Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 06-23-15, 04:06 PM  
alisoncooks

Which KCM should I get?

I'm looking for a solid, total-body strength workout. I've been using the strength portion from Leslie Sansone's Walk it Off in 30 Days, which I really like...but I'd like another 30-minute weight workout to alternate with it.

I am vacillating between Start Here and Cardio Pump. I like KCM's demeanor and delivery, but I'll admit that I have to be careful with her weight work because it can be tricksy for my shoulders/back. So...are either of these *more* straightforward (with less variations or ballistic movements)?

Pros for Start Here: Well, since it's older, it's cheaper! Plus, I think the cardio portion might be more suited to my current fitness level (which is whatever comes before BEGINNER ).

That said, I'm open to the boxing in Cardio Pump if it can be modified to low impact. I'd like to hear about the weights part of this dvd; I like the pyramids format.

Thoughts?
alisoncooks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-15, 04:10 PM  
zoegirl

Not sure if this is what you are looking for, but I think her original 30-min Weights workout is her most basic strength workout, in terms of simple, straight-forward moves. I haven't tried Start Here or Cardio Pump though, so I can't say how Weights would compare to either of those. Good luck!
zoegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-15, 04:23 PM  
alisoncooks

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoegirl View Post
Not sure if this is what you are looking for, but I think her original 30-min Weights workout is her most basic strength workout, in terms of simple, straight-forward moves. I haven't tried Start Here or Cardio Pump though, so I can't say how Weights would compare to either of those. Good luck!
Thanks for the reply. I did have Weights a long time ago, but I'm looking for total body all in one 30-min workout (and not having to do a longer premix). IIRC, Weights divides the body parts in the two workouts?
alisoncooks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-15, 04:27 PM  
laurajhawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by alisoncooks View Post
IIRC, Weights divides the body parts in the two workouts?
It does, but there are full-body premixes, including at least one or two around 30 minutes.

(I have Cardio Pump, but haven't tried it yet, so I can't compare the two. )

"Don't say 'I can't' ... say 'I presently suck at this thing.'" - Matt Meese, BYU Divine Comedy
laurajhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-15, 04:48 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

I don't have Cardio Pump, but if you want straightforward, then Start Here is probably the way to go--it's VERY straightforward! In fact, I don't do the weights portion of the DVD very often (I love the cardio) for that reason--i.e., I find it kind of boring.

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-15, 07:20 PM  
PrairieGem

Watching this carefully, because I'm on a constant quest for the perfect KCM strength workout! I haven't found it yet.

FWIW, I have to disagree with Beth about the strength portion of "Start Here." I *adore* the cardio (but would love another 5 min LOL)--it's a brilliant light day workout that actually really works you out! Very few workouts make me feel looser, more energetic, or happier. ...But the strength segment is terrible!! (Well, we agree on that, I guess.) It's not basic, it's weird. The moves don't make any sense, she doesn't tell you what you're working, and some of the sets are ENDLESS. There is this bizarre swimming-arms segment that goes on forever, and I have no idea what benefit it's supposed to have, but my sensitive shoulders hate it. It's a big fail, for me, workout-wise.

...But I totally think that the cardio alone is worth the price. It's that good. Short, sweet, friendly, and happy.

I also have "Your Best Body," which is two strength workouts, and from what I understand they are pretty basic moves. I've only done one of them, but the sets were too long for me--long sets, high reps, "when-will-this-end" sort of feel to it, alas. But the MOVES were better than "Start Here." I should give it another try. The premixes might be better!

Tags
favorite kcm, kelly coffey-meyer