Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 11-22-22, 04:20 PM  
Gemini2874
VF Supporter

Anyone experience major DOMS with barre ball?

So, I finally broke the seal on one of my Barre3 dvds just to mix things up a bit. It was Standing Slim and I had to use a ball behind my leg. OH MY GOSH.....I am on day 2 of major DOMS. I am talking the kind where it hurts to sit down and even stretch! I am in total shock. I would consider myself an intermediate level exerciser and I have no problem with P57, Booty Barre, SBF, etc. I had also been doing a lot of Denise Austin yoga stuff prior to Barre3. Furthermore, I had just done LW2LW a couple of days prior with no issue. So, I'm wondering if I did something wrong during my Barre3 workout? Anyone? Is this normal? Has anyone else had really bad hamstring soreness from using a ball behind your leg?How could this little ball cause so much pain?!!! Thoughts please!!
Gemini2874 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-22, 04:52 PM  
star117

Barre work always gets me even without a ball. Hope you loosen up soon!
star117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-22, 05:26 PM  
Lori_Michigan

Same here! Even just regular barre work does it but every time I use the ball my hamstrings are stiff and sore for days! Or doing a glute bridge on the ball does it too. Like barely able to go down stairs or sit down comfortably.

I'm finding my hamstrings abnormally sore for much longer than they used to be, thanks perimenopause!
Lori_Michigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-22, 05:32 PM  
Gemini2874
VF Supporter

Thanks, Star! I hope so too! I was wondering if I was doing something wrong. Maybe I was squeezing too hard to keep the ball in place? I don't know. I have never used a ball for barre work before because I didn't have one. I can't believe the difference with it. However, I don't know if this is normal or if I just was not doing it right. *sigh*
Old 11-22-22, 05:36 PM  
Gemini2874
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lori_Michigan View Post
Same here! Even just regular barre work does it but every time I use the ball my hamstrings are stiff and sore for days! Or doing a glute bridge on the ball does it too. Like barely able to go down stairs or sit down comfortably.

I'm finding my hamstrings abnormally sore for much longer than they used to be, thanks perimenopause!
Lori, Yes!!! OMG! That is exactly right! Just sitting or walking the down the stairs is agony!!! Ok, so it's not me!! The ball really is a torture device in disguise! I knew it!!

Interesting about perimenopause. I'm in it as well and it is kicking my butt. Argh.
Old 11-22-22, 05:49 PM  
Lori_Michigan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemini2874 View Post
Lori, Yes!!! OMG! That is exactly right! Just sitting or walking the down the stairs is agony!!! Ok, so it's not me!! The ball really is a torture device in disguise! I knew it!!

Interesting about perimenopause. I'm in it as well and it is kicking my butt. Argh.
I know, right? I'm nearing 50 but still dealing with perimenopause, no end in sight. I've had numerous nagging injuries over the past four years and now I'm much more sore from workouts than I ever used to be. I didn't put together the connection until a couple years ago when I just couldn't work out like I used to. Perimenopause affects so many different things, but yet all everyone ever talks about are hot flashes! Perimenopause has affected every part of my mind and body!
Lori_Michigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-22, 06:11 PM  
Gemini2874
VF Supporter

Lori- I could have written your post and agree 100% with everything you said.
Old 11-23-22, 09:44 PM  
fatkat555

Hmmm… I haven’t tried Standing Slim yet (still in shrink wrap). Might have to pull it out soon can literally “feel your pain”.

You have to make a mess, sometimes, to clean it up.

DISCLOSURE: I have a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
fatkat555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-22, 10:04 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

I have always liked Standing Slim with Sadie! But yes, barre work - ball or no ball - gets me every time.

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-22, 10:10 PM  
bubbles76

How bad is barre on the knees? I have a lot of barre dvds that I haven't tried, but some I have pre-knee pain. I'm hesitant to try them, because some of them have that pulsing and work on the toes. Although even in the midst of previous knee pain, I didn't have too much trouble with Leah Sarago Ballet Body Lower Body and some Exhale Core Fusion stuff. Some moves I couldn't do, but they were good workouts for me even with knee pain.
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
barre ball, barre balls, barre3, barre3 ball, doms