Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 07-31-12, 02:23 PM  
nevertoolate

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitmiller View Post
Nevertoolate,

Click on "products" at the top of the RKS website page, and on the product page, click on "kettlebells", and you'll see it. The 12kg is $45.99 plus $19.95 shipping, but I used the code "FACEBOOKFAN10" which took $4.60 off so my grand total came to $61.34. It's supposed to come Friday by FedEx. I'll let you know how I like it. I couldn't find a 12kg competition bell cheaper than that anywhere else, except for Perform Better. They have a 50% off sale going on right now till the beginning of September, so I ordered the 10kg (20pound) competition bell. I think it came to $56.13 total. I love those in between sizes. They have a 14kg (30 pound) competition size too, but I don't think I'm ready for that one yet.
Thanks for the link and the info above. What a dillemma! What's the difference in technique required between the comp and the regular pro bell? Or in just how it feels? Any feedback on what you all like better? The bells are expensive, so I can't just willy nilly have two different sets. FWIW, my 20# is an Ader. I'm happy with it, but with all these comments about the comp bells, I don't know... Should I try a comp for my 25# or should I stick with the regular?

Ann
nevertoolate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-12, 03:36 PM  
caligurl

i, personally, like the "regular" bells better. while i absolutely LOVE LOVE LOVE the color or my gorgeous RKS pink bell.... for overall usage, i prefer the others.

first off, for everyday storage the variable sized (i.e. smaller) bells take up less room... i can get the same number/poundage of KBs in a smaller space due to the smaller ones taking up less room. that's a huge plus!

also... if you ever plan to get into double KB work, IMO it's much easier to work with the smaller bells. i just cannot imagine swinging 2 comp bells between my legs to do do a double swing, or double clean/clean and press! granted i'm shorter... maybe you taller, long-legged women might have more space... but for me it's all i can do to swing two regular sized bells!

one of the main things with comp bells is they say you learn one form for all weight bells... but i've never had a problem going from 4 to an 8 to 12 kg bell for any of the various moves....

(if i didn't already have a set of nice bells i'd think about gettin the ones that... i think it's debbie s has mentioned that have the indent in them for women! they look really, really nice! but they are spendy... especially on top of what i've already spent!!!!!)
it is NOT against the rules to say DIET on this forum!
-----
"VFers have a right to post negative opinions about an instructor,
and there is not a limit on the number of times they do so".
- WWWendy

-----
"...no matter how unpopular you perceive your opinion to be, we guarantee you
are not the only one here who holds that opinion, and you should feel free to express it."
- WWWendy via forum guidelines
caligurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-12, 04:10 PM  
fitmiller

So far, I just like the way the weight feels, as I don't feel like the bell is pulling on me so hard, even with the size of the bell. I also love the handle size, which is very comfortable, and the slightly more squarish shape of the handle. It's an added plus to me, that no matter what weight you purchase, the bell is always the same size.
fitmiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-12, 11:22 PM  
Yoyogirl72

Started!

I started RKS! Finally finished Skogg using a 15# kb and round 2 of Jillian's Body revolution. Did RKS 1 using my new PB 12kg kb. Have to say that workout went by surprisingly fast especially given that it was all swings. Really loved it! Felt like I should've added on another workout but I'm just going to go with the workout schedule and contine treadmill incline walking---my calves are huge from this! . My joints need a break from all the plyo.

Can't wait to use my rks pink kb for the other rks workouts. It's much prettier than the perform better bells. Also have a 16 kg pb bell waiting in the wings. Can't believe how much stuff I've bought after joining VF and especially after reading that huge rks thread! Bunch of enablers---the lot of you! But I soooo appreciate each and every post.
Yoyogirl72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-12, 12:20 AM  
nevertoolate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoyogirl72 View Post
I started RKS! Finally finished Skogg using a 15# kb and round 2 of Jillian's Body revolution. Did RKS 1 using my new PB 12kg kb. Have to say that workout went by surprisingly fast especially given that it was all swings. Really loved it! Felt like I should've added on another workout but I'm just going to go with the workout schedule and contine treadmill incline walking---my calves are huge from this! . My joints need a break from all the plyo.

Can't wait to use my rks pink kb for the other rks workouts. It's much prettier than the perform better bells. Also have a 16 kg pb bell waiting in the wings. Can't believe how much stuff I've bought after joining VF and especially after reading that huge rks thread! Bunch of enablers---the lot of you! But I soooo appreciate each and every post.
Yoyogirl,

Congrats for finishing Skogg and starting RKS. I'm looking to get a 16 kg next. I'm getting info on another thread, but still can't decide. The 16 kg PB bell you have waiting -- is that a regular style or a comp style? And the 12 kb PB you used, is that a regular or comp style? How do you like the Perform Better bell?

Thanks.

Ann
nevertoolate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-12, 03:28 AM  
Yoyogirl72

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevertoolate View Post
Yoyogirl,

Congrats for finishing Skogg and starting RKS. I'm looking to get a 16 kg next. I'm getting info on another thread, but still can't decide. The 16 kg PB bell you have waiting -- is that a regular style or a comp style? And the 12 kb PB you used, is that a regular or comp style? How do you like the Perform Better bell?

Thanks.

Ann

Hi Ann,

My 8, 12, and 16kg bells are competition style. Yesterday was my first time using the comp bell. I liked it for the swing workout. Haven't done the other moves with it yet though. It is huge compared to the regular bell but I think it's easy to adjust to. My 12 and 16 kg bells are from perform better. The paint is not as smooth or shiny as my rks pink 8 kg bell. The handle is also smoother on the rks bell. I think I'll buy some sand paper/ steel wool as was suggested on the other rks thread to smooth out the perform better handles. The handle shape and thickness are comparable. If the prices were the same I'd pick the rks bell just cause it's prettier . But at the time I bought them, perform better had a much better deal. The 16 kg bell from pb is more of an orange-yellow color. Oh yeah and my 12 kg bell from PB has something loose inside it that would bug me if I were to use it without any background music but I don't hear anything moving when the tv is on. For me it isn't enough of a problem to want to go lug it to ups for a return. Read on the other thread that same problem was in some of the rks bells too.
Yoyogirl72 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
reinhardt, reinhardt kb system, reinhardt kettlebell, rks