Isebelle!
Old 09-04-11, 03:53 PM  
juberann

That's impossible for me to answer, I love them all, ESPECIALLY TLC I'll be honest here, not crazy about BootCamp, really wanted to love it because it has gotten awesome reviews but it is still my least favorite of all her 30 MTF titles. However, I won't be getting rid of it because I do plan on doing the premixes (all cardio, all strength) and seeing if I click with those.
I feel Kelly's workouts are among the best out there, incredible value for your money with all her creative premixes, she includes a wonderful modifier in all of her workouts, the music is great and you can pick your workout time length, anywhere from 30 minutes to over an hour depending on how you blend the premixes. I also mix and match my 30 MTF workouts, a 30 minute KickBoxing workout with a premix from TLC. I don't find switching out the DVDs to be a hassle at all, reminds me to take a water break Sorry I wasn't much help, there are (so far) 10 in this series and every one of them is worth having
Old 09-05-11, 11:32 AM  
nyskier
VF Supporter

Love Split Sessions and TLC. I have to get back to Circuit Burn again since so many recommend it! The only KCM W/o I have not liked is: Cardio Kick Step-Boxing, as I have 2 (or more) left feet!!
nyskier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-11, 12:34 PM  
bee1forfitness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taramisu View Post

30MTF Kickboxing
30MTF Circuit Burn
30MTF LIFT
30MTF Split Sessions

I loved LIFT...people don't talk enough about LIFT, it a very different and challenging "Olympic Lifting" workout that once you get the hang of it is lots of fun and will work you hard, The second workout is an excellent "Powersculpting" workout. That kinda remind me of "ole" school Firm but updated and more "cardio-ish" this workout always makes me happy when I do it, and I find myself talking to Kelly as I doing certain section of it...I think this is a awesome workout
bee1forfitness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-11, 01:35 PM  
Taramisu
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bee1forfitness View Post
I loved LIFT...people don't talk enough about LIFT, it a very different and challenging "Olympic Lifting" workout that once you get the hang of it is lots of fun and will work you hard, The second workout is an excellent "Powersculpting" workout. That kinda remind me of "ole" school Firm but updated and more "cardio-ish" this workout always makes me happy when I do it, and I find myself talking to Kelly as I doing certain section of it...I think this is a awesome workout
I ordered LIFT mainly for Powersculpting, not sure how often I will do the Olympic section even if at all, I may try it one day though. My barbell is in the garage though, don't have room in the house for it right now, though it looks like you can do with dumbells.

That's what I like about Kelly, including a modifier. I have to watch the high impact, plus I prefer lower impact anyway. Having a modifier makes the workouts a lot more doable. I seem to recall one time trying to modify one of Cathe's workouts to lower impact, nearly impossible and I pretty much gave up on her and most of her workouts are out of my house. I think she is a great instructor and still have a few of her DVDs but most of her work is not for me.

As I am finding out here, most of Kelly's 30 MTF are really good. Now I will be owner out of 6 of the 10, I really look forward to trying the others out. I am really hoping that Kelly is my path back to great shape!

One added note...I just checked my email and I got my shipping notice from Mary. Working on Labor Day...how is that for great service. I do hope she takes a day off once in a while...
Old 09-05-11, 07:45 PM  
Vee

Tara, I do olympic lifting with dumbbells. I don't own a barbell anymore.

Kelly posted on her forum to say it is OK to those who asked about using dumbbells instead.
Vee is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
30 minutes to fitness, 30mtf, favorite kcm, kcm, kelly coffey meyer, kelly coffey-meyer