Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-29-11, 11:25 AM  
juberann

Gotta agree with what has been said so far regarding Kelly Coffey-Meyer. By far my favorite instructor, doable, challaging workouts, TONS of premix options on almost all of her 30 MTF DVDs, minimal equipment, cardio that is easy to pick up, great music, bright sets, the BEST modifier in the business, Lauren. And Kelly is always coming out with new and fresh workouts.
I f I were to get rid of all my other exercise DVDs and just keep my Kelly's, they would be all I would ever need. I cannot recommend her enough
Old 11-29-11, 12:01 PM  
Lucky Star
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by juberann View Post
Gotta agree with what has been said so far regarding Kelly Coffey-Meyer. By far my favorite instructor, doable, challaging workouts, TONS of premix options on almost all of her 30 MTF DVDs, minimal equipment, cardio that is easy to pick up, great music, bright sets, the BEST modifier in the business, Lauren. And Kelly is always coming out with new and fresh workouts.
ITA, plus I Kelly's personality: fun & friendly, more athletic tomboyish than 'sexy-girly', encouraging but no 'baby talk' or appearance chatter.
Lucky Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-11, 12:35 PM  
karenl

Gee Thanks Guys

Thanks you so much for the responses. I think I've been talked into it. I really need something to get me back on the fitness wagon. Plus I am hoping getting active again will help with my arthritis and depression. I've been dealing with a lot of stress lately and really need to do something.

Again, thank you ladies...you all are really a wonderful bunch of people!!!

Karen
karenl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-11, 10:02 PM  
Tiny

Karen, I think Start Here is a perfect choice. I agree with everyone else about Kelly! She is REALLY AWESOME!

Here is what Kelly said on her forum about Start Here:

"This workout is precious to me! I am hoping it is useful to SO many people for SO many different reasons. Working out is a journey and no matter how long you have done it there are challenges all along the way. My hope for Start Here is that the value in it is truely valuable for SO many!"

I hope you get this one!

H.O.P.E.=Hold On Pain Ends
D.I.E.T.=Did I Eat That

"If I fall, I will get back up. If I am beaten, I will return."
"Strong is what happens when you run out of weak."
"As the New Year dawns we look back on a year of upheaval through the world and through our lives as well. Life is difficult. For those of us raised with the illusion that if we go to school, work hard, all will be well, that illusion dies hard."
Tiny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-11, 12:10 AM  
juberann

I agree, Lucky Kelly is no nonsense, none of that girly-girl, frilly talk, she's strong but feminine, in incredible shape but not scary skinny (although I think she looks smaller in these new three then she ever has but she says that is all due to Boxing). I was quite fond of Jari Love until her Get Extremely Ripped 1000 workout came out, that cover shot of Jari turned me off to her, she was sickly thin, I just can't relate to instructors like that. I know some are just naturally thin and have a hard time keeping the weight on but that cover photo of Jari was just shocking to me at the time
I love everything about Kelly, her style of workouts, her personality. I can actually follow her workouts, I just "click" with her
Old 12-02-11, 09:31 PM  
pedmom

I'm glad I did a search before I posted this exact same question Karen!

I too am wanting to get into some KCM's. I love Cathe and Tracie Long, and some Firms. Just recently got into kettlebell's. I just came off of Cathe's LIS rotation with GREAT results, but I'm ready for some variety.

My question is: for the 30 minute dvds, can you make them longer with the premixes?And are they "sensible" premixes, meaning they aren't just repetitious to make them longer? I need/want more than 30 minutes a day so that would be great.
Old 12-02-11, 10:10 PM  
caligurl

Quote:
Originally Posted by pedmom View Post
I'm glad I did a search before I posted this exact same question Karen!

I too am wanting to get into some KCM's. I love Cathe and Tracie Long, and some Firms. Just recently got into kettlebell's. I just came off of Cathe's LIS rotation with GREAT results, but I'm ready for some variety.

My question is: for the 30 minute dvds, can you make them longer with the premixes?And are they "sensible" premixes, meaning they aren't just repetitious to make them longer? I need/want more than 30 minutes a day so that would be great.
i do almost all of KCM's 30MTF workouts as hour + workouts.... i do both workouts in one session (i.e. both bootcamps, both kickbox, both weights, both TLC, etc....)

i'm not a premix person but i have read a LOT of posts about people using them.... the workouts are all great just doing one workout after the other to make an hour or a bit more if she includes a bonus core/abs or stretch!
it is NOT against the rules to say DIET on this forum!
-----
"VFers have a right to post negative opinions about an instructor,
and there is not a limit on the number of times they do so".
- WWWendy

-----
"...no matter how unpopular you perceive your opinion to be, we guarantee you
are not the only one here who holds that opinion, and you should feel free to express it."
- WWWendy via forum guidelines
caligurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-11, 10:29 PM  
pedmom

Well your little pink signature there says it all Cali, you "evil enabler" you!

Like I said, I LOVE Cathe's workouts, but I dont' want to burn out and need something new. Again. *sigh* Thank you!
Old 12-03-11, 11:12 PM  
caligurl

Quote:
Originally Posted by pedmom View Post
Well your little pink signature there says it all Cali, you "evil enabler" you!

Like I said, I LOVE Cathe's workouts, but I dont' want to burn out and need something new. Again. *sigh* Thank you!
lol! kelly's workouts really are fun! (i just did her 30MTF kickbox this morning!)
it is NOT against the rules to say DIET on this forum!
-----
"VFers have a right to post negative opinions about an instructor,
and there is not a limit on the number of times they do so".
- WWWendy

-----
"...no matter how unpopular you perceive your opinion to be, we guarantee you
are not the only one here who holds that opinion, and you should feel free to express it."
- WWWendy via forum guidelines
caligurl is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
30 minutes to fitness, 30mtf, favorite kcm, kcm, kelly coffey meyer, kelly coffey-meyer