Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-17-11, 08:49 PM  
dmlarue1

are margaret richards unplugged worth it?

I am loving margaret richards right now...but wondering if the unplugged series are worth the price...and if so how many days a week are you doing the episodes? sorry if this has been answered before thanks
dmlarue1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-11, 09:02 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Videofit has a nice breakdown of the 2000 series in this thread. It might help you decide.

http://forum.videofitness.com/showth...ight=unplugged

I have all the 1900 Series, and most of the 2000 series also. I think it depends on your needs, and what you already have of hers. I love Margaret and also have quite a large collection of her stuff!

April Focus:
Linda Stejskal Wooldridge (Barlates)
Dean Pohlman (Man Flow Yoga) April 8th Everyday Yoga Four Week Challenge
Jessica Smith Cardio Walks/Pilates Fusion
Lee Holden Qi Gong 30 Day Challenge
Pam61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-11, 09:25 PM  
sherry7899

The Unplugged dvds are chaptered by episode, and each episode is chaptered by exercise, so they are really easy to use. If you do the episodes in order, Margaret alternates the body parts worked each day so you don't work the same areas two days in a row. I really enjoy the dvds.

Sherry
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-11, 12:22 AM  
videofit

I like outdoor workouts so I like these and have both series. However, because they were originally meant to be watched on TV everyday, they are short and each has its own warmup and cooldown and you don't work your entire body each day. So what I do is string three days together and only do the very first warmup and the very last cooldown and skip the ones in the middle. I timed it and each day gives you approx. 18 min. of actual exercise. So three shows is 54 min. plus one warmup and cooldown gives you about an hour total. A few times when I was feeling strong, I did four shows and really felt it afterward.

The first volumes of 1900 and 2000 give you the best value for the money because you get eight shows, while the remaining volumes 2 through 4 have six shows.
Old 02-18-11, 02:03 AM  
ilovemybirds

Videofit, Is there enough of a variety of exercises in the rest of the 1900 or 2000 series to make it worth getting more than just the first one of each? I have Unplugged 1900 vol. 1, and I keep debating on whether I want to get any more of them.
ilovemybirds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-11, 12:54 PM  
videofit

I think so. She introduces some new moves and there are new friends working out with her. Why not buy Vol. 1 of 2000 to get a feel for it before buying the others? Most of Margaret's stuff is the same but she may sequence it differently or tweak her standby moves in many different ways but you always get a tough workout.

Last night, after having done Good For You only for the past three weeks, I thought I'd try something different and did a Denise Austin that I used to love. It was too easy for me. My taste and fitness level has definitely changed.
Old 02-19-11, 02:12 AM  
ilovemybirds

Videofit, Unplugged 2000 vol. 1 is probably the one I'll buy. I know what you mean! I've noticed a big difference in my strength, since mostly focusing on Margaret.
ilovemybirds is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
margaret richard, unplugged