Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-04-09, 04:12 PM  
horsemom2

Chiball Dance of the Dragon

I know a few VFers have dabbled in Chiball and wondered if anyone has tried their newest Dance of the Dragon dvd which seems to now be available in the US

http://www.chiball.com/shop/gift-pac...k.html?shopg=8
horsemom2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-09, 05:08 PM  
LAC

Do you think the movements shown in this video clip are from Dance of the Dragon? The clip is about 5 minutes long and the snippets of the workout start at about 3 minutes in.
LAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-09, 06:02 PM  
horsemom2

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAC
Do you think the movements shown in this video clip are from Dance of the Dragon? The clip is about 5 minutes long and the snippets of the workout start at about 3 minutes in.
One clue is what color the chiball is. Dance of the Dragon uses a red one.
I'll look in a couple of weeks after we get a broadband internet connection. Cannot try any clips while on dialup except collage till then.

Barb S
Old 02-04-09, 07:30 PM  
LAC

There are three people doing the workout, 2 women and 1 man, all of them are dressed in black and holding a red chi ball.
Old 02-04-09, 08:47 PM  
horsemom2

Trying to remember which workouts used a red ball previously but am drawing a blank. Guess I will have to drag out what I have and check them LOL
How did it sound and look?
will be one of the first places I go online if and when we have a good internet connection.

Barb S
who is really fighting caving cuz just heard there were two new NIA workouts released
Old 02-04-09, 09:02 PM  
LAC

Couldn't actually hear the workout itself, they just showed portions of it while talking about the ChiBall method. It did look interesting though, kind of a slow, meditative flowing tai chi dance.
Old 02-04-09, 10:42 PM  
Karen Beckwith
VF Supporter

I have all of the original Chiball Method videos and still love them. The balls in those videos were orange, yellow, purple and green and each had a different scent.

The clip is definitely not from any of the original videos (they were all led by Monica Linford whose voice you hear in the clip) so I assume it is from Dance of the Dragon. I did notice that a lot of the moves in the clips were the same as some of the moves in the original videos.

I was interested in purchasing Dance of the Dragon until I noticed it was $50! Whoa. I think I will continue to use my original videos.

"Comfort zones are very often expanded by discomfort." - Mimi Solaire
Karen Beckwith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-09, 06:37 AM  
horsemom2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karen Walsh
I was interested in purchasing Dance of the Dragon until I noticed it was $50! Whoa. I think I will continue to use my original videos.
$50 Australian which is currently more like $30 American.
However, haven't a clue how much shipping and handling will be.

Barb S
who will probably cave for this one sooner than the new Nias without Carlos
(I emailed them and will wait to hear if I can order and how much it will be including shipping and handling)
Old 02-05-09, 07:38 AM  
LAC

Quote:
Originally Posted by horsemom2
Trying to remember which workouts used a red ball previously but am drawing a blank. Guess I will have to drag out what I have and check them LOL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karen Walsh
As you both seem familiar with them, may I ask which are your favorites and why? I'm cutting back on my purchasing, but I've only spent $16 on fitness related items so far this year, so I might consider splurging on one DVD & ball set.
Old 02-05-09, 08:45 AM  
horsemom2

I prefer the standing and chair stuff to the floor stuff as I do in all workouts. Have to revisit to see which had more of what I like.

Barb S

Tags
chi ball, chi ball method, chi gong, dance of the dragon, monica linford