Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 01-22-19, 03:56 PM  
kat999

This is a timely thread. I currently have the use of a spare bedroom that makes for a perfect home gym, plenty of room for multiple pieces of equipment, ceiling fan, space for the TV and my workout collection. We even bought this house specifically because we could have a dedicated gym and home office. However, as DH and I have gotten older, we find that the house is too big and maintenance is too prohibitive, and we want to downsize to something like a loft or a condo. However, when we were first married and had to make do with a two-bedroom apartment (largeish, but still), we were crowded on top of each other and I had no gym room and basically used the complex's workout facility, letting my extensive video collection gather dust. I'm trying to figure out a nice compromise with either a big enough living or bedroom that I could just work out in there (creatively concealing my gym equipment when not in use), or sharing space with a second bedroom doubling as a gym and office. As we both work from home several days a week, though, the office really needs to be a place of quiet most of the day. So frustrating, and I'm not sure what to do.
Old 01-22-19, 04:01 PM  
sherry7899

Lori, I totally get it. I lost my workout area in the finished basement when my husband started working from home (thrilled otherwise because his commute was horrible). He was starting work really early, so working out before he needed the space was not possible. I really hope you can figure something out.

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-19, 07:40 PM  
Lori_Michigan

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherry7899 View Post
Lori, I totally get it. I lost my workout area in the finished basement when my husband started working from home (thrilled otherwise because his commute was horrible). He was starting work really early, so working out before he needed the space was not possible. I really hope you can figure something out.
Thanks, Sherry, glad to know I'm not the only one! We have the same situation with the exact same problem! This is really going to drive me crazy. I've been all set up in my workout area for years and now it's screwed up... argh!!
Lori_Michigan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
exercise room, workout rooms, workout space