Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 08-09-13, 10:01 AM  
sbh

Small workout spaces and pets

I almost finished Jessica Smith's Dance Stretch this morning. I could have done the whole workout but something was amiss this morning in my small 4X4 workout space. My DH was up first this morning and told me that our dog Sadie had gotten sick last night and threw up on the carpet in the living room. Lucky for me, he was up first this morning and got to clean it up. About 3/4th of the way into the workout, we went to the floor to continue. Nice deep breath in....OMG, what is that smell???? OK, well maybe I can stick it out and just breath through my mouth. That didn't work either!!! So I had to switch workouts and do the clean the carpet workout. I can't workout in any other room because my computer and tv are in the living room. I hope my dog is feeling better because later this afternoon we have to take a trip up the hill (winding roads) and she is going with us. I think Sadie had Peanut beat this morning!
sbh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-13, 10:09 AM  
alisoncooks

LOL! That's gross.
Nothing like pet puke to ruin a good workout!
Hope she makes it through the car ride!
alisoncooks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-13, 10:21 AM  
bethellen

Hope she's better!!
bethellen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-13, 11:39 AM  
LauraBella

Hope Sadie feels better, that your carpet stays clean.

Ask your vet about giving her something for the drive. My friends dosed their Bassett with Benadryll for road trips (per vet's instructions). Not sure how much, though; my Golden gets Benadryll daily and it never slows her down. So it must have been more. But I don't know what the safe dose is. Anywhoo, it's worth a call to the vet for suggestions.
Old 08-09-13, 01:02 PM  
Rivercat
VF Supporter

Aww, poor Sadie and poor you! I definitely feel your pain: both my cats are barfers so I sometimes have to position my mat at weird angles or watch my step to avoid a recent episode that's still drying.

A few weeks ago one of the cats developed a urinary tract infection and kept threatening to pee in a particular spot under an antique wooden horse that's right next to my tv cabinet, so I placed a small cat box there for her, which she now loves. Nothing like getting a few sun salutations into a relaxing evening yoga practice and suddenly realizing the box has just been used

~~~Inaugural Star Wars Half Marathon, Jan 2015~~~

"Work your own shovel" - John "The Penguin" Bingham
Rivercat is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dogs, workout space