Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-26-17, 02:21 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Garrie, YBB is one of my favorite KCMs! I just did it today. I like the options for doing core rests or cardio rests, and there are other good premixes as well.

FWIW (and I may be the lone dissenter! ), I got rid of LBC. I thought I would love it b/c I thought it would be a great way to incorporate my recumbent bike, but I found the cardio intervals boring b/c they were so unvaried.

I liked BS, but I wound up not keep that either, mainly because I found it pretty similar in overall style to YBB, but I liked the latter better.

I also do really love Strength & Stamina and agree that it's very versatile. Sam does the kettlebell portions w/o a kettlebell (and that's how I first started with kettlebell workouts), so I don't think that would be an issue for you.

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-17, 02:33 PM  
carly

Garrie, Kelly said on her websites q&a forum that she plans on having her annual New Years Day Sale and hopes to launch her new Vimeo Channel on the same day. Last year the sale was $10 a DVD and free shipping on 3 or more.
carly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-17, 02:34 PM  
gjv

Garrie, do you still have a trade list up? I might be interested in trading something with you for her newest set.

Let me know if you'd like those!
Old 12-26-17, 02:54 PM  
nevertoolate

Body Shop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garrie A. View Post
This year was my discovery of Kelly Coffey-Meyer, and I can't believe I'm late to the party!...

I'm looking at the following, all from the 30 Minutes series:...

-Body Shop

Thanks in advance!
Garrie A: I have Body Shop if you want it. I'd just need $3 postage via Amazon gift card. PM me if you're interested.

Ann
nevertoolate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-17, 03:36 PM  
Garrie A.

Ok, I'm adding Strength & Stamina to my "to-buy" list. Y'all had me at the bonus step workout. (I step.) When Kelly has her New Year's sale, I think I've made my decisions:
-Your Best Body
-Lean Body Circuits
-Strength & Stamina

(Later on next year, Bootcamp, TLC, and potentially Build & Burn. I still have to get a couple Firms on DVD to replace my VHS tapes )

Gayle, I do have a trade list up, but I'm not currently looking for her newest. I mainly have Gilad, Tim Culwell, a couple Firms, a couple Cathes, and one KCM (Bootcamp) on my wishlist. Thanks for your generosity though.

Ann, I'll gladly take Body Shop off your hands. I'll PM you and send the postage when I get home from Zumba tonight.

Karen, I forgot about TLC! I might get that one later.

Thanks Liz, Beth, and everyone else for your thoughts!
--------------------------------------------------------
CLX 6/19-9/19
STS Grad 11/19-2/20, 9/20-12/20

Current Focus:
Cathe STS 2.0

Check out my blog by clicking on the "Home Page" link under my profile name.
Garrie A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-17, 04:00 PM  
nevertoolate

Total Body Kickbox

Garrie,

Are you interested in Total Body Kickbox? https://www.totalfitnessdvds.com/30-...-Kel-p/566.htm I can give you that one as well as Body Shop. I'll have to calculate the postage to ship both of them. PM me later to let me know.

(Nothing wrong with either of these. I'm just trying to reduce my stores of dvds.)

Ann
nevertoolate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-17, 04:10 PM  
sherry7899

VF members are so generous

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-17, 04:45 PM  
marki64

If you like step workouts, her Cardio Blast has a fun Step routine and there is a pre mix that mixes in blasts from the cardio workout. I love Ready Step Go. That is a fun step workout. Kelly's best, imo.
marki64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-17, 06:58 PM  
Dorothy J
VF Supporter

Quote:
Ok, I'm adding Strength & Stamina to my "to-buy" list. Y'all had me at the bonus step workout. (I step.) When Kelly has her New Year's sale, I think I've made my decisions:
-Your Best Body
-Lean Body Circuits
-Strength & Stamina
Garrie, I think you'll be very happy with your choices!

"You want to go into life feeling great, feeling strong, and as you get older, feeling even stronger!" Gin Miller
Dorothy J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-17, 07:39 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Quote:

I'm looking at the following, all from the 30 Minutes series:
-Your Best Body
-Bootcamp
-Lean Body Circuits
-Body Shop

I've already decided I want Your Best Body, but would like at least one or two more on my list. In particular, Lean Body Circuits and Body Shop are catching my eye. What are your opinions on those three (I'm already planning on getting YBB)? Or, from the ones I have so far and enjoy, are there any others you think I would like?

Thanks in advance!
i have all but bootcamp. oddly, i found bootcamp at Goodwill and was very turned off by it. i traded it. i was skiddish about trying any new Kellys after that experience.

a year later, i found NYC at a library book sale. i was SOLD on kelly! a few others came my way at the thrift store. i was on a hunt for KCM and acquired many after studying VFer's favorites.

essentially, these had high votes, and after acquiring the ones that focused on weights i could understand why (ranked from highest to lowest at the time i tallied the results):

TLC
Cardio Blast
Muscle Definition
Split Sessions
Circuit Burn
Weights
L.I.F.T.
Bootcamp
Trim Down
Home Gym Intervals
StepBoxing (the 30MTF one as opposed to Step-Boxing workout)
Muscle Up/Lift 2B Fit
NYC
Total Body Kickbox
Body Training - this one is usually mentioned when people ask for body-weight only workouts - so i acquired it and like it

i was more interested in her weights workouts, so i focused on acquiring those. the ones that have cardio and weights usually have a weights-only premix, which is the beauty of Kelly's workouts.

later on, i acquired these (mostly for the weights portions):
YBB
Body Shop
Plateau Buster
Shape of Things to Come (not 30MTF but excellent)
Lean Body Circuits
Slim Sculpting
Start Here
Strength & Stamina
Trim Down

she's going to have a new year's sale, and if you buy 4, you get free shipping.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
favorite kcm