Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 10-29-10, 07:38 PM  
StephE

RENEETX, yes, I am a FIRM fan too! I'm going to look at that Circuit Burn too now that I'm probably ordering from Mary and she carries it. Do you know how Circuit Burn compares to Bootcamp? Which one is better?

Exercise is THERAPY for all the challenges and trials life throws my way!!
StephE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-10, 07:43 PM  
StephE

Diane ~ I should get all three, but I wanted to order soon (like tomorrow ), so I wanted to go ahead a get something from Mary. The prices will be higher than Deep Discount though, so the most I'm ordering is two (I may only get one). I actually had all three of them in my cart at Deep Discount and then realized they were on backorder. And DD has no clue as to when they'll get them back in stock. That's just crazy. Mary normally can always tell us when she's getting things in. That's why I should give Mary my money anyway. Her customer service is worth the few extra $$.

Old 10-29-10, 07:49 PM  
StephE

Everyone, now that I'm ordering from Mary and she has more of a selection.. I was wondering...

How does "Muscle Endurance" compare to the "Weights" workout? From what I can tell, Muscle Endurance is all weight lifting (no cardio) and more light weight work. Is that right? The thing I like about the "Weights" workout is the cardio and abs options to mix in with it.

Also, How does "Circuit Burn" compare to "Bootcamp"? Which one is better? I had originally decided that I was probably going to order Bootcamp, but now I'm thinking about Circuit Burn.

Thanks for helping me with these!! I really appreciate it!!

Old 10-29-10, 07:53 PM  
alisoncooks

I use the same weights for Weights as I do for Muscle Definition. I actually prefer M.D., but I do think that Weights may offer more variety in the way of premixes (standing abs, cardio, weights)....M.D. is just the weight premixes (though there are several).

One note: one of the workouts in M.D. is longer than 30 minutes...closer to 40. But I do this one.

I only previewed Circuit Burn, so I can't speak on it...but one look told me it was not for me .
alisoncooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-10, 08:43 PM  
CharM

Weights is my favorite, and for this workout the heaviest I use are 15s. I love the premixes and the option to choose your active rest. There's a full body premix with no active rest. It is tough!

Muscle Definition comes in second. I haven't done MD in a while, but I'm certain I used lighter weights for this one. I think I used the poundage she recommends on the back. Well chaptered, good premixes, but it's longer than 30 minutes.

I don't like Bootcamp as is, but I think the premixes are ok.

I didn't like Kickboxing at all. I thought it didn't flow well, and it felt very uncomfortable doing those moves.
CharM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-10, 08:53 PM  
lreidgreen
VF Supporter

Weights is my favorite too. I really like the mixed full body premix as I usually do full body weight workouts. All the options make this a very versatile workout DVD as others have mentioned.

I like bootcamp but don't do it much. I really wanted to like kickboxing but found it too hard to follow. I haven't traded it yet thinking that one day I will carve out some time to master it!
PM me if you want to borrow Kickbox or Bootcamp for a SASE.

Leslie
lreidgreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-10, 10:20 PM  
icebergslim

I have to be another cheerleader for KCMs Weights.

What I did not need was another weight dvd workout, but was intrigued by the 30 minutes. The hidden treasure are the abundance of premixes. On that day that you may do tabata or hiit and feel like you need a short full body, pull this dvd out. I love it and it is a favorite of the KCMs 30 minutes to fitness workouts.
icebergslim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-10, 10:26 PM  
Eibhinn

Quote:
Originally Posted by StephE View Post
Diane ~ I should get all three, but I wanted to order soon (like tomorrow ), so I wanted to go ahead a get something from Mary. The prices will be higher than Deep Discount though, so the most I'm ordering is two (I may only get one). I actually had all three of them in my cart at Deep Discount and then realized they were on backorder. And DD has no clue as to when they'll get them back in stock. That's just crazy. Mary normally can always tell us when she's getting things in. That's why I should give Mary my money anyway. Her customer service is worth the few extra $$.
Yeah, Deep Discount tends to be iffy. Back when I ordered Yoga Shakti from them (eons ago!) I don't think they let me know it was backordered until after the order went through -- so that's something they're better at, anyway -- and it took MONTHS to arrive. Its been forever since I bought anything from them until I put an order in with them a week ago today for two items, both listed as being in stock. One item shipped out yesterday, and no word on the other one yet. That's, um, awesome service, no?
Eibhinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-10, 11:59 PM  
dela

I recently bought a whole bunch of KCM, everyone you mentioned plus a few more. If I had to pick just 2 from the list it would be Weights and Circuit Burn, Kickbox would be at the bottom of the list and I would go so far as to say if I had tried it out first I would not have bought it.

Weights is the best one in it's versatility and fantastic and useful premixes. And I just really like the workouts.

Circuit Burn, so far loving this one too, it's cardio and weights, and the time goes by quickly. I like the second workout on the dvd a little better than the first one.

Muscle Definition is another winner, uses lighter weights, more reps.

I just did bootcamp for the first time recently, but oddly I just can't really remember a lot of details from it, but I recall liking it.

Kickboxing is the only one that I don't feel very strongly about, I found it a bit awkward at times to follow, like some moves were just not quite right or natural to follow, and I think it's a good warmup workout if you are doing something else for the day, but as a stand alone, it did not seem as effective as all the others.
dela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-10, 12:47 AM  
js70

Of all the 30-minute workout of KCM. I had all, but kept only Kickbox and Bootcamp. So those 2 are my favorites.
js70 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
favorite kcm, kcm, kelly coffey meyer, kelly coffey-meyer