Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-09-09, 08:01 AM  
Rhonda

Ellen Barret or Similar Rotation

I am wondering if anyone has done an Ellen or similar rotation and what were the results?

Can you also please post what your rotation consisted of?

I am trying some new things out and did an Ellen workout from FitTV this weekend (Slowrobics) and enjoyed it. So wondering if you did these type of workouts, do you get results such as slimming/loosing weight, etc.

I know alot of it has to do with diet which we cannot talk about.

Thanks
Rhonda
Rhonda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-09, 09:34 AM  
ssgilby

Rhonda - I love Ellen! I haven't done an exclusive Ellen rotation before, but a buddy of mine here and I are starting one today. I plan on doing it for at least two weeks. Here's my plan -

Monday - Slo-Robics (plus I added in the standing abs and both arm sections from Tracy Anderson's Mat Workout, just because I love that workout and because I felt I needed a bit more for my arms.)

Tuesday - Crunch - Burn & Firm Pilates

Wednesday - Crunch - Fat-Burning Pilates (AM) and Zen Sculpt (PM)

Thursday - Cardio (probably a Leslie) + Bikini Ready Fast

Friday - Fat-Burning Fusion

Saturday - Cardio (probably a Leslie) + Slim Sculpt

Sunday - Yogini

I just ordered Ellen's Pick Your Spot Pilates from swapadvd, and when it arrives, I may add sections from that onto certain days. I will keep you posted on any results I see. I've been doing a Leslie + Barre/Dance workout rotation for a few months now, and I have been seeing results, feeling really good and enjoying it immensely.
Old 03-09-09, 09:45 AM  
Rhonda

Shelley,

That is great news about seeing results. I have been doing heavier training and my body is starting to break down from it. sore knee, hurt shoulder, etc.

So wondering if a "easier" routine is in store for me.

I don't have many ellen's just the two from FitTV but am contemplating getting her three studio workouts.

Your rotation looks good. I guess I may need to go buy some more

Rhonda
Rhonda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-09, 10:28 AM  
ssgilby

Rhonda - That was exactly what was happening with me doing more intense workouts for a few years. I was constantly sore from DOMS, I was tired, irritable, prone to illness, my back went out (although both my doc and PT think this was more due to bad habits in daily activies rather than working out, although that certainly could've excaerbated it), and I just didn't feel *good.* Not only that, but although I know I was in shape, I wasn't seeing results in my body. I stayed in the same 5-8 lb. weight range and my measurements would go up a bit here, down a bit there, etc. Once I switched things up, my body responded by losing weight and inches and gaining more tone and definition. (Although this could also be that my body type responds better to gentler rotations and more low/no weight - high rep stuff.) The most important thing, though, is that I feel better! I feel worked out yet refreshed after a workout, I have more energy throughout the day, my back feels great, and I just feel healthier overall. One thing I love about Ellen's workouts (and Leslie's stuff too), is that it enables me to focus more on what I'm doing and that very important mind-body connection.

Ellen's Studio workouts are great and a wonderful addition to a fitness collection. They are kind of like a bit more intense versions of her Fit TV workouts. Slim Sculpt is like Zen Sculpt, and Slo-Robics is similar to Fat Burning Fusion. Yogini is one of her tougher w/os, IMO. I find it as challenging as some of the power yoga videos I have. If you don't like yoga, though, beware. Yogini is very yoga-oriented.

Keep us posted!
Old 03-09-09, 11:44 AM  
sundari

I did this and lost some weight. I've also lost weight with other rotations so that is not remarkable. But the best thing was I really looked forward to the workouts because I felt so good afterwards. This feeling lasted throughout the day which was great. No puke in the bucket, or dread here.

All Ellen:

Mon: "Slim Sculpt"

Tue: "Walk Off Belly Fat & Abs"

Wed: "Crunch Fat Burn Pilates"

Thu: "Express Belly Blast"

Fri: "Fat Burning Fusion"

Sat: "Crunch Super Slimdown Pilates Yoga Blend"

Sun: Rest

Mon: "Self Slim & Sleek Fast"

Tue: "Fat Burning Fusion"

Wed: "Pick Your Level:Weight Loss Pilates"

Thu: "Bikini Ready Fast"

Fri: "Yogini"

Sat: "Burn & Firm Pilates"

Sun: Rest
Old 03-09-09, 03:18 PM  
Sophia

Sundari (and anyone else who knows), how are Ellen's Flat Belly workouts? (Who put those out? Was it Prevention Magazine?) Are they worth getting? The Borders by me has one of them and I looked at it, but couldn't recall what the majority verdict was for them.

Are they at about the same level as her usual stuff?

Last edited by Sophia; 03-09-09 at 04:25 PM. Reason: To add question
Sophia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-09, 03:31 PM  
ella

Where can Slo-Robics be purchased?
ella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-09, 03:38 PM  
Sophia

Quote:
Originally Posted by ella
From what I've read on the other threads, you can't buy it. Ellen's TV workouts aren't available for purchase. People have been recording them. I think they're off FitTv (don't have cable, so not sure of the name of the station).
Sophia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-09, 04:26 PM  
sundari

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophia
Sundari (and anyone else who knows), how are Ellen's Flat Belly workouts? (Who put those out? Was it Prevention Magazine?) Are they worth getting? The Borders by me has one of them and I looked at it, but couldn't recall what the majority verdict was for them.
The "Express Belly Blast" has more intensity than "Walk Off Belly Fat". In the "EBB" there is a modifier for low intensity moves so if you did the moves as Madison does she is the advanced the workout would be high intermediate.

The breakdown for "EBB" 20 min. of Cardio Intervals, 10 Metabolism Boost which uses dumbbells for toning, 5 minutes of Yoga more of a stretch.

The breadown for "Walk Off Belly Fat" 25 minutes of Walking Intervals which there are some moves to intensify, and 8 minutes of ab work.

As far as are they worth having? That is a personal decision. If you enjoy Ellen and wish you had more of Ellen variety workouts than yes. If you only do Ellen occasionally and she is not a favorite than no. Ellen is a favorite for me and I enjoy these Prevention workouts more than some Leslie's. Just because Ellen adds more variety than Leslie and also after doing an Ellen workout I always feel good.
Old 03-09-09, 04:28 PM  
sundari

Quote:
Originally Posted by ella
Unfortunately the Discovery channel and Fit TV have not gotten their act together to see that if they'd bother to put these "All Star Workouts" onto DVD format people would buy them. Petra has some good workouts on Fit TV as well.

Tags
ellen barrett, ellen barrett rotations, fit tv, fittv, pick your level, rotation, slo-robics, slorobics