Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 03-09-09, 05:56 PM  
Sophia

Quote:
Originally Posted by sundari
Unfortunately the Discovery channel and Fit TV have not gotten their act together to see that if they'd bother to put these "All Star Workouts" onto DVD format people would buy them. Petra has some good workouts on Fit TV as well.
Does anyone know if Exercise TV is making a nice profit off their DVD releases? Maybe all of us who are interested should write to Discovery & Fit TV and point out that there is a very interested market for these products.
Sophia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-09, 05:58 PM  
Sophia

Quote:
Originally Posted by sundari
The "Express Belly Blast" has more intensity than "Walk Off Belly Fat". In the "EBB" there is a modifier for low intensity moves so if you did the moves as Madison does she is the advanced the workout would be high intermediate.

The breakdown for "EBB" 20 min. of Cardio Intervals, 10 Metabolism Boost which uses dumbbells for toning, 5 minutes of Yoga more of a stretch.

The breadown for "Walk Off Belly Fat" 25 minutes of Walking Intervals which there are some moves to intensify, and 8 minutes of ab work.

As far as are they worth having? That is a personal decision. If you enjoy Ellen and wish you had more of Ellen variety workouts than yes. If you only do Ellen occasionally and she is not a favorite than no. Ellen is a favorite for me and I enjoy these Prevention workouts more than some Leslie's. Just because Ellen adds more variety than Leslie and also after doing an Ellen workout I always feel good.
Thanks so much for all that info! I do like Ellen and do Leslie's workouts relatively often, so I think I'll go visit Amazon right now!
Sophia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-09, 07:11 AM  
sundari

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophia
Does anyone know if Exercise TV is making a nice profit off their DVD releases? Maybe all of us who are interested should write to Discovery & Fit TV and point out that there is a very interested market for these products.
I don't get Exercise TV but from reading here they have realized the value of making DVD's of their programs. At least some of their exercise programs have been put onto DVD format. So I think they are making a profit.
Old 05-26-09, 02:21 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by sundari View Post
Unfortunately the Discovery channel and Fit TV have not gotten their act together to see that if they'd bother to put these "All Star Workouts" onto DVD format people would buy them. Petra has some good workouts on Fit TV as well.
question about All Star Workouts -

is this available on DVD yet? can you watch the video via the internet?

we don't have fittv chanel - wah!

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-09, 07:11 AM  
sundari

I've never seen the "All Star Workouts" from Fit TV available for sale as DVD's. As far as the internet I haven't seen any clips of them.
Old 05-27-09, 07:31 AM  
Usia
VF Supporter

I recorder Ellen's Slo-Robics and Zen Sculpt off FitTV after I contacted them asking if these workouts were available for sale. At that time, FitTV did not sell them and was not interested in doing so anytime soon if ever.
Usia is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ellen barrett, ellen barrett rotations, fit tv, fittv, pick your level, rotation, slo-robics, slorobics