Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 11-12-08, 05:48 PM  
Sara1000

FIRM BSS's v. Classics

I did Allie's Maximum Cardio Burn (BSS2) today for the first time in ages. Compared to the new "Pink" FIRMs this one seemed almost like a classic.

It occured to me the Body Sculpting Systems are a bit like the classics, but divided into 2-3 workouts instead of all in one (sort of). And I remember the one with Emily was supposed to be a "new classic."

I have only kept one or two from each set, but the ones I kept I really like.

The ones I sold or traded were great also, except the instructor annoyed me, or they seemed a bit boring.

Anyone else still use and appreciate the BSS workouts?

I loved the classics when they were new, but now they seem dated. The BSS workouts don't seem dated to me (yet).
Sara1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-08, 08:47 PM  
Carol K

Yes, I still use the BSS workouts and I use the older ones too.
Old 11-13-08, 08:30 AM  
sundari

I like Allie's BSS and Emily's. They are fun, and varied. And yes they don't seem dated like the Classics. I like both BSS and the Classics.
Old 11-13-08, 10:06 AM  
Kimba

I like the workouts in BBS 1 & 2. They're good, solid intermediate workouts. Not as tough as the Classics and not easy like some of the newer Firms.
Kimba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-08, 10:38 AM  
westiemack

I love the BSS Firms. I do them a lot! Never liked the Classics. I know they are great workouts, but I couldn't get past the datedness. I know that's bad!
Kathy
westiemack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-08, 10:38 AM  
superfit41
VF Supporter

I started working out with the Firm BSS1 years ago. BSS1 thru the Transfirmer series, will probably always be my favorite Firms. I do most of them on a regular basis. They have always given me a great workout! I do the classics too. The pink Firms are not bad, but I dont like them as much.

Sherry
superfit41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-08, 10:51 AM  
Christine L.
VF Supporter

Yes, I still use all the BSS workouts. I also still use what were called the "Tri-Trainers". I prefer those over the newer FIRM workouts.
Christine L. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-08, 01:34 PM  
Dorothy J
VF Supporter

Count me as someone else who still uses the BSS workouts a lot! I have the Classics, but they do seem dated to me now AND they have a bit of a dread factor for me...Don't have any of the Pink Firms except Total Body Toner & I just ordered Punch Jump & Jab...

Good observation, Sara, about the BSS workouts being like the Classics except not all in one...I agree.
Dorothy J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-08, 03:33 PM  
CarlaShanti

I still have and use all the BSS workouts. I have a couple of classics but don't like them. I haven't really liked any of the pink Firms, although I've bought several!

BSS2 and BSS4 are my favourites!
CarlaShanti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-08, 04:57 PM  
jEnNnY

Hi, this is my first message in this forum Just as superfit41, I started with BSS1 back in 2003... for me that set is the "classic", because it was my first experience with the Firm. Eventually I discovered the actual classics and got the other BSS. I still enjoy BSS1, 2, and 3, but didn't like the transfirmer workouts as much. I love my trasfirmer as a piece of equipment, but the DVD themselves are not my favorites. From the classics I like all of them except 3 y 5. I have no problem with the dated look/moves... sometimes I am in the mood for some 80's workout From the pink ones... I have been kind of dissapointed with most of them, except for Total Body Toner, Allison Davis' Bootcamp and Hard Core Fusion. I'm curious about the ones that will be released in December. I hope they are tough!!
jEnNnY is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bss1