Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 06-06-11, 04:26 PM  
Pascal

Quote:
Originally Posted by anne View Post
Firm BSS2 uses the fanny lifter and the sculpting stick--I did this set for quite a while just after it first came out and really enjoyed it, especially Maximum Cardio Burn plus Abs. The sculpting stick in this set helped me to start lifting heavier weights (I believe the sculpting stick is 8 pounds and I had never lifted more than 5). I definitely got stronger when I was doing bss2. Really like the Calorie Killer and Firm abs add ons, too.

Firm BBS3 is also a great set and the workouts have a bit more of a fun factor with the slanted step. The music is faster and fun. The only awkward part is the abs on the slanted step--it is very difficult--I used to put a yoga mat on the slant so that I wouldn't slide off. The workouts go by fast. I like all three of the main set equally and the Express Cardio add on a lot. BSS3includes Firm Yoga which is also great. This set really seems to focus on the lower body (I really love the workouts but my lower body got too big--for me I need to rotate with straight floor/dance cardio). This one has a dark set. Total Muscle Shaping is especially good for the upper body.

The Transfirmer (BSS4) set is a sort of modified version of the BSS3 set but the workouts have a slower pace. It uses the transfirmer which can also be slanted. The set is bright. Ultimate Calorie Blaster is my favorite of the series (I always feel very cheerful after finishing it), but all workouts are good. The Jiggle Free Arms add on is another of my favorite workouts. I really like the set on BSS4. The Transfirmer is kind of bulky but very sturdy. If you don't have the Transfirmer you might not be able to do some of the sections of the Jiggle Free Buns add on. I never use the FL/Transfirmer at 14 inches for the leg presses because my butt gets too big--I either use the 8 inch section during the leg press segments or jog in place.

The BSS1 set, using the FL, includes very basic, thorough, effective workouts that have a calm feeling to them. I like the add ons such as Super Cardio Sculpt, Cardio Sculpt Blaster, and Total Body Sculpt more that the main set. I also like that you just need the small, light Fanny Lifter and weights.

The Transfirmation set is the pink firm set and does not use a step of any kind. These are different from the earlier BSS sets (kind of remind me of easier, modernized versions of the original Firm). I had good results with a rotation of pink firms but don't think they work as quickly at muscle shaping as the other BSS sets. But my lower body didn't get as bulky when I was doing these and they helped my stomach bloating so I think they work the abs/core differently. My favorite of the main set is Cardio Overdrive--love that workout! I also like Hardcore Fusion but never could get into Hi Def Sculpt. Another really good one is Total Body Time Crunch (and Pump, Jump, and Jab is fun, too) and Cardio Dance Fusion is good. (these are not part of the Transfirmation kit).

The Wave set came next, I think. This has a learning curve because you use a step that rocks back and forth for some segments. It's an interesting system and fun in its own way. I like Alison's workout the best. Some of the moves are kind of awkward in the other workouts in the set, like they were focusing too much on finding ways to use the Wave and not on the movements themselves.

HTH. BTW--My favorite Firms are the Tri-Trainers, Tough Cardio Mix, Cardio Overdrive, and Maximum Cardio with Carissa Foster.
Wow, that sure did help - thank you!!!

Tags
bss, bss1, bss2, bss3, bss4, firm, firm bss, firm sculpting stick, slanted risers, the firm