Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 06-20-20, 12:10 PM  
Gams

What is your least dreaded strength workout?

If cardio and strength training produced the same results, I would rarely reach for a strength training DVD. I mostly do KCM for strength with some Jessica Smith and a smattering of others. On my strength days when I’m not really in the mood, I reach for KCM Trim & Tone. It’s quick - just 24 minutes and I like the different exercises. Tell me your favorite strength workout - maybe I can find another one with little dread factor.
Gams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-20, 12:19 PM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

I like KCM's strength work too. I don't know that I can pick a favorite, but if you're looking for short, I like the Fast Track premix on Body Shop, it's 17 minutes and all compound moves, which I like. There's also a premix on Powersculpting that's 24 minutes I think. I think her Your Best Body dvd is one of my favorites of hers. I prefer weight work to cardio though.

Margaret Richard has many shorter, no dread weight workouts IMO. Her Body Electric workouts from her tv show are all around 23 minutes. Not total body but you can string a few together if you're in the mood to go longer or do one every other day and cover all the muscle groups in a week I'm sure.
summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-20, 12:30 PM  
alisoncooks

I'm the opposite! I'd do strength any day over cardio! (And I do, haha)

I like:
the strength workouts from KCM's Cardio Pump and Strong & Lean (not super repetitive like many KCM)
10 Minutes Solution Target Toning
Jari Love Weights & Abs from Body Rock/Lean Machine

And then I have various things I put together to make complete workouts. I really like Patricia Friberg's Bottom Line for lower body, as well as other 10 MS dvds.
alisoncooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-20, 12:37 PM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

When I'm dreading strength, I do workouts where I do strength moves while doing cardio moves. I just did one today, Jessica Smith's Sole Sculpt YouTube workout. Or, I do circuit workouts. Some of my favorites include:

KCM Cardio Pump
KCM Your Best Body
Angie Miller's Crave Results
Cathe's Travel Fit
Lynn Hahns' Kickox & Burn
Mindy Mylrea's Med Ball Madness
Christi Taylor's Fit to Dance
Athletic Step Jam by Sharon Twombly (I have done it on the floor)
Slim Body Fitness by Stephanie Levinson

Good luck finding something you like.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Something is better than nothing
The best workout is the one you will DO
Laura S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-20, 01:32 PM  
Demeris

Margaret Richards' Getting Better
Demeris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-20, 01:32 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

10MS Target Toning with Cindy Whitmarsh
The Firm Super Body Sculpt with Stephanie Huckabee (under Stephanie Corley) - get the yellow cover which is chaptered
Jari Love Get Ripped - her very first video
Kathy Smith Timesaver Lift Weights to Lose Weight - 1998: people complain about her hooting, but i like this video. has Michael Carson in it.

i also like Joyce Vedral - her later videos that she does with daughter Martha might be better to start with. Joyce gets a lot done quickly.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-20, 01:37 PM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demeris View Post
Margaret Richards' Getting Better
This one. Much of it is done lying on the floor. I can go light or heavier. If I'm tired, I'll use as low as 2-3lbs.

If one goes with heavier weights there will be crying!

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-20, 03:17 PM  
kristiep

KCM Body Shop - love this one!
KCM Your Best Body
Cathe PHAs (do PHAs count as strength?)
FIRM Bust & Butt
FIRM Tough Tape 2
FIRM Super Sculpting
Jillian No More Trouble Zones - chaptered so you can split it up to make it shorter
kristiep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-20, 04:46 PM  
wendug

Quote:
Originally Posted by bzar View Post
Kathy Smith Timesaver Lift Weights to Lose Weight - 1998: people complain about her hooting, but i like this video. has Michael Carson in it.
I think this is on Kathy's The Rules of Fat Burning DVD. I haven't done this DVD in years; I'll have to revisit it soon.
Old 06-20-20, 06:33 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendug View Post
I think this is on Kathy's The Rules of Fat Burning DVD. I haven't done this DVD in years; I'll have to revisit it soon.
that's right - i forgot about that. RoFB just lacks the ab routine around 7 min. but i think you can do your own ab routine for 7 min.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
favorite kcm, favorite strength workout, no dread factor, strength workouts