Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-02-10, 06:48 PM  
cfgcanada

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedPanda View Post
International shipping from Australia is expensive, however, the 20% off discount for Christmas would offset some of the shipping costs.
I didn't see anything mentioned about a discount on their site. Is this a code?
Old 12-02-10, 08:26 PM  
RedPanda

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfgcanada View Post
I didn't see anything mentioned about a discount on their site. Is this a code?
Check the link I posted upthread - the code is CHIMAS.
Old 12-03-10, 08:36 AM  
sundari

Quote:
Originally Posted by dickensgirl View Post
http://http://www.chiball.com/about-our-products.html

Scroll down to the bottom, it answers that question. These look interesting, Red; I've got some old David Dorian Ross chi balls, but they're icky black & don't have aromatherapy!!
Thanks for the info. I was too busy looking at all the clips
Old 12-03-10, 09:55 AM  
cfgcanada

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedPanda View Post
Check the link I posted upthread - the code is CHIMAS.
Thanks - I missed the link (slaps hand). I actually just did a browser search.

I ordered the Essentials DVD and a ball.

Would you please report back on the Yoga one when you get it, as it looks like one I'd like too, but didn't want to order too much right now - have to save something for next year .
Old 12-03-10, 10:02 AM  
spotted zebra

Some of the DVDs look interesting and I'm sure the balls I've got at home would work fine. (I have a red chi ball from David Dorian-Ross' program and two blue ones I got locally.) As for aromatherapy, am I the only one who already lights incense or candles when doing chi workouts? ... I might order a DVD later next year. In the meantime I'd love to hear more about the programs themselves.
spotted zebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-10, 10:08 AM  
LAC

I didn't look at the Essentials clip yesterday, but just took a peek and that one looks really good to me too. If I ever decide to buy, I'll probably pick that one. However, I've decided to hold out on getting anything for now. I'll still be interested to hear reviews from those of you that are purchasing, so please do remember to come back and share your thoughts

ETA: Spotted Zebra I like your idea about foregoing the scented chi ball and burning candles or incense instead!
LAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-10, 01:00 PM  
RedPanda

Quote:
Originally Posted by spotted_zebra View Post
Some of the DVDs look interesting and I'm sure the balls I've got at home would work fine. (I have a red chi ball from David Dorian-Ross' program and two blue ones I got locally.) As for aromatherapy, am I the only one who already lights incense or candles when doing chi workouts? I don't see the need for scented balls and prefer choosing scents myself. And I don't need to use different coloured balls for colour therapy. I think using candles in different colours and coloured bath products you can get in health stores do the job quite nicely... I might order a DVD later next year. In the meantime I'd love to hear more about the programs themselves.
I always light scented candles when I do yoga, chi gong or other relaxation-type workouts. A woman I work with makes lovely scented soy candles, and I like to order from her.

As I mentioned upthread, I normally use a 1-pound Pilates ball (similar to David Dorian-Ross' ones) for chi ball workouts, but I ordered a ChiBall one because they are more squishy - you can see a bit of how they are used in the Chi Ball Yoga clip. In one of my other ChiBall DVDs, The Power of Relaxation, the chi ball is incorporated for self-message, and I found my Pilates ball just too hard and uncomfortable to be used that way, so I'm looking forward to revisiting that workout with my ChiBall chi ball.
Old 12-03-10, 03:11 PM  
spotted zebra

The set of blue ones I have will probably work fine then. They're a little squishy too (and nice and small).
spotted zebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-10, 05:00 AM  
RedPanda

Thumbs up My ball and DVDs arrived today!

They look great! The production values are even better than before. Both the ChiBall Yoga and ChiBall Essentials DVDs provide a 60-minute workout, and both are chaptered. And the music, as always, is beautiful.

The yoga DVD is slow, meditative and gentle. In fact, it starts with a lengthy meditation. This would be good for winding down before bed after a stressful day.

ChiBall Essentials incorporates a slow-moving Chi ball dance, a more active chi ball dance (this is the bit shown on the clip), gentle yoga, Pilates, and finishes with a meditation in savasana.

I'm also happy with the chi ball. I ordered the silver one on impulse because it is so purty, then realised the scent is eucalyptus - I hoped it wouldn't smell like cough drops, but it's actually a subtle aroma like the Australian bush. It will complement the "Australian Bush" scented candles I ordered from my soy candle lady.

I've only had time to preview these quickly, but am looking forward to doing the workouts. Two thumbs up!
Old 12-07-10, 04:20 PM  
sundari

Thanks for the feedback RedPanda.

Tags
chi ball, chi ball method