Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-19-23, 02:28 PM  
F1mom

Glad you enjoyed your workout.

I have a few DVDs left, but mostly as part of other sets like my Project You. Otherwise it's all streaming.

That might change since I got a DVD player for Christmas and I'm buying DVDs again because I'm tired of paying for subscriptions I don't use.
F1mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-23, 04:20 PM  
FirmDancer
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by F1mom View Post

That might change since I got a DVD player for Christmas and I'm buying DVDs again because I'm tired of paying for subscriptions I don't use.
Which one did you get and how do you like it? Mine is several years ago, acts wonky, and am thinking of treating myself to a new one.
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!” -- Hunter S. Thompson

Current Rotations:
JSmith: STRENGTHEN
ManFlowYoga: morning sessions & Strength Foundations
YogaGlo & MFML: easy, morning classes
FirmDancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-23, 05:19 PM  
Izzy

Mostly, if I do yoga at home it's DVD's. I use Dean Pohlman and Kent Katich, occasionally Eoin Fynn, Travis and Jane Adams. Occasionally I will do YT if I want a short practice. I just don't want to waste time scrolling through the options even if I save them.
Old 01-19-23, 07:11 PM  
Karla25

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherry7899 View Post
I have been using you tube for yoga for a very long time. I decided to pull out one of my very long neglected dvds this morning. I did the first practice on Yoga Zone's "total body conditioning." I enjoyed it. I think I will do practice 2 tomorrow. I may continue with my dvds and take a you tube break.

Does anyone else use dvds for yoga anymore, or is it all you tube and paid streaming sites?
I love that workout too! I haven't done it in a while, so need to revisit it. I used to do it and other Yoga Zone workouts regularly.

I'm old school and prefer to use DVDS. Although it's mainly because I have a laptop in my exercise room and don't like the commercials. My DVD player is hooked up to an old (but huge) T.V. so I can see the exercises better.
Old 01-21-23, 09:48 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherry7899 View Post
Pam, I had posted asking if anyone had yin or restorative practices they found online (just a list of asanas). I do not like using books because they don't lie flat. Do you have any suggestions for sources? Thank you.
Hi Sherry. When I taught yoga, I used Sage Rountree’s book The Athlete’s Pocket Guide to Yoga for inspiration. There is a spiral bound version so it stays open. It has a variety of practices including restorative. No yin though.

https://www.amazon.com/Athletes-Pock...4355620&sr=8-1

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-23, 10:02 PM  
Leonana

I’m not old school, I prefer YouTube or my Jessica Smith All Access Pass. Although, I’ve only tried Rodney Yee and Element yoga dvds. I like newer workouts. But I didn’t start working out at home until 2013, so don’t have the nostalgia.
Old 01-21-23, 10:38 PM  
sherry7899

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogapam View Post
Hi Sherry. When I taught yoga, I used Sage Rountree’s book The Athlete’s Pocket Guide to Yoga for inspiration. There is a spiral bound version so it stays open. It has a variety of practices including restorative. No yin though.

https://www.amazon.com/Athletes-Pock...4355620&sr=8-1
Thank you Pam!

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-23, 01:06 PM  
angie_nrs

I just started putting Yoga back into my routine. I feel like the older I get, the more I need to work on flexibility and slower moves that challenge the muscles in a different way.

I'm kind of a newbie to Yoga so I usually just go with Cathe or P90X. I have Ultimate Yogi, but those DVD's are so long and I have a bit of dread with those too, so they sit there. I just got a couple of DDP Yoga DVD's, but as I go through them, I'm finding that they are all very similar to each other. So, with all the talk on this thread about the Yoga Zone DVD's I'll have to give those a try. They are very reasonable in price on ebay.

I still do DVD's b/c my internet is not good and I really don't like wasting time trying to figure out which routine to do. My DVD library has LOTS and LOTS to choose from (aside from Yoga) so if I ever lost my internet for a long period of time it sure wouldn't affect my workout routine.

Tags
yoga, yoga zone