Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 12-25-15, 10:49 AM  
toomuchjoy

Dedicated workout room?

So we have a small office room that we haven't done anything with. I'm thinking of making it a workout room but it's really small. I don't know the measurements offhand but the length is maybe 3 grapevines (hahaha).

I typically workout in the family room but have to first pick up and then push part of the sectional away. I workout in am so this cuts into workout time. I wonder if having a dedicated but small space would better.

Other cons to room is that it's on the second floor near bedrooms.

Thoughts?
toomuchjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-15, 11:27 AM  
JustSandra

I say go for it! If there is a closet in the room that will help a lot with storage. If you have a flat-screen TV you can mount on a wall that will also free up some floor space.

I am very fortunate that I have an extra bedroom for my workout space, and I love it!

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." Hunter S. Thompson
JustSandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-15, 11:29 AM  
Kitten

I agree with Sandra!

I live in a very small house, so anywhere I workout I have to modify to account for the lack of space, so go for it!
Kitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-15, 11:56 AM  
Mopsy
VF Supporter

My first thought was "Why not? Of course you need a dedicated workout area!" But then I realized I don't know what kind of workouts you do. Do you have a lot of freestanding equipment that may further cut into the space? I sometimes find it more frustrating to not be able to do the full move.

I use my small spare bedroom as my yoga room. I don't need lots of space. I keep the props in a box (or try to). The weights, step, and bike are in a finished area of the basement.

So I guess it depends on just how small the room is, and what kind of workouts you want to do. I hope you can work it out because it's really nice not having to put your stuff away.
Old 12-25-15, 01:13 PM  
Gale K.
VF Supporter

Three grapevines seems like a reasonable space, but I agree, it depends on the kind of workouts you do. For example, Cathe step workouts take quite a bit of space, but kettlebells and yoga (my primary workouts) take very little space. I have a spare bedroom that is dedicated to my exercise. If it will work for you, go for it!

The winds of grace are blowing all the time--all we need to do is raise our sails.
-Rama Krishna, as quoted by Baron Baptiste
Gale K. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-15, 01:13 PM  
toomuchjoy

I don't have a lot of equipment. Some weights that's it. The space would be good for weight videos and barre. I might struggle with space for kickboxing and cardio. I guess I could try it out.

Thanks!
toomuchjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-15, 02:17 PM  
Kitten

Quote:
Originally Posted by toomuchjoy View Post
I don't have a lot of equipment. Some weights that's it. The space would be good for weight videos and barre. I might struggle with space for kickboxing and cardio. I guess I could try it out.

Thanks!
When I kickbox I turn 90° so my right side is facing the tv. I don't exactly know the makeup of your room, obviously, so I'm unsure if it'll work for you.
Kitten is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
workout space