Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 05-07-17, 11:30 AM  
Taiga

Jari Love's Get Ripped in 6 or Get Ripped Express?

I'm in the mood to add some high rep work. Does any one have favorites as far as the newer Jari's? What sets them apart?
Old 05-08-17, 07:53 AM  
bubbles76

I don't know the answer, but would like to Bumping up for you. I have all but one of Jari's older workouts, and neither of the two newest. Was wondering if they are worth acquiring, but would only like to get one if I do.
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-17, 10:37 AM  
Taiga

Collage is having a 15% off sale (code:lala) which makes it about $37 for both. But I have noticed in the past that Jari can do a lot of recycling of moves without adding anything to freshen it up or add a new twist. So I figure just one (for the brighter set) will be enough. I'm leaning toward the latest one.

Of course that falls just below the free shipping threshold then so I need to add a cheapie. I have a few in mind so can probably get away with $27 total. It's a vidiot conspiracy that sales always cost more
Old 05-08-17, 11:59 AM  
bubbles76

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taiga View Post
It's a vidiot conspiracy that sales always cost more
So true lol!
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
Old 05-08-17, 01:31 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

quite often, I can buy the same DVD used/new from amazon, half.com or ebay for about the same price including shipping, without having to "spend extra to save money" LOL.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-17, 11:16 AM  
Taiga

Quote:
Originally Posted by bzar View Post
quite often, I can buy the same DVD used/new from amazon, half.com or ebay for about the same price including shipping, without having to "spend extra to save money" LOL.
I always look for that first but newer releases are rarely available. I still haven't pulled the trigger but probably will soon (busy with company lately).
Old 05-14-17, 08:35 PM  
AnMrsDe

I only tried Jari's Express workout, so I'll post a review here. When I try her Get Ripped in 6, I'll post a review later.

JARI'S GET RIPPED EXPRESS WORKOUT
Workout #1 (32 min.):
W/U
Spiders/Push-ups
Straight Leg Deadlift w/ Bicep Curls
Wide Squats w/ Concentration Curls
Squats w/ Horizontal Row
C/D

Workout #2 (32 min.): Uses a step (but Jari modifies without one)
W/U
Squats & Reverse Lunges w/ Hammer Curls
Tricep Push-ups w/ Leg Extension & Tricep Kickbacks
Basic Step w/ Shoulder Press
Side Squats w/ Lateral Raise
Chest Press & Chest Fly
Crunches
C/D

The music is typical Jari music...there is a James Bond themed music track in w/o 1. Same sucky song in both cool-downs. The exercises are mostly all compound moves that use weights. A barbell is not used in either workout.

I did both workouts in one session and got a nice 325 calorie burn. I used 8#, 10#, and 12# weights. Workout #1 is squat heavy; the first track is push-ups (boo) which I didn't like right out of the gate.

Two backgrounders cue at times and the sound gets low in places, but Jari mostly cues in both workouts.

The premix options are:
Complete Workout (#1 + #2 together)
Workout #1
Workout #2
Chapters
Main Menu (I believe...but doing this from memory).

No music off option. The set is very bright and plain; a lot brighter than some of her previous sets.

I really enjoyed these workouts, maybe liking Workout 2 a little better. I can get into a "zen-like" state with Jari's workouts and could also with this workout. It has a count-down bar at the bottom of the screen to show how soon the track will be over which I liked. I think I will really like the 32 min. time frame when short on time, since they both are total body. (There is no just Upper or just Lower body premix option, however).
AnMrsDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-17, 02:52 PM  
AnMrsDe

JARI'S GET RIPPED IN 6 MINUTES WORKOUT

2 DVD set (which could have easily been contained to 1 dvd)

Disc 1:

Introduction
Complete Workout (60 min.)
The Unhealthy Epidemic
Chapters

Chapter 1: W/U
Chapter 2: Wide Squat, Upright Row & Pulse Squats
Chapter 3: Isometric Pulsing Rows & Front Raise Alternating Knee-Ups
Chapter 4: Curtsy Lunge On Step & Back Elevator Rows With Side Squat
Chapter 5: Tricep Kickbacks with L-Steps & Hammer Curls with L-Steps
Chapter 6: Shoulder Press with Side Squats and Straight Leg Deadlifts with Horizontal Rows
Chapter 7: Chest Press Tricep Skull Crushers
Chapter 8: Push-Ups & Side Planks (Backgrounder Cues)
Chapter 9: Alternating Bicycle Abs & Reverse Curls
Chapter 10: C/D

Total complete workout is 60 min. Each track is 6 min. with an active recovery exercise between exercises (which I was thankful for!). It includes all compound moves, working upper and lower body simultaneously. Jari doesn't give you much time between tracks to get equipment, take a quick drink of water, etc., so I missed a few reps. (Even Cathe allows for quick sips of water!) I'll have to remember to use the pause button. The whole workout is very squat oriented but I don't have a problem changing up squats with another lower body exercise. Same goes for shoulder work....very shoulder oriented like her other workouts, and I subbed some other exercises in their place. The second half of the workout uses a step for side steps, curtsy lunges, lunges, etc. I didn't use a step for this segment and some squats I replaced with knee ups. My HR was up practically the whole workout and I felt like I got a great workout even though my calorie burn was pretty low for 60 min.: 296 calories. I used 8's, 10's, and 12# weights. No barbell is used in this workout.

Disc 2:

30 Min. Workout 1 (Chapters 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 10)
30 Min. Workout 2 (Chapters 1, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10)
20 Min. Workout 1 (Chapters 1, 2, 3, 4, 10)
20 Min. Workout 2 (Chapters 1, 5, 6, 7, 10)
20 Min. Workout 3 (Chapters 1, 7, 8, 9, 10)
FYI: can't use "next button" since it will take you back to menu...can only fast forward to get to next chapter. (Maybe this is just my dvd player, so YMMV).

If I had to choose between these two new dvd's of Jari's, I would probably go with the Get Ripped in 6, as I found it to be a little more challenging than her Express and it includes more premix options. (I didn't have a chance to view these premixes though). I think it may be the way she sequences and pairs the upper body with the lower body exercises that I found challenging. Couple that with little rest between tracks and heavier weights...I almost always used heavier weights than Jari did. Oh, and the music is a bit better in GR in 6, IMO.

I'm glad to have some new Jari workouts that are just weight workouts (with a cardio effect). Her previous ones that included lots of cardio with the weights sort of presented a dread factor for me at times.

HTH!
Old 05-22-17, 10:11 AM  
AnMrsDe

Would a VF supporter please tag this thread so I can find it easily for my reviews? Thanks so much!
Old 05-22-17, 10:31 AM  
bubbles76

Tagged

Tags
get ripped express, get ripped in 6, jari love