Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 05-12-11, 07:15 AM  
MM-Om

Chi Balls

Are they weighted? I recently got Caribbean Workout dvd with a nice 20 min chi ball routine. There is no mention if these are weighted. I wonder if I could use my small 4lb medicine ball.
Old 05-12-11, 08:12 AM  
brfdeb

I have Sculpt that Body, and Workout on the Go, which both use a Chi Ball. I think in one of them she mentions it's really light, but I use one of my Leslie walking balls, or Firm Sculpting ball. I actually did Sculpt That Body last night and used the Leslie ball, which I think is 2 lbs and I could definately feel a good workout. You may want to try it with the 4 lb, but maybe keep a smaller one handy.

Deb
brfdeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-11, 08:57 AM  
MM-Om

Thanks Deb. I only have Sculpt that Body and was aware she has another chi ball workout. Can you please tell me what other workouts are on the Workout on the Go dvd, besides the chi ball.
Old 05-12-11, 10:45 AM  
horsemom2

The chiball in the Caribbean workouts is not weighted.

Barb S
horsemom2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-11, 01:30 PM  
brfdeb

Hi Lo, Low Impact, Chi Ball, Yoga and Core. They are all pretty short at 16 min each, but I like to do extra stretching after them.
brfdeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-11, 01:35 PM  
RedPanda

Workout on the Go has five 15-minute workouts:
*Hi-Lo
*Core Training
*Yoga
*Low Impact
*Chi Ball
You can buy it as part of a boxed set with A New You, which has five 15-minute workouts:
*Sculpt
*Ballet
*Hi Lo
*Pilates
*Chi Ball
A think that a 4lb med ball would be way too heavy for these routines, as they're not weighted cardio, more of a light dance/Tai Chi/relaxation type of workout.

The chi balls Shelly is using are available from an Australian site, Chi Ball World. They are unweighted. I have one of them, but prefer to use a 1lb Stott Pilates ball for the Caribbean workouts because it gives me a gentle upper body stretch.
Old 05-13-11, 01:40 AM  
ilovemybirds

When I do chi ball workouts, I use my purple squishy ball that came with my 10 MS Quick Sculpt Pilates dvd. It seems to work pretty well with chi ball workouts. I'd love to try the chi ball workouts with a weighted ball, though. By the way, my Target had a set of Caribbean workouts called Beach Pilates that has another chi ball workout on it (plus a bunch of workouts from their other dvds, and a few workouts that must have been from their shows, I'm not sure).
I chi ball workouts!
ilovemybirds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-11, 03:10 AM  
RedPanda

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovemybirds View Post
By the way, my Target had a set of Caribbean workouts called Beach Pilates that has another chi ball workout on it (plus a bunch of workouts from their other dvds, and a few workouts that must have been from their shows, I'm not sure).
Hmm.... this sounds like a good addition to my wishlist.

I just did my Friday night de-stressing workout, the chi ball workout from A New You, and now I feel strangely relaxed.
Old 05-13-11, 06:35 AM  
MM-Om

Thank you all for the replies. I think I need to get something unweighted, but since I only have one chi ball workout (so far ) I may just use tennis ball for the time being (before I find more workouts)

Red Panda- I am curious what workout is A New You?
Old 05-13-11, 06:40 AM  
horsemom2

a small playground ball would work fine too.

Barb S
who has 2 chiballs and both lost their scent immediately
horsemom2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
a new you, caribbean workouts, chi ball, chi ball method, workout on the go