Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 08-21-11, 10:02 AM  
horsemom2

I like the Dance of the Dragon routines BUT they are short so not at all worth the price of the dvd IMHO. If you get both the PAL and dvdr of Essentials, I am looking to trade either of my DOTD dvds for either Essentials. They should send you both upon request I think. Heck they even tossed in a red chiball freebie because of the higher costs.

Barb S
who is hoping for future productions with cheaper expenses
horsemom2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-11, 10:12 AM  
spotted zebra

Quote:
Originally Posted by horsemom2 View Post
I like the Dance of the Dragon routines BUT they are short so not at all worth the price of the dvd IMHO. If you get both the PAL and dvdr of Essentials, I am looking to trade either of my DOTD dvds for either Essentials. They should send you both upon request I think. Heck they even tossed in a red chiball freebie because of the higher costs.

Barb S
who is hoping for future productions with cheaper expenses
DVD-R? At those prices? Yikes, I should have read more Chiball threads before ordering! Thanks for the heads up. I've emailed them and will let you know what they say. I'm sending you a PM.
spotted zebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-11, 11:51 AM  
spotted zebra

ChiBall Essentials

Just a quick post to confirm the ChiBall Essentials dvd that I got is a pressed dvd with silver back. So looks like the company learned something from you VFers and have ditched the dvd-rs.
Old 08-28-11, 01:47 PM  
RedPanda

Quote:
Originally Posted by spotted zebra View Post
Just a quick post to confirm the ChiBall Essentials dvd that I got is a pressed dvd with silver back. So looks like the company learned something from you VFers and have ditched the dvd-rs.
I understand that the ChiBall people gave Horsemom an NTSC DVD-R as a freebie; their DVDs are pressed silver-backed DVDs in PAL format, but they will send an NTSC DVD-R to Americans on request.
Old 08-28-11, 02:11 PM  
spotted zebra

I think I lucked out because the new website for Canadian/US orders is about to launch. They'll have less titles available though unfortunately, but they're NTSC dvds now, not dvd-rs. These are the titles I was told will be or are available in NTSC format as pressed dvds:

ChiBall Essentials
ChiBall for Older Adults
ChiBall Yoga
ChiBall Pilates Foundations

So my choice - Essentials - just happened to be on the list.

On another note I absolutely LOVE Essentials - especially the more cardio Dance segment and tai chi (which really is qigong). I realize probably the only other title with cardio is Energise & Tone, but am hoping they'll release more along those lines down the road. If they'll only be out in PAL format to start, then that's what I'll be going for next time if need be.
Old 08-30-11, 06:44 AM  
spotted zebra

Posting again because I wanted to give a quick time breakdown of ChiBall Essentials for anyone on the fence. As much as I love the "Dance" segment, it's not as long as it could have been. Note that the relaxation is the longest part. Very short sections, but at least an intro to the things they do. The light airy set is nice and I'd definitely like to take a look at the other ChiBall titles now.

Tai Chi 9:01
Dance 9:41
Yoga 9:46
Pilates 9:25
ChiBall Release 9:59
Relaxation 10:38

Note: This dvd will be less costly once the Canadian/US website is up and running. Not sure by how much though.
Old 09-11-11, 10:51 AM  
spotted zebra

FYI... The Canada/US link is up now along with the new prices. Videoclips aren't shown at the new link so anyone wanting to see clips should click on the Australia or UK link to see them... I've still been doing the Tai Chi and Dance segments on Essentials most days prior to other programs. As crazy short as they are, they do feel wonderful.

Tags
chi ball, chi ball method