Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-21-10, 11:37 PM  
videofit

Margaret's Unplugged 2000 series

I caved and bought the entire 4-DVD set and did the first two short chapters today. These are meant to be done one chapter per day on her TV show but I always do two or more. I have enjoyed the 1900 series Vol. 1, shot in her backyard but I really like 2000 so much better. Now, I've only just done shows 2001 and 2002, but fingers crossed the rest are as good.

Margaret was sixty when she shot these in 2008 and she looks fantastic. Show 2001 was shot in the gorgeous, large back yard of Tallahassee's mayor. Margaret used to tape her show in the city when she first started out over twenty years ago and it happened that the mayor's wife, Janie, was on those shows! So this was a great bit of Margaret history. They are obviously very good friends and chatted throughout. I suppose if this were your only DVD it might get annoying, but then again maybe not, since there are eight chapters. I really enjoyed the chatter. Guess which animal Margaret wants to be? This might be too folksy and familiar for some used to robotic instructors.

The unweighted triceps work was a revelation. I didn't think it was possible to get such a tough workout without using weights at all. Her standing inner thigh work was very different, using light weights, and very effective as well. I've never seen it done that way. She did different bridge work, with the hips raised very high and swiveling.

Chapter 2002 was in Margaret's backyard with Heidi who was miked and, while not too chatty, talked more than she has in the past. As I type this, my back and shoulders are nicely sore.

I haven't given a total breakdown of every exercise, but I think if you are going to buy one or more Unpluggeds, I'd get them from the 2000 series as they are the very newest and I am really looking forward to doing all twenty-six chapters! I am so pleased that it looks like the money I splurged will be well worth it.
Old 06-22-10, 12:42 AM  
ilovemybirds

Thanks for sharing that! I'll definitely keep that series in mind!
ilovemybirds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-10, 07:36 AM  
kathys
VF Supporter

Does the 2000 series have background music and does anyone know if it was ever aired on PBS?
kathys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-10, 07:47 AM  
sherry7899

Hi,

The 2000 does not have background music.

I thought the lack of music would bother me, but there are plenty of nature sounds (birds, water) and Margaret's chatter, so after awhile I forgot the music was missing. You do notice it when Margaret comments on liking a song, which is not playing!

I think they did air on PBS, but I could be wrong. I could be mixing it up with the 1900 series. I recorded the 1900 series before our PBS station took off Body Electric.

Sherry
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-10, 08:04 AM  
kathys
VF Supporter

Thanks Sherry! My PBS station airs 1900 and some older episodes of Body Electric but I have never seen any 2000 episodes. I'm on the fence about buying the 2000 series because I enjoy the music in the 1900 series so much.
kathys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-10, 08:29 AM  
Waterbabie
VF Supporter

Thanks for posting videofit; I've almost pulled the trigger on the 2000s several times, but found very few reviews about it. I have the first disc of 1900 which I like a lot. I guess the next time there is a sale, I can pick up one or several of these.
Old 06-22-10, 10:27 AM  
videofit

Margaret plays music in the background of the Unpluggeds, just not loud enough to pay a licensing fee, however. If you listen very carefully sometimes you can hear it. I actually don't care for her choice of music in general, so I like the Unpluggeds.
Old 06-22-10, 11:18 AM  
donnamp

Darn! Wish I took advantage of the sale now. I see it is still up on her site, do I take a chance???

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-10, 11:43 AM  
videofit

Quote:
Originally Posted by donnamp View Post
Darn! Wish I took advantage of the sale now. I see it is still up on her site, do I take a chance???

Donna
Why not call her office and say you were out of town and didn't hear about the sale until just now?
Old 06-22-10, 11:44 AM  
sherry7899

Videofit is right-sometimes you can hear the music very faintly in the background. Some of the music I like and some I don't. I have some episodes where she used music by Sting and Sarah McLachlan and Paul McCartney

Sherry
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dislike, margaret richard, unplugged