Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-04-11, 08:27 AM  
Taramisu
VF Supporter

KCM 30MTF series - which are your favorites?

I am sure this has been asked before but I am still curious, especially now that this series has been around for a while. I am fairly new to Kelly this year but so far very impressed with her. I only have Weights and Muscle Definition and like both quite well. I like the fact that they are short and especially like the fact that she has a modifier. This is precisely why I eventually steered away from other instructors.

I am potentially interested is some of her other offerings, Circuit Burn or Bootcamp, TLC or Kickboxing, and maybe Split Sessions, though I am not entirely sure I need that one. She does have some others that she is filming this fall and I am possibly interested in 2 of those as well.

I am probably at beginner level again but hope to work back up to intermediate where I was before. I have to minimize impact, but have always preferred low impact anyway though I can add some hops here and there. Most of Kelly's 30 MTF workout fall in the intermediate category.

Thanks in advance for your suggestions!
Taramisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-11, 08:45 AM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Hi Tara!

Loose order/no order:

Kickboxing
Muscle Definition
Circuit Burn
TLC
Weights

I did have Bootcamp but traded; I really liked some things, but there were other things I didn't like (e.g., push-ups in the warm-up, the stretch, the high impact stuff). Let me know if you need other details!

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-11, 08:47 AM  
isebelleg44

Right now my favorites are her latest ones, TLC & Split Sessions. Of her older ones, the original Weights one & Circuit Burn are workouts I did often.
isebelleg44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-11, 08:52 AM  
Taramisu
VF Supporter

Thanks Beth for your input...it's always appreciated and helpful!

Thanks to you Isebelle as well!
Taramisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-11, 08:55 AM  
Vee

This is a very difficult question to answer. They are all stellar.

An easier way to answer would be that I like body training, split sessions and muscle definition the least. This could be because my preferred style of weight training is to use heavy weights.

30 minutes to fitness weights and LIFT are fabulous resistance training workouts. Weights is incredibly versatile with multiple active rest options between sets of classic weight training. The weight work is to the point and gets it all done while managing to be a lot of fun. I love the quick premix on Olympic Lifting. I use heavy weights and get an efficient workout in just 20 minutes. I normally don't like using light weights, but enjoy Powersculpt, the second workout on LIFT a great deal.

For Cardio-weights, I like Circuit Burn better than Bootcamp. It has a higher fun factor and seems more effective to me. I love the shadow boxing thrown into the mix on this.

Cardio which does not have a high learning curve and does not leave you feeling wiped out, yet is challenging and not choreo-free to the point of being boring, is where Kelly shines. I love Kickbox, Cardio Blast and TLC equally. My favorite plyo workout ever, is on Cardio Blast. Kelly's Kickbox style is rather unique. She works with the beat and tune. I enjoy music when working out and her style lets me get into the music. The Kickbox themed Ab workout on Kickbox is fun.
Vee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-11, 09:00 AM  
Diana3271

Circuit Burn There are so many options on this workout.

You can fight it, or do what you've got to do to get it done. The choice is yours. ~Diana

You have the rest of your life to get old. Stay young, as long as you can. ~Diana

10 Pound Slimdown Xtreme Graduate 02/12
Insanity Graduate - I actually survived!
LM Combat 02/13
21 Day Fix Survivor! 6/14

Diana
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-11, 09:08 AM  
RoccoLuv

Circuit Burn is not just my fave KCM workout, it is actually one of my fave workouts ever.
Graduate of p90x (2x), Insanity (2x), P90X+, CLX, STS, Turbo Fire, Asylum 1 & 2, JNL Fusion, Body Beast, Xtrain, Fitness is Function Kbell, Cathe Ripped with Hiit. Currently doing Edge Booty Extreme 2.
RoccoLuv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-11, 09:11 AM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

Cardio Blast and Circuit Burn are my two most favorite. I have others that I like a lot, but those two are the ones I reach for most often.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Something is better than nothing
The best workout is the one you will DO
Laura S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-11, 09:20 AM  
ckfromca

Circuit Burn is my favorite. Close second is TLC.
ckfromca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-11, 09:21 AM  
Katri

I do Circuit Burn often; I love the premixes. My other favorites are Muscle Definition, TLC, and Split Sessions. I also love her older workouts, NYC and Shape Of Things to Come, but they're not from the 30MTF series.

Tags
30 minutes to fitness, 30mtf, favorite kcm, kcm, kelly coffey meyer, kelly coffey-meyer