Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 04-05-12, 07:45 PM  
bee1forfitness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pie View Post
I just won a really cool RKS water bottle off Facebook!!! We had to give our best diet tip.........
Congrats Pie, I saw that contest on their Facebook, it is a really cool looking water bottle!, Don't keep it a secret what was the tip???
bee1forfitness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-12, 08:05 PM  
Pie
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bee1forfitness View Post
Congrats Pie, I saw that contest on their Facebook, it is a really cool looking water bottle!, Don't keep it a secret what was the tip???
LOL!!! It really is common knowledge for all of us VFers.....

My advice was to change your relationship with food because you can't out-exercise a bad diet.......

Results are not made in the Comfort Zone........ - Mike Karpenko
Pie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-12, 08:24 PM  
bee1forfitness

Quote:

My advice was to change your relationship with food because you can't out-exercise a bad diet.......
Yes Pie we VFers do know that....but it's a excellent tip it
bee1forfitness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-12, 08:45 PM  
suegy3

Quote:

Great tip and congrats!
suegy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-12, 10:59 AM  
mspina

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkpenguins View Post
Thanks Everyone!

You all have good points. I admit that I want my bells to be pretty. I just love the colors, and the blue one simply looks divine with it's shining silver handle. I know it shouldn't matter, but I am a very visual person and I keep walking into my workout area to look at them!

I think I will call them again tomorrow. If I get the same guy I will open up a ticket online. I'd be sad though if I send them back only to get two new ones that are also oxidized. I don't want to be without my bells for nothing.

DH thinks I'm being ridiculous. He says that steel bells will oxidize over time, so why bother exchanging them. UUGGHHH.

Thanks again for all your replies. I love RKS BTW!

--Jen
So why not try extra fine sandpaper or steel wool first? You could have pretty bells in about 1.5 minutes, rather than weeks of dealing with an exchange. And your DH is right - when they eventually oxidize again, then what will you do????

Random Stuff:
  • Spinervals Team Member Triathlon Coach
  • Avid CrossFitter
  • Former Triathlon Fanatic
  • 2008 Boston Marathon Finisher
  • Cast member in IronGirl StrEndurance workout (released 12/07)

mspina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-12, 03:58 PM  
lapis
VF Supporter

jkpenguins,

Did you end up returning your kettlebell for an exchange? I received one of my kettlebells today and unfortunately the handle had oxiodized and was scratchy feeling (I have been going back and forth with RKS customer service all week regarding even trying to get one of my kettlebells shipped, so I didn't even bother calling them or opening up a ticket as I was happy to just receive one of my orders.) I used a light-texture sandpaper pad and it did help alot (not completely as there are areas that look off, but still alot better than the ugly handle it had before.) My second kettlebell is due to arrive Monday and I hope that it does not have the same problem, but atleast I know that there is a quick fix.

ETA: I just finished sanding my handle with a thicker grade of sandpaper and I wanted to say that my handle looks brand new .... it took a few minutes and I am very pleased. I am so glad that I remembered this thread and the advice regarding using sandpaper .... thanks to everyone that recommended the sandpaper!!!!!
lapis is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
doug reinhardt, evan owens, evil enablers, kettlebell, owen evans, reinhardt, reinhardt kb system, rks, rks workout