Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 07-09-16, 10:36 AM  
spotted zebra

Thumbs up My Body of Work Unplugged - Margaret Richard

Recently I was talking to a VFer who has both of Margaret Richard's Unplugged series (1900 and 2000), and debating whether to get her My Body of Work Unplugged dvd since it contains parts from the two series. I picked up my package late yesterday night from the post office (yay! finally!) so here's more info about what I know so far for her and anyone else who'd like to know. My own biased answer for me personally is Yes! it's worth getting! much like the All My Best dvds are unique even when you have all the dvds Margaret is pulling programs from. This is an interesting and different take on the Unpluggeds and I'm over the moon happy to have this dvd.

My Body of Work Unplugged has 4 programs approx. 30 mins each: two programs are a mix of exercises from the 1900 series, and two are a mix from 2000. Each of the 4 has a warm up and cool down. So far I've just done Vol. 2, Program B (because I don't do things in order) and I love it! Visually I like the variety of the changing outdoor scenery for different exercises (though that applies more to the 2000 series than 1900). I love the exercises MR picked out for Vol. 2, Program B. I enjoyed this even more than the Unplugged 1900, Vol. 1 shows.

Here's a more detailed breakdown which at this point will probably mean more to long-time owners of the two Unplugged series than it does to me so far. I've only just acquired the 1900 and 2000 Unpluggeds so they're still new to me.

Vol. 1, Program A - 1900 Series

Warm Up - 1901
Biceps - 1907
Deltoids - 1908
Back - 1906
Obliques - 1922
Outer Thighs - 1902
Inner Thighs - 1909
Cool Down - 1919
Food for Thought - 1919

Vol. 1, Program B - 1900 Series

Warm Up - 1913
Pectorals - 1911
Triceps - 1903
Abdominals - 1906
Hamstrings - 1922
Gluteal - 1917
Quadriceps - 1912
Cool Down - 1923
Food for Thought - 1916

Vol. 2, Program A - 2000 Series

Warm Up - 2021
Biceps - 2025
Deltoids - 2010
Back - 2022
Obliques 2022
Outer Thighs - 2026
Innter Thighs - 2018
Cool Down - 2010
Food for Thought - 2001

Vol. 2, Program B - 2000 Series

Warm Up - 2016
Pectorals - 2006
Triceps - 2009
Abdominals - 2008
Hamstrings - 2023
Gluteal - 2013
Quadriceps - 2011
Cool Down - 2017
Food for Thought - 2020

I like the step Heidi uses as a substitute bench. The step I use is on the small (short) side. Hers looks longer and more comfortable.
spotted zebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-16, 10:42 AM  
mtngoat

Quote:
Originally Posted by spotted zebra View Post
<snip for question> My own biased answer for me personally is Yes! it's worth getting! much like the All My Best dvds are unique even when you have all the dvds she's pulling programs from. This is an interesting and different take on the Unpluggeds and I'm over the moon happy to have this dvd.

<snip>
So is the DVD unique in the way she sequences the chapters, or is the footage itself unique? (Does that question even make sense? Major brain fog - lack of sleep. )

Thanks so much for the review and detailed breakdown!

Lacey (trying to convince Brent to take a Pilates class): C'mon Brent, don't you want to unify your mind and body?
Brent: Nah. I'm not gonna put all my eggs in one basket.
Corner Gas Season1 Episode 3 "Pilates Twist"
mtngoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-16, 11:03 AM  
spotted zebra

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtngoat View Post
So is the DVD unique in the way she sequences the chapters, or is the footage itself unique? (Does that question even make sense? Major brain fog - lack of sleep. )

Thanks so much for the review and detailed breakdown!
The sequencing is different. The footage itself isn't unique. Good question. I included the show numbers so people who have any Unplugged dvds can see which exercises from which shows were pulled to create the new sequences. Hope that helps to clarify.
Old 07-09-16, 11:21 AM  
mtngoat

Quote:
Originally Posted by spotted zebra View Post
The sequencing is different. The footage itself isn't unique. Good question. I included the show numbers so people who have the Unplugged dvds can see which exercises from which shows were pulled to create the new sequences. Hope that helps to clarify.
Yes it does - thanks so much!

Lacey (trying to convince Brent to take a Pilates class): C'mon Brent, don't you want to unify your mind and body?
Brent: Nah. I'm not gonna put all my eggs in one basket.
Corner Gas Season1 Episode 3 "Pilates Twist"
mtngoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-16, 11:51 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

I'm so glad to hear you finally received it and that you like it!
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-16, 12:02 PM  
spotted zebra

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtngoat View Post
Yes it does - thanks so much!
You're welcome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat58 View Post
I'm so glad to hear you finally received it and that you like it!
Yesterday was my lucky day. A complete postal lockout can now start this Monday, so Friday was literally the last day I could get these and only because they grudgingly extended service for a few days. Whew. Big sigh of relief. It's like someone up there was looking out for me. I just hope those few added days of service helped other VFers in Canada too.
Old 07-09-16, 06:22 PM  
Cher

Thanks, I've been wondering if it was worth getting when I already have the Unplugged 1900 set.
Cher is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
margaret richard, my body of work unplugged, unplugged