Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 05-31-07, 10:09 AM  
Debbie Lust

Need music recs for MR's Unplugged

I just took advantage of Margaret Richard's latest sale and picked up Unplugged volumes one and two. What suggestions does everyone have for good music to go along with them? I'd like to have the same style that she usually uses in her other videos and show so I may pick up Corrine Bailey Rae and some similar light, somewhat jazzy styles of music (I have some Sade and may use that too).

I'm looking forward to your suggestions-Thanks!

Debbie
Debbie Lust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-07, 10:24 AM  
Sollamyn

I watched her show this morning (I was doing my own thing, but like to tune in for her music). She was playing some of Stevie Wonder's lighter numbers. It was really good.
Old 05-31-07, 11:17 AM  
sundari

She has used music by Sting, Prince, Mariah Carey so many others can't remember all now.
Old 05-31-07, 11:22 AM  
macska
VF Supporter

Can you please tell me what's on "Unplugged"? I'm so tempted to buy it but have a large collection of MR already.
macska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-07, 11:51 AM  
kelsey211
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sundari
She has used music by Sting, Prince, Mariah Carey so many others can't remember all now.
Other artists: Paul McCartney, Rod Stewart, Chris Botti, Alan Parsons, Michael McDonald, Rascal Flatts, Joss Stone, Damon Rice, Kate Melula, Yoyo Ma, Baby Face.

I only know this because I've been taking my show recordings and burning them to dvds.

Personally, I don't think you need the entire series of 4 dvds. 1 or 2 dvds will be sufficient. IMHO there's not enough difference in the exercises to warrant buying all 4 dvds. I would save the $$ for some of her other workouts.

ETA: Debbie, yes all the unpluggeds (show series 1900) are shot outdoors which is very nice.
kelsey211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-07, 11:52 AM  
Debbie Lust

Actually, I'm not sure yet. I just placed the order last night. I just started checking her website more often after hearing about a sale 3 or 4 weeks ago; I don't think she did that as much before and I don't think Unplugged is on sale often so I jumped on that right away. Plus, I'm totally into any of her videos that are shot outdoors and apparently those are.
Old 05-31-07, 11:57 AM  
hedygs
VF Supporter

Hi Debbie I have no recs for you but was wondering if you are the Debbie that I remember from way back that did a ton of Taebo? Did you even go to a taping?

If so Hi! If not Hi!
hedygs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-07, 12:25 PM  
Debbie Lust

Quote:
Originally Posted by hedygs
Hi Debbie I have no recs for you but was wondering if you are the Debbie that I remember from way back that did a ton of Taebo? Did you even go to a taping?

If so Hi! If not Hi!
Although I am from way back (I think I was here as early as the second year VF was around in its earliest form) I doubt I'm that Debbie. I did used to do lots of Taebo but never went to a taping. I used to post a lot more now I mostly lurk. I posted years ago about planning on getting married on Marriage Island at the Riverwalk in San Antonio which we did and the outpouring of love, support and overall good vibes from VF touched my husband so much he nearly cried; of course he's pretty emotional for man anyway. So Hi Back! I definitely remember you. Maybe I'll start posting more again; it just might help me get back on track!!
Old 05-31-07, 02:14 PM  
sundari

Quote:
Originally Posted by macska
Can you please tell me what's on "Unplugged"? I'm so tempted to buy it but have a large collection of MR already.
The first set of Unplugged's is the one that has the most workouts on it.
Old 05-31-07, 03:16 PM  
sherry7899

There was a listing of all the workouts in the Unplugged series that showed which body part was worked along with which song is being played. I'll see if I can find it on her webiste and post a link.

Sherry (very glad our pbs station carries body electric!)
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
margaret richard, unplugged