Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-31-22, 07:16 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Today's workouts were

Jessica Valant Pilates - 10 Minute Workout for Stronger Hips & 10 Minute Pilates Workout for Legs & Hips

Today was legs day on Jessica's calendar but the suggested workout didn't appeal to me, so I substituted.

Donna - Hope you get to feeling better soon!

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-22, 07:48 AM  
buffmama

Quote:
Originally Posted by txhsmom View Post
It looks like it's generally the first Wednesday of the month, but the time varies. She puts it on her monthly calendar though and that releases tomorrow.

Carol

Edited to add: I just saw the time posted for this month: Wednesday, November 2nd, at 10:30am mountain time.
Thank you Carol! I need some live virtual class for my pilates teacher training and am looking for options.
Old 11-01-22, 07:57 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

I'm still feeling a bit under the weather, it isn't bad though. I have been sicker..mainly I'm just a bit tired and run down. I did go and get my flu shot yesterday, I wanted to get it over with and I figured I didn't have a fever or anything so it should be fine. No ill effects so far - although maybe some of the tiredness is from that instead of this cold or whatever it is I have...
anyway...

I kept it lower key today:

Senior Shape w/ Lauren - Low Impact Cardio & Balance Toning
Senior Shape w/ Lauren - Gentle Yoga Stretch

Both of these were nice and perfect for my energy level.

Carol - I wasn't that interested in doing Jessica's yoga style workout yesterday either, good substitute!

buffmama - I don't know if this "counts" but i think the Girl w/ the Pilates mat does 2 iive workouts a week - on Monday and Friday. It may be hard coordinating the time since she is in the UK.

Hope everyone has a good day!

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-22, 10:04 AM  
buffmama

Quote:
Originally Posted by donnamp View Post

buffmama - I don't know if this "counts" but i think the Girl w/ the Pilates mat does 2 iive workouts a week - on Monday and Friday. It may be hard coordinating the time since she is in the UK.

Donna
Thank you Donna. I did yesterday's workout and have the rest on the calendar. And yes, realizing the time is of a different time zone on YouTube is a challenge. With all the technology we have it seems like it should be able to convert to our local time. But also - first world problems..
Old 11-01-22, 08:41 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Today's workouts were

Outdoor Walk - 35 minutes;
Jessica Valant Pilates - 10 Minute Beginner Ab Workout

Another pleasant day for a walk.

Donna - Nice workout choices! Hope you are feeling better by now.

Carol
Old 11-02-22, 07:48 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

I'm still hanging in - still a little bit sick - it is weird, it doesn't get worse but it also doesn't get better either. I guess I should be happy about it not getting worse and it is also possible that some of what I'm feeling are flu shot side effects.

Oh well..onward...

I did walk my dog yesterday afternoon it was warm and she is a very 'regimented' type dog - like she got used to walking with me at a certain time every day and now she comes to me at that time every day expecting a walk, LOL!

Today, so far:

Senior Shape w/ Lauren - Workout for Weight Loss - this was a cardio/sculpt workout. The first half was low impact cardio, the second half was strength training. Lauren used 10's for the strength section but I only used 5's - didn't want to stress out the old body! This workout can definitely be what you make of it - with heavier weights and bigger range of motion in the cardio you can make it harder or you can just "walk" through it like I did today.

It is supposed to be nice again today so I'm sure a dog walk is in my future.

Hope everyone has a good day!

Donna
Old 11-02-22, 08:19 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Today's workout was one of Jessica's new November workouts

Jessica Valant Pilates - Full Body Resistance Band Workout - 30 minutes

Partly standing and mostly on the mat. It was the "advanced" workout choice on the calendar today, but it wasn't that bad. There were one or two exercises where I kept my head on the mat, but other than that, it was very do-able for me.

Donna - That's weird. DS has had something similar lately, where he didn't feel 100%, but he didn't get any worse - or any better either. Not sure what it was. Nice workout choices though. Although I'm still pretty happy doing Jessica's workouts, I am missing Lauren a bit.

Carol
Old 11-03-22, 09:44 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

I'm still a little sick - nothing terrible, but not 100% yet...I did a lot yesterday and probably wore myself down, too.

Today, so far:

Senior Shape w/ Lauren - 1 Mile walk - basically some nice low impact aerobics
Senior Shape w/ Lauren - Pilates w/ Mini Ball

Will walk my dog today as well b/c she will come and get me when it is time.

Carol - that is interesting that your DS had the same thing. I definitely have cold symptoms but they don't get better or worse...I guess it just takes time. I checked out Jessica's band workout and I'm going to put that in the mix soon. It looks good. I think Lauren does a very nice job w/ her workouts in general but her barre workouts are particularly good.

Hoping for some more energy for next week...

Donna
Old 11-03-22, 08:29 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Today's workouts were

Jessica Valant Pilates - Indoor Walking Workout - 15 minutes & Gentle Pilates - No Kneeling - 15 minutes

I had done the indoor walking workout before and it isn't bad - not as good as a Jessica Smith walking workout, but it works when you don't want to walk outside (like today, because of the wind). The Gentle Pilates workout was a nice one - filmed in a backyard, it looks like, in Hawaii, I think. I can definitely tell that I'm improving with my pilates practice.

Donna - It seems like it took a week or more for DS to get back to 100%. I think Lauren generally uses good music and the complete vibe from her workouts is so peaceful and stress-reducing.

Carol
Old 11-04-22, 07:55 AM  
donnamp

Hi!

I feel like I may have turned a corner...I definitely feel more like myself today.

So, i was in the mood for some Ellen and did:

Ellen - Pilates Strong - I liked this one, but I didn't like the music she chose to go w/ the workout. But it got the job done, slightly sweaty, but not too much.

Will probably get a walk in today - I got one in yesterday, hopefully I'll feel like going for a bit longer today - we have been keeping them short this week.

Carol - I agree about Lauren's workouts - they are very calming - even the ones that are higher energy. Nice job w/ Jessica!!

Hope everyone has a good Friday!

Donna