Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 12-10-10, 10:47 AM  
RedPanda

With perfect timing, my "Australian Bush" scented candles arrived yesterday,so I was able to do ChiBall Essentials last night with the full aromatherapy experience.

ChiBall Essentials was lovely after a stressful work week. The yoga segment was soothing; simple yoga postures flowing into a slow, dance-like routine. The Pilates was similarly soothing, using the partially-deflated chi ball to create some instability. The DVD finished with a lengthy self-massage and body scan in savasana.

I'm glad I invested in the ChiBall chi ball; when partially-deflated, it's the perfect size and density for self-massage.
Old 12-10-10, 11:32 AM  
spotted zebra

I've started to use the balls I have for self massage too now, thanks to this thread. It really does help.

For those who have the dvds if you could only have one, which would it be? I'm not yet convinced I need it (only because I could open a store with all the chi programs I already have)... Still I'm curious which is the most popular title.

ETA: I'm not knocking this program by any means. I think the creators have tried to do something a little different which is great.
spotted zebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-10, 01:37 PM  
RedPanda

Spotted Zebra - I personally think that some of the claims ChiBall World make about their system are a bit "out there", but I know enough to know that I don't know much about Eastern practices, so I just enjoy the DVDs for their own sake.
Old 12-11-10, 03:11 PM  
RedPanda

Speaking of scented balls...

I just noticed that Gin Miller has scented stress balls on sale for only $3.95 each.

They might be handy to keep in your desk drawer at work to help you refrain from killing your annoying co-workers. Or failing that, you could just lob the balls at their heads.
Old 02-01-11, 05:07 AM  
RedPanda

Just updating this thread...

... to provide links to my reviews of ChiBall Essentials and ChiBall Yoga.
Old 02-01-11, 06:28 AM  
horsemom2

I love the old chiball vhs, especially *Energise and Tone* and wonder if any of the new stuff offers as much cardiovascular effect? It is like doing Nia with a prop.

Barb S
who from the clips and descriptions just doesn't see any as being as active as the old original vhs
horsemom2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-11, 02:16 PM  
Judith L
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by horsemom2 View Post
It is like doing Nia with a prop.
I thought the same thing looking at the video clips on the website.

I just bought these to use with Nia's Global Unity. They're squishy, fit in the palm, and can easily be held upside down.
Old 04-16-11, 01:15 PM  
spotted zebra

Have any been filmed outdoors? It doesn't look like it judging by the clips I watched. That's too bad.

Edit - Oh that's weird. This thread came up for me on page 1 yesterday (most recent threads) so I assumed people were still commenting on it. That explains why I had to do a search to find it again today! But now I see from the dates the last comment was in February.
Old 04-16-11, 02:42 PM  
RedPanda

Since this thread has mysteriously turned up on the front page...

Quote:
Originally Posted by horsemom2 View Post
I love the old chiball vhs, especially *Energise and Tone* and wonder if any of the new stuff offers as much cardiovascular effect? It is like doing Nia with a prop.
I'm not familiar with the older ChiBall workouts, but of the newer ones, only ChiBall Essentials provides a light cardio benefit during the ChiBall dance segment. That's fine by me, because I use the DVDs only for relaxation and stress relief.

Spotted Zebra - no, they are all filmed indoors, but at least the sets they use now are nicer than their old ones. I like the minimalist, pared-down look of their newer sets. I was tempted by one of their older workouts, but put off by the cheap set in which you could see the top of the curtains behind them - one of my pet peeves!
Old 08-21-11, 09:46 AM  
spotted zebra

Reviving this thread to say I put in my first order last night. I haven't ordered anything fitness related for several months or more... but the movements in these programs look like they'd feel great so it's been in the back of my mind... I got Chiball Essentials and was sorely tempted by Awaken your Spine, and Energise and Tone. But Essentials will at least get me started. Maybe by the time I'm ready to order more their North American site will be up and running?? I do wish their clip of Dance of the Dragon included parts outside the warm up. I have a feeling it might be right up my alley but the clip gives no indication of what's to come.

Tags
chi ball, chi ball method