Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-19-23, 12:04 PM  
LeslieM
VF Supporter

Jessica Smith Website Updates and Using Website as a Phone App

Who else is experimenting with installing Jessica's website as an app on their phone?

I am and am also loving the new filters to find workouts on the website.

I wrote to customer service that I would love to see a resistance band category when filtering by equipment needed. I use resistance bands a lot when traveling. Low and behold, when I logged in today, the resistance band equipment category had been added!

Great customer service!

Check out the changes to the website!

Jessica's May 17 email stated:

(Note: this worked on my Android phone too)
Have you ‘tapped to make this an app’ yet?
Be sure to turn our site into an app on your phone or tablet for the best viewing experience! While our player app is required for downloads, if you are streaming your videos, our site is the best place to experience all of the features our site has to offer.
From your phone or tablet, open your Safari browser on your device and then go to jessicasmith.fitness, click on the menu and scroll down to view the ‘TAP HERE TO MAKE THIS AN APP!” option.

Also:COMING SOON: COLLECTIONS!
While these will only be viewable through our site and not on the purple player app, our new collections feature will make our seasons, series and challenges easier than ever to view and use. (Be sure to ‘tap to make it an app’ - see above for instructions- so you can easily reference it anytime! All videos will still be accessible/searchable through the player app library). While this new addition is still a work in progress (and we will be adding new content to it regularly), our “Movement Snacks,” “Recovery Series” and “Just Get Moving” collections are available now.
And don’t forget that in your library, you can:

FAVORITE
Have a hard time remembering which workouts you really liked? (Me too!) That’s why we have a favorites tab available - simply click on the star outline on the lower left of the bottom corner to ‘favorite’ (or if you change your mind, click it again to unselect), then click on the ‘SHOW FAVORITES ONLY’ button in the upper right to pull up all of your favorited programs at once.

FILTER
On the left side, you’ll see our filters menu (we’re currently working on expanding this as well!) where you can search by distance, equipment (or no equipment, perfect for travel sessions), level, series, workout length or type.
Simply click on the downward arrow to expand to view your selection options and then click on the filter you’d like to use (note you can select more than one at a time, but if you want to do a new search be sure to unselect any previous filters to clear them first).

GET MORE INFO
Want to see what a program includes or the equipment you’ll need for the session? Click on the ‘i’ circle in the bottom right corner of the video thumbnail to expand the detail page, where you can watch a preview clip (if available), view the chapters list (if chaptered), download or open any bonus content such as a rotation calendar, etc. It’s like having the back of a DVD cover, only better!

https://www.jessicasmith.fitness/
Old 05-19-23, 02:57 PM  
bubbles76

That is amazing customer service! Brilliant suggestion on your part.
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-23, 05:00 PM  
geojill

I had already done that because I prefer the website to Purple Player. It’s a super easy process and I have done it with multiple websites. I do like the filters option and love the customer service you received!
Old 05-21-23, 10:39 PM  
nevertoolate

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeslieM View Post
Who else is experimenting with installing Jessica's website as an app on their phone?

(Note: this worked on my Android phone too)
Have you ‘tapped to make this an app’ yet?
Be sure to turn our site into an app on your phone or tablet for the best viewing experience! While our player app is required for downloads, if you are streaming your videos, our site is the best place to experience all of the features our site has to offer.
From your phone or tablet, open your Safari browser on your device and then go to jessicasmith.fitness, click on the menu and scroll down to view the ‘TAP HERE TO MAKE THIS AN APP!”

https://www.jessicasmith.fitness/
Will this work on Chrome? I don't use Safari as my browser.

Thanks.

Ann
nevertoolate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-23, 11:02 PM  
Leonana

LeslieM, thanks for posting. I find Jessica's app to be a lot easier to navigate than the Purple Media App.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevertoolate View Post

Thanks.

Ann
I think it requires Safari. I made an app for VF on Chrome, but when I click on the VF App, it accesses the website through Safari.
Old 05-26-23, 10:35 AM  
bjones

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevertoolate View Post

Thanks.

Ann
It should work on any browser since Jess is simply directing you to her website. Its not an apple store app.
bjones is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
jessica smith, jessica smith streaming