Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion > Workout/Fitness FAQs

Old 11-06-13, 12:04 PM  
Cheyenne Shaw
VF Supporter

I've lost 124lbs in a year (suffered from adrenal fatigue for two years and gained 100lbs in 6 months) so far (have 6 more to go) for me it was a combo of Michelle Doizios Peak 10 workouts, Cathe's Cardio and Weights and Amy Bento's kickboxing. I have to workout an hour or more a day and I follow WW.

John 16:33

I have said these things to you, that in Me (Jesus) you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation. But take heart; I have overcome the world."
Cheyenne Shaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-13, 06:10 PM  
pcramer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheyenne Shaw View Post
I've lost 124lbs in a year (suffered from adrenal fatigue for two years and gained 100lbs in 6 months) so far (have 6 more to go) for me it was a combo of Michelle Doizios Peak 10 workouts, Cathe's Cardio and Weights and Amy Bento's kickboxing. I have to workout an hour or more a day and I follow WW.
I just wanted to congratulate you on your weight loss success!! I am just restarting my weight loss efforts again after loosing and then regaining 50+ pounds over a very stressful year. Fantastic job!!

I too have to workout no less than 60 minutes daily, most days more. I just got a Bodymedia and saw how little calories I burn if I don't workout quite an eye opening experience.
Old 11-28-13, 11:56 AM  
Sunshine

Wink

Consistency is key - I agree.
I found that if I take 3 days off from working out, when I come back the fourth day it feels as if I were starting all over again.
I also find that when I have been consistent, after about 3 or 4 months of workouts that include squats, lunges or legwork the back of my legs start to lose blubber and become tighter. There is definitely something to doing the legwork.
Of course, in the beginning I didn't use weights at all.

I intend to live forever - so far, so good.
Sunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-14, 01:15 PM  
pollytc

I wanted to congratulate you on your weight loss!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheyenne Shaw View Post
Old 03-22-14, 01:42 PM  
Nuggie's Auntie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunshine View Post
Consistency is key - I agree.
I found that if I take 3 days off from working out, when I come back the fourth day it feels as if I were starting all over again.
Yes, I feel that way, too. Happily, muscle memory kicks in and we get it back fast!

ETA: FYI, this is an revived thread!
Nuggie's Auntie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-14, 01:29 PM  
TinierTina

Quote:
Originally Posted by roxie26 View Post
I am just wondering what worked well for people that had over 25 pounds to lose. Sometimes its harder to do certain videos if you have extra weight or are out of shape. So I am wondering what video helped you the best to lose weight?
This had been back in the day; and my loss had been slow (like the first over 50 pounds ... ). But still, I'd been over 45 years old, if that is an indication. I have to credit using the exercise bike, the Stairmaster and ClimbMax steppers, and elliptical; as well as the use of a lap pool...

As for videos, later on, overwhelmingly it had been something Richard Simmons (although his Dance Your Pants Off had been too hard for me!); and Gaiam had a kind of QuickStart Yoga for Weight Loss at the time ..

Much more recently (for the remaining 30 pounds), I'd taken studio Masala Bhangra classes , could not get to any gym or pool, did any belly dance video I could get my hands on ... Leilainia's Belly Dance Step by Step actually taught me how to belly dance; took a series of classes (at a discount) later ... would recommend any video by SharQui, the Belly Dance Workout ...

Oh, my diet is specialized. But that's a factor too.
TinierTina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-19, 09:02 PM  
Scorpio6

bumping -- thanks to all who have posted, very helpful
Scorpio6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-19, 12:19 PM  
angie_nrs

For me, circuit style or metabolic workouts have been kind to me. Integrating muscle and cardio are not only effective, but thankfully they are not boring and keep my body guessing too. Plus I have LOTS to choose from. I have been doing several of these lately including Katami 4x4, Les Mills, and several of Cathes. Of coarse you always hear studies that say cardio is a waste of time and weight training is the way to go. But in a few years that will all be "proven" bunk and then cardio will again be king......until it's not. I quit listening to everyone else (including the 'experts') and just experiment on my own. Unfortunately just when you find something that seems to work, your body changes and you have to start all over again!

I have learned that the combo of eats and exercise needs to be integrated before the results will come. So, getting rid of the white carbs and doing intermittent fasting combined with the circuits are my sweet spot......at least for now. Next year it will probably be something else.

Tags
broadway sweat, kathy smith tone up, mis, old thread alert, results, significant weight loss, successful weight loss, weight loss