Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-02-10, 04:24 AM  
RedPanda

Cool New ChiBall DVDs

I just received an email from ChiBall World; they have released seven new DVDs, six new CD titles, and two new chi balls - one is a purty silver.

International shipping from Australia is expensive, however, the 20% off discount for Christmas would offset some of the shipping costs.

You can get the details and see clips of the DVDs here.

I ordered ChiBall Yoga, ChiBall Essentials and a purty silver chi ball.
Old 12-02-10, 08:58 AM  
sundari

Are the DVD's good for all regions like USA?
Old 12-02-10, 10:46 AM  
LAC

RedPanda, you are an evil, evil woman for posting about this
For the first time in forever, my wish list had finally been cleared, there was nothing on the horizon I was interested in and I was feeling all virtuous, thinking I could go into 2011 showing some purchasing restraint. Then I notice this thread and can't resist taking a peek. The ChiBall Yoga clip looks just my speed. Plus they sell a new pink ChiBall. I love pink. Now I have video & equipment lust in my heart again !
LAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-10, 10:47 AM  
dickensgirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by sundari View Post
Are the DVD's good for all regions like USA?
http://http://www.chiball.com/about-our-products.html

Scroll down to the bottom, it answers that question. These look interesting, Red; I've got some old David Dorian Ross chi balls, but they're icky black & don't have aromatherapy!!

Twenty years from now, you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the things you did~ Mark Twain
dickensgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-10, 12:27 PM  
RedPanda

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAC View Post
RedPanda, you are an evil, evil woman for posting about this
You're welcome. I may have to change my signature back to "Leader of the Enablers".

Quote:
Originally Posted by dickensgirl View Post
These look interesting, Red; I've got some old David Dorian Ross chi balls, but they're icky black & don't have aromatherapy!!
I usually use a one-pound Stott Pilates ball, which is the same weight as the ones David Dorian Ross used to sell. The light resistance gives a gentle upper body stretch for chi ball dance and traditional Chi Gong. But the chi balls on the ChiBall site are quite different, and very squishy, as you can see from the ChiBall Yoga clip. In one of my other ChiBall DVDs, The Power of Relaxation, the ball is used for self-massage, and the Pilates ball is a bit too hard for that, so I figured I'd order a chi ball from ChiBall world to get the best use from their yoga DVDs. (This is all my long-winded way of saying that if you're buying one of their yoga DVDs, you need to order a chi ball as well.)
Old 12-02-10, 12:53 PM  
dickensgirl

In all seriousness, RedP, THANK YOU for posting today & enabling me I'm sitting here waiting anxiously for word from my brother, who flew in to Chicago last night to see my dad (rehabbing in a nursing home after surgery & controlled by the Wicked Stepmother. But I digress, sort of...)
I LOVE LOVE LOVE the look & vibe of these; they seem so perfect for my stressed-out mood right now, not to mention some of my physical issues.

I'm just trying to decide whether I should get a couple gift packs w/different color/aroma chi balls~ the energize & tone one looks wonderful, sort of a peppier Bernadette Giorgi ball w/o. I also like the 'awaken the spine' ...& speaking of accents, as some were in the Tracey Mallett thread, I adore the Aussie lilt. That will be a soothing plus to these....

Gratefully,
Jeri

Twenty years from now, you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the things you did~ Mark Twain
dickensgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-10, 12:55 PM  
RedPanda

Glad to help Dickensgirl.
Old 12-02-10, 01:50 PM  
Karen Beckwith
VF Supporter

I have the four original Chi Ball VHS tapes and absolutely love them. I recall that when they put them on DVD, they were DVD-R. I wonder if these new ones will be pressed or DVD-R?

"Comfort zones are very often expanded by discomfort." - Mimi Solaire
Karen Beckwith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-10, 02:21 PM  
jahra

I noticed they have a contact number for someone in the USA,
perhaps they carry the dvds which would avoid the high
shipping rate.... just a thought...
Old 12-02-10, 02:54 PM  
RedPanda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karen Beckwith View Post
I have the four original Chi Ball VHS tapes and absolutely love them. I recall that when they put them on DVD, they were DVD-R. I wonder if these new ones will be pressed or DVD-R?
The ones I have are pressed DVDs. They will provide NTSC DVD-Rs to US customers, but if you want a PAL-format DVD, they will send you one.

Tags
chi ball, chi ball method