Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 06-22-10, 12:02 PM  
donnamp

Videofit, that is a great idea! I will see if that works!

I read somewhere on VF about a VFer who did a rotation of one unplugged, one classical stretch and a bit of cardio every day. That sounds just awesome to me!

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-10, 10:40 PM  
videofit

I did chapters 2003 and 2004 today. As much as I liked the first two chapters, I disliked these. They seem to have been shot at a different point in time.

In 2003, shot in her back yard, Margaret looked very different than she did in Tallahassee and not in a good way. Everything in this chapter was floorwork. The pushups and pushdowns were challenging but the rest of the workout was mediocre. The warmup and stretch were even less effective than normal and I'm generally not a fan of either when she does them. Margaret was in a good mood and cracking jokes, "Heidi, if one of those green twirly things falls into your mouth, just swallow it and don't make a fuss."

2004 was standing and floorwork. Margaret definitely looked better. The workout just didn't flow for me. The lying calf work was not challenging. The bridge work was, however, because my toes were up on dumbbells which worked my calves, which was good. Her standing and floor hamstring work has always been tough and I've never used leg weights. In this, you were down on one knee and lifting your kneeling calf and foot up and down while you rested your arm on your non working leg. I just didn't feel it at all, so next time will either use leg weights or do it standing up.

Together both chapters were not a complete workout so I will most likely not do them unless I am feeling tired and lazy and, let's face it, there are times when we all need that sort of a workout. She seemed to stop and start and give instructions which I didn't think were necessary unless you were a beginner. I realize these were the TV shows, so that might explain it. Doing the first two chapters left me sore for two days and these later two were barely a blip on my fitness radar.

It will be interesting to try the 2005 and 2006, so I'll report back. Keeping my fingers crossed!
Old 06-24-10, 06:28 AM  
sherry7899

Videofit, thank you so much for the detailed reviews. I have this series, but have just skipped around doing bits of different episodes.

Do you like the 2000 series more than the 1900 series?

I noticed that Margaret extended the four dvds for $99 dollars sale until Friday.
I don't think they include the Unplugged dvds, though ?

Sherry
sherry7899 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-10, 07:01 AM  
donnamp

Yikes! Extended til Friday - that means my CC isn't safe!

Donna
Old 06-24-10, 07:09 AM  
Waterbabie
VF Supporter

videofit, thanks for the detailed reviews! Keep them coming please! I'll gamble and pass on this sale, but I'll be better armed with info for the next.
Old 06-24-10, 07:28 AM  
ldj

Is there a code for the sale? Tried putting 4 dvds into my cart and am not getting $99. Please help!

Tried my first MR and I really like her.

Lara
ldj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-10, 09:16 AM  
donnamp

Hi Lara,

I think on Margaret's site it says you would be e-mailed a confirmation with the corrected pricing. I personally prefer to see the discount before I hit send so I know there will be no SNAFUs!

Donna
Old 06-24-10, 09:32 AM  
lorajc

Darn...I just ordered the 2000 series. I have not yet done them, but I previewed and I thought they looked on the easy side....but I need to try them first.

I also ordered the Classics 1 & 2 and did it the other day. I was so inpsired by Margaret's Physique from a segment in High Voltage that it made me order a couple of her older workouts. I think I got one of the Unplugged's 1900 and another dVD ....which I can't recall the name of.

I did Classics 1 & 2 yesterday and really liked it.
lorajc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-10, 09:44 AM  
sherry7899

Lorajc,

I'm so impressed you made it through another Margaret workout on the same day as High Voltage!

You can string together a few Unplugged episodes and lift heavier to make them more difficult.

Sherry
sherry7899 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-10, 10:00 AM  
ldj

Donnap: Thanks! You're right. But you need a code and if you are interested in the sale the code is PLUG.

Lara
ldj is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dislike, margaret richard, unplugged