Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 06-23-15, 07:34 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharM View Post
It looks like the strength parts are basic in WO 2, except the kneeling reach - pull part.
See caligurl's breakdown
http://www.videofitness.com/~vfwnk/f...d.php?t=180788
Char, I agree, that one move is a bit different. I kind of like it, but as I noted, I like Kelly's little twists. You could easily sub something for just this move though.

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-15, 09:57 PM  
smith938
VF Supporter

hmm I enjoy some of her workouts- lean body circuits hasn't totally grabbed me yet but I usually enjoy some of her compound moves though they may be tricky for your back. my go-to for hers has been circuit burn because I love the compound moves and the alternating boxing and cardio (has some high impact but lauren does pretty good modifying though I sometimes do a little of the high impact moves). I also like start here -s he uses light weights (5 lbs or less) for the cardiosculpting in the first workout and by itself that premxi is 20 min - the 2nd part I"ve only done once and that was combined with the first workout - I remember pushups and kelly being so 'nice' HA!

The problem I have wiht her workouts is when she does stuff bending to the floor and all that business- my lower back isnt' flexible- I prefer folllowing lauren - the other modifiers just arent' as motivating IMO - one actually looks downright bored I did a pyramid mix on CArdio Pump and remember liking it ibut know I modified but cant' remember the details. I also tried split sessions one time and did a combined routine premix that was about 30 min - I didn't care for all the lower body stuff but thought I might try just theupper body part (she did have a bench on an incline) can't remember if the legs got fancy or not but I remember thm being a lot - heavy weight lower body. you might check out some preview clips of that one - there are premixes that mix both upper and lower and I don't recall them being super fancy - deadlifts It hink and lunge stuff
Old 06-23-15, 11:16 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

LOL--I got rid of Split Sessions b/c I liked the Lower Body work but not really the upper.

I think one of the reasons I haven't been that attracted to Kelly's newer workouts is because of the setting. I know she was really excited to be using Cathe's studio, but I've never liked the looks of it. I LOVE Kelly's workouts that are filmed in the studio with the real windows; I wish she had been able to stay with that one.

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-15, 03:07 AM  
smith938
VF Supporter

Beth the mix I did on split sessions seemed neverending lower body LOL - may not like theupper body either. but I don't like standing legs- I prefer Margaret Richard's floor legs I don't like Kelly's new stuff much- music is meh and I can't stand the new modifiers. the one in lean body circuits looks plain bored and her modifications weren't much help. My faves of hers have been Weights (coworker has this one so been a long time since I"ve done it), circuit burn(a fave!), start here and I liked body shop and cardio pump seems like (the mix with the pyramid stuff)
Old 06-24-15, 04:59 AM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

i didn't like kelly at first - having tried and traded bootcamp.

i recently found nyc at the local library book sale. wow - i really like this video. any more like this?

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-15, 08:57 AM  
alisoncooks

Thanks for all the feedback!

I actually ended up going a whole 'nother direction. The kids have been in VBS every morning this week, so I took advantage of it and spent some time researching (obsessing?) over the choices. After watching lots of clips, I ended up buying..... SLIM SCULPTING.

LOL, totally not what I started out wanting, but the more I looked at the clips, the more I liked what I saw. We have a ton of KBs, and I hate snatches and cleans, so KCM's description of the workout seemed perfect to me!

Thanks again for taking the time to give your thoughts on these workouts. Cardio Pump is still on my "interested" list...but I think I'll wait for the price to drop a bit.
alisoncooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-15, 09:16 AM  
BunnyHop

Quote:
Originally Posted by bzar View Post
... i recently found nyc at the local library book sale. wow - i really like this video. any more like this?
There's a premix actually labeled as NYC 2, in Muscle Definition. 85 minutes long.
Old 06-24-15, 10:41 AM  
antbuko

Quote:
Originally Posted by bzar View Post
i didn't like kelly at first - having tried and traded bootcamp.

i recently found nyc at the local library book sale. wow - i really like this video. any more like this?
That's my favorite! I haven't acquired anymore of Kelly's workouts recently but none in my collection compare that.
Old 06-24-15, 10:45 AM  
antbuko

Quote:
Originally Posted by alisoncooks View Post
Thanks for all the feedback!

I actually ended up going a whole 'nother direction. The kids have been in VBS every morning this week, so I took advantage of it and spent some time researching (obsessing?) over the choices. After watching lots of clips, I ended up buying..... SLIM SCULPTING.

LOL, totally not what I started out wanting, but the more I looked at the clips, the more I liked what I saw. We have a ton of KBs, and I hate snatches and cleans, so KCM's description of the workout seemed perfect to me!

Thanks again for taking the time to give your thoughts on these workouts. Cardio Pump is still on my "interested" list...but I think I'll wait for the price to drop a bit.
Oh, SLIM SCULPTING looks good! But it makes me think, hmm, which other DVD should I get with it, lol. Why must I always have more than one?
Old 06-24-15, 12:41 PM  
BunnyHop

I'm glad you figured out what you really wanted. It can be hard to do sometimes.

Tags
favorite kcm, kelly coffey-meyer