Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 11-26-05, 01:47 PM  
LeslieM
VF Supporter

Firmie here!

I've tried them all and the Firm (and the relations: WHFN, FitPrime, TLPs) are the backbone of my exercise program. (Been a VFer and active on the excange\swapmeet for 8 years so I've seen a LOT of workouts) I've tried Cathe and many others. I don't click with Cathe and don't use her much. I like many other instructors, but estimate I do at least 2 or 3 Firms a week. The Firm really works for me!
Leslie
LeslieM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-05, 02:13 PM  
Jane P.
VF Supporter

I started with the low impact classics, vol. 4, 5, & 6. I also loved Strong Heart, Strong Body and the Tri Trainers. I also used the Firm Basics a lot after an operation. I even liked the funky jungle set of the Prime Powers. In the beginning there was a lot of fat loss, but after years of Firming I plateaued, and it didn't seem to work anymore. Also, I felt I was lacking in cardio stamina. I switched to Cathe's CTX which jump started my weight loss but the impact killed me. Now I do a variety of instructors and styles. I haven't yet tried the WHFNs. Maybe I'll request some of them for Christmas.
Old 11-26-05, 02:28 PM  
carole r.

I also love the Firm because it allows me to kill two birds with one stone. I don't click with Cathe, wish I did, but I just don't. I love other workouts for Cardio and Strenth, but the Firm helps me to get both done at the same time and feel like I'm getting a real workout. Plus I can use my rebounder with most of the workouts too!
Old 11-26-05, 08:15 PM  
steakhousegirl

This thread is amazing. The Firm has really worked for me (BSS1, BSS2 and BSS3 and of course my dear vol.1) but Cathe's strength training just seems to jumpstart the whole thing. So, I'm always switching between the two and I feel stronger than ever.
steakhousegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-05, 09:44 PM  
lfcjasp
Exchange Moderator

Back in the mid and late 80's, the Firm videos were by far my favorites...I had Vol. 1-4. They got me firmed up and strong and did wonders for my cardio capacity (despite the smoking ). I got out of working out consistently for awhile and when I restarted those old classics were a great help in getting me going. Then I discovered a whole universe of video instructors (and found some old ones like Charlene and Kathy Smith). I do click with Cathe and her workouts, but I won't ever part with my little Firm collection (those first four volumes plus Firm Strength); they're simply too good to part with for solid, kick-butt AWT workouts. They have enough cardio and tough enough strength workouts to make them worthwhile to keep doing and for the beauty of the music and the sets, they can't be beat.

Results? If you're a beginner and do them every other day, you will see some improvements. I don't think they work so much magic for more experienced exercisers, but they're still great workouts...a change of pace, fun, and still challenging
Old 11-27-05, 10:35 PM  
Anny

I always seem to get my best results when I combine the FIRM workouts and taebo. I alwyas end up coming back to these!
Old 11-27-05, 10:44 PM  
LovetoFirm

The Firm AWT workouts are great for me. I love doing them. Fat Blaster and Super Cardio are great with the rebounder. I started out with Leslie and the Firm, and I keep going back to the Firm.
LovetoFirm is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bss1, bss3, bss4, revisiting the firm