Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 10-28-22, 01:45 PM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Enjoying my low key day off.

DH had a Dr's appointment and only got yelled at a little bit. LOL....

We ran some errands and I have just been catching up on housework and puttering. I can get used to this, honestly, so nice not to be glued to a screen. I will probably take my dog for a walk soon....and then stretch out a bit.

this morning I did:

Senior Shape w/ Lauren - Kettlebell workout - this was not a traditional kettlebell workout - basically it was a weight training workout using one weight - which did not have to be a kbell. I enjoyed it though and i think I may end up sore from it. The time went by fast. Lauren is very calming

The Girl w/ the Pilates Mat - 20 Min Pilates Total Core workout - safe for back issues - I liked this one quite a bit. It wasn't easy but I can see why she labeled it safe for back issues -there is none of the dreaded (to me) spinal articulation type exercises. Those tend to tweak my back. I can articulate in bridge, but rolling/up down on my spine not so much. I can't believe it took me so long to try something from her channel. I will do more -

Random updates - I finally scheduled my flu shot - I'm going on Monday afternoon. I have to go to the dentist on Monday as well to repair a small filling. I mean, Mondays stink anyway why not get it done then.

My DD got the flu and COVID shots and she was a little sick, but nothing terrible.

My knee is tweaked for some reason and that is odd for me - that is not a spot that normally hurts so... trying to figure that out. But hopefully it will disappear as mysteriously as it appeared.

Carol - that does sound like a very stressful situation....not something anyone wants to deal with.

Dana - you sound very busy! Hope all is well.

Waves, everyone enjoy the day/weekend~

Donna
donnamp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-22, 08:42 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

No workout for me today. I got home a bit later than normal and we needed to pick the dogs up from daycare.

Good news today from the pulmonologist! He says I have normal lung function and I do not have ILD - I have asthma. He said he saw a little bit of scarring in the top portion of my lungs, but that's very normal, especially if you had a lot of respiratory infections as a child (which I did). He did prescribe a maintenance inhaler and told me he wants me to call him if I am sick and have any breathing issues - not to wait until I'm really sick. He wants to do a high resolution CT scan next summer and will send me to a place here in town that he prefers to use (and they are much cheaper than the place I used in August). He didn't want to say bad things about the rheumatologist, but he basically said that they didn't need to be diagnosing lung diseases, just like he didn't need to be diagnosing rheumatoid arthritis. Now I've got to decide if I want to go back to the rheumatologist or get another opinion on the arthritis issues. I think she's a little more aggressive treatment-wise than I am comfortable with.

Our first 2 candidates for Head of School will be in town next week and the third one will be in town on the next week. A busy month ahead.

Carol
txhsmom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-22, 07:35 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Saturday's workout was

Jessica Valant Pilates - Gentle Pilates Workout - 30 minutes

A nice, gentle, thorough beginner's workout. It was a nice day, weather-wise. I could have walked, but we went shopping instead.

Carol
Old 10-29-22, 10:35 PM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Carol, I'm so glad you got a good report from your pulmonologist! I would definitely get a second opinion from another rheumatologist.

Donna, I've subscribed to the Girl with the Pilates Mat channel, but have yet to try anything from her.

Ladies, I'm going to take a break from checking in. I'll be back when I can.
Old 10-30-22, 07:35 AM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Usia View Post
Carol, I'm so glad you got a good report from your pulmonologist! I would definitely get a second opinion from another rheumatologist.

Donna, I've subscribed to the Girl with the Pilates Mat channel, but have yet to try anything from her.

Ladies, I'm going to take a break from checking in. I'll be back when I can.
Thank you Dana. We will miss you.

Carol
Old 10-30-22, 04:46 PM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Catching up on the weekend....

Yesterday I did:

Up to the Beat (Gina B) - Halloween Dance Workout
Girl with the Pilates Mat - Pilates Magic Ring Workout (15 min)
Outdoor walk

Today, so far, nothing...

I am feeling a tad under the weather, I have a scratchy throat and I'm not sure what to make of it. I don't feel bad, but I also don't know if it is wise to workout. Plus, it was a busy day - my DD had a horse event today and that took a chunk of time.

I think I may call it a day or at most do some floorwork or something.

I hope that whatever it is I have either goes away or doesn't get worse as I really do want to get my dental appointment over tomorrow as well as my flu shot.

Hope everyone is having a relaxing Sunday!!

Dana - we will be here when you are ready to come back.

Carol - that is positive news from the dr. It is nice to get good news!

Donna
Old 10-30-22, 07:52 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Today's workouts:

Walk - 30 minutes;
Lift with Cee - Weight Training Workout for Women Over 40 - 10/30/22 - 20 minutes;
Jessica Valant Pilates - Mindful Movement Challenge 5 Minute Low Back Stretches & Mindful Movement Challenge 5 Minute Back and Hip Stretches

I really liked Cee's workout - very straight forward and she doesn't rep you to death. She's posted a playlist for the week with 5 of these 20 minute workouts. I'm not sure I will do 5 lifting workouts in a week, but I will probably follow her schedule even if I don't do all five.

Donna - Hope you are feeling better! My son got his flu shot yesterday and he said it wasn't bad at all.

Carol
Old 10-31-22, 08:05 AM  
buffmama

Can anyone tell me when Jessica Valant does her live class as part of Unlimited?
Old 10-31-22, 10:31 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

I'm still not feeling 100% which makes for a real Monday.... Today I went for something a little more on the gentle side:

Senior Shape w/ Lauren - Strength Training Barre Workout - this was a nice little hybrid workout that included some barre as well as traditional strength training.

buffmama - I'm not sure if she has a regularly set day each month that she does it - I think it may vary and she just lets her members know when she is doing it. I haven't attended one "live" so I'm not 100% sure.

Carol - nice job w/ your workouts!

Hope everyone has a good day!

Donna
Old 10-31-22, 07:13 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by buffmama View Post
Can anyone tell me when Jessica Valant does her live class as part of Unlimited?
It looks like it's generally the first Wednesday of the month, but the time varies. She puts it on her monthly calendar though and that releases tomorrow.

Carol

Edited to add: I just saw the time posted for this month: Wednesday, November 2nd, at 10:30am mountain time.