Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 10-31-10, 08:26 PM  
StephE

Everyone, THANK YOU SO MUCH for all your input!! I really appreciate it. It was really hard to narrow it down to only two, but in the end I chose... "Weights" and "Bootcamp"! I was pretty certain about ordering "Weights", but it was hard narrowing down my second selection... very hard! LOL! But I looked at clips over and over (the longer clips) and Bootcamp just looks like it has so many fun moves in it! And I like the idea of another good stretch workout that comes with it. BUT now I have ALL of Kelly's other 30 MTF workouts at the top of my wish list! Especially Circuit Burn, Kickboxing, and Muscle Definition! Not to mention I want her NYC too!

Again, thank you all so very much for your help in deciding! Now I'll be stalking the postman! And since I ordered from Mary, I should get them this week! Mary ROCKS! And another bonus was I had $6.00 in "My Rewards" $ that I got to use on this order! So, I'm happy with my order! Now I'll be anxiously awaiting me some KCM!!

Exercise is THERAPY for all the challenges and trials life throws my way!!
StephE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-10, 09:23 PM  
DirtDiva

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eibhinn View Post
I have all three, and while I like them all, I think Kickboxing and bootcamp has some downsides you might want to consider.

My vote is for weights because it is IMO the most versatile, probably partly because it's the most basic. It has an Upper body/Lower Body split, and you can do each of them with active rests with either hi-lo aerobics, standing ab work or floor ab work. The premixes include full-body workouts. I can't really think of any downsides for 30mtf weights. It's great as long as you don't hate traditional isolation strength moves.

Kickboxing is fun, but I find it really hard to follow, even after watching the tutorial. I've never really been able to follow along without frequently screwing up the combos, partly because the cueing is not great/sometimes confusing and unclear.

Bootcamp would be my last choice. I find many of the moves clumsy or awkward. I would also say it's the most difficult of the three, or at least the most difficult to modify down by choosing lower weights. I mostly use the cardio premix on this one. The bonus stretch is nice, but I also found it surprisingly advanced in places, for example with the inclusion of plough pose, which is a tricky one and potentially harmful if you lack the flexibility for it.
I could have written this. I ended up selling all of them, including the weights. If I had one choice, it would be 30 Minutes in the weight-lifting categories only.
DirtDiva is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
favorite kcm, kcm, kelly coffey meyer, kelly coffey-meyer