Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 03-29-22, 04:32 PM  
susan p
VF Supporter

Debra Atkinson 's Get Stronger program

Has anyone done Debra Atkinson's Get Stronger program? I believe it is 12 weeks and she opens it up a few times a year. It is $197 and is currently open for registration until Thursday March 31 and the program starts April 1.

Debra, if you are unfamiliar, is the "Flipping Fifty" lady.

Anyone have any thoughts about her program?
susan p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-22, 04:53 PM  
Jane P.
VF Supporter

If I could stick to the same program for 12 week I might consider it, but I just don't like to be locked into something for that length of time. Kudos to anyone who can do it.
Old 03-29-22, 05:46 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

I've tagged this thread so you can read about Debra's Flippin' 50 program. Is this program different from that?

Carol
txhsmom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-22, 06:10 PM  
susan p
VF Supporter

Stronger is her 12 week strength program. Flipping Fifty is her brand. Since I will be just a week post-pacemaker implant on 4-1, I'd probably have to modify too much for it to be worth it to me right now. I can't lift my left arm above my head or behind my back for 8 weeks.

Sigh. A girl can dream.

In terestingky, in one of those past threads the price was $97. Now it is $197. Inflation bites again!
susan p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-22, 10:12 PM  
Demeris

I don't know anything about her Get Stronger program, but I do remember when Flipping 50 hit this forum. I looked at all the stuff she had up on YouTube, and I even got her kindle book (which had nothing in it I hadn't already found on the internet).

From her YouTube videos, I knew I would probably have to modify quite a bit because of my bad knee.
Demeris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-22, 01:44 PM  
Susan H
VF Supporter

Have you looked at Lift With Cee? I've had to restart again and have been doing her beginner series for several weeks now. I think I'll try out her Push/Pull Legs or her Muscle Over 40 workout plan next. They are strength based, with 45 second rests between sets.

“Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up" —Thomas Edison

“Just because you’re not sick doesn’t mean you’re healthy.” — Author Unknown
Susan H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-22, 04:27 PM  
ealakey
VF Supporter

I've completed some of Debra's programs and really didn't like the platform. I'm trying to remember why! It may be the forms that had to be filled out before participating. It felt a little invasive to me. Recently, I have been working out to Lift with Cee, or maybe it's Move with Cee now and other than Cathe, have enjoyed her the best. The workouts are solid and strength-based, which is what I appreciate, so you would need to do your own cardio. I am mixing in the Bar Method and some of the older barre3 videos with them.

Beth
ealakey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-22, 05:12 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

Another one fairly new to Lift with Cee, but I really like what I've done so far. And you can't beat the price.....
Old 03-30-22, 05:53 PM  
ealakey
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bee View Post
Another one fairly new to Lift with Cee, but I really like what I've done so far. And you can't beat the price.....
I've been working out to her for some time now. I'm starting to firm back up and have lost inches as well. I also like to pull in some of the traditional barre workouts to work the muscles a little differently. Last night I did Bar Method Change Your Body after not doing that one in a long time and those pretzels got to me! I was feeling them this morning. I also like the older videos from barre3 with Candace and Sadie. That reminds me, I should check out what Suzanne Bowen has going on. I saw something come through email.

Beth
ealakey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-22, 09:18 AM  
Gale K.
VF Supporter

I'm just starting the Get Stronger program. My intention is to build back some of the muscle mass I've lost in the past few years. Starting off, it is two weight workouts per week and on other days non-strenuous activity that you enjoy such as walking, yoga, etc. I feel like this is doable for me right now!

The winds of grace are blowing all the time--all we need to do is raise our sails.
-Rama Krishna, as quoted by Baron Baptiste
Gale K. is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bar method, barre3, debra atkinson, flipping 50, pretzel, suzanne bowen