Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 02-22-23, 08:48 AM  
angie_nrs

Phase 1 done

Yesterday I finished up Phase 1. It took longer than a week due to a busy schedule and a definite need to put in some extra rest days. This routine is literally beating me up! I finished doing w/o 4 yesterday for the 4th time and it feels good to be done with it. I had to PUSH hard to get this phase done. So, phase 2 is probably not going to happen.

So far, here's what I liked:

I like some of the new moves. In w/o 4, the last move which Jill calls dolphins is great. It looks like this move will eventually morph into a dive bomber, but I like that it is on the forearms instead of the regular plank position. There's some other unique moves too, but this is just the one that comes to mind.

I like that these w/o are just over 30 minutes and then done. Unlike Body Revolution, I would not even consider doubling up on these workouts. When I'm done.....I'm seriously done.

The music is not bad. There's only one time I even noticed it b/c it reminded me of a tune on one of Cathe's workouts. Ususally I don't even notice the music though. I'm too busy sweating and trying to get to the end of the w/o.

Here's the ugly:

These are seriously HARD! That means there IS most definitely a dread factor. It reminds me a bit of Insanity.....like a once done and that's enough thing. Although, I doubt I will get through JMBS even once.

I kinda wish there was a somewhat lesser fit person on set. The person doing the modifications was super fit and often times even forgot to modify. I guess it just would've made me feel a little better seeing someone else on set struggle a little bit. LOL! None of them had an ounce of fat on them. This usually doesn't bother me, but this time it just made me feel out of my league.

Thus far, I have reshaped my body. My legs are leaner, my arms feel more defined, and my waist is not as fluffy, which I'm truly grateful for. However, I hurt.... a lot. My hips seem like they are always sore. Even though it is DOMS, it feels like a chronic type of hurt (like arthritis), which I am not fond of. It's making it hard to get a good night's sleep b/c when I roll to the side I'm grunting in pain. I also had a sore shoulder and the arches of my feet were sometimes yelling at me too. I do like some occasional DOMS, but this was a bit too much for too long.

I took 3 days off over the weekend and the pain went away and I got a glorious night's sleep. I needed that. In addition, I didn't lose any weight, and at this time of year, I really need to shed some, so I'm going to move on to something else. I think doing this set as a rotation put me in the 'over training' category, so I'm going to have to look at modifying the rotation for my body.

My stupid pride made me feel like a slave to these workouts. I wanted to put a checkmark by the 'finished JMBS' box and I've decided I'm not up to that task at the moment. I WILL try all of these workouts and I will pull them out the next time I feel like I need a butt whooping, but I just can't force myself to finish it as written right now. I think maybe I'll try them as a week or two of torture and then try something else and then come back to it.....perhaps cut it down to 2 week rotations until I get to the end. Maybe then I can shed weight while toning up the body at the same time. I just need a break from it right now b/c it's not meeting my current goals. Also, I can't tell you how much I'm looking forward to doing a different (not JMBS) workout today!

Again for those of you who completed this monster as written. My hats off to you! You are a warrior.

Tags
body revolution, body shred, check-in, jillian, jillian michaels