Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-22-22, 11:53 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Yesterday I did get a dog walk in - I think that will be the last one for a few days - today it is a cold, icky rain and then we are in the deep freeze for a few days. Last night, after work I did Ellen's Affirmative flow.

Today, so far:

Ellen - Dynamic Cardio
Trifecta Pilates - Pilates for Scoliosis - I really enjoyed this one - worked out a lot of kinks. Beth from Trifecta is doing a January program - Align - I signed up for the free version. We will see how much of it I do.

So..today's excitement - as I suspected - I have to go back to the imaging place for more view on my mammogram. This happens pretty much all the time to me - but it is still unnerving. They wanted me to wait until Jan 10th but I just couldn't wait that long - so I called and asked for something earlier or to be put on a cancellation list and as luck would have it - they had an opening today. Ugh. Hopefully it will be a big nothing.

Carol - I hope you are feeling good after your injection and I hope that your part in the "investigation" is over. I mean - how ridiculous...

Take care,

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-22, 02:14 PM  
donnamp

I'm back, it was a big nothing - just added stress.

Next time I have to make sure my Dr writes the referral in such a way that I can wait for the results and do any follow up immediately, that day.

It is a quiet time at work - but I ended up needing to take off 4 hours for this rather than 2 hours - plus the added stress and anxiety.

Donna
Old 12-22-22, 07:07 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

So glad Donna that it was a false alarm!

My workouts today were

Jessica Valant Pilates - Non-Impact Hiit #3 - 15 minutes & Switch It Up Challenge: 10 Minute Full Body Stretch

Not my favorite kind of workout (the Hiit one) but I got it done. The only other excitement in my day was that Bonnie snatched a raisin off the floor and earned herself a trip to the vet since raisins are toxic for dogs... $100 later, she's fine.

This hasn't felt like much of a break.

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-22, 12:02 PM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Fortunately the weather for us hasn't been too terrible. Yesterday was just a cold heavy rain. Today, it rained a bit in the morning, but has since cleared up. It is super windy and supposed to get very cold - but I'm glad we didn't get snow or ice. And, it is supposed to gradually warm up over the next week which is good too.

Yesterday though was just a crazy day. Aside from the mammo drama - my DD and I went to get our hair cut and then picked up some take out. We did our baking - I baked the dough I made earlier in the week and my DD made some cookie dough that she baked this morning. Well, my DD ended up with food poisoning and was up barfing at midnight. It must have been from the take out. She felt better immediately after being sick so that is what is must have been. Fortunately, i ate something completely different and was fine. But I don't think we will be going there again. Although we did eat there once before and it was fine.

I took the day off from work today and I'm about to run a few errands before the temps drop even more.

For my workout today I did all 5 of Jessica Valent's 10 min workouts from her "switch it up" challenge. I started with cardio, did weights, did body weight, then pilates, then stretch. Stringing them all together worked well.

I may do some yoga later...I'll see.

Carol - oh my goodness, between the "investigation" and the raisin incident I can see why this doesn't feel like much of a break. I think my Golden may be able to get away w/ a raisin or two, but I can see how w/ a smaller dog it would be a problem. My Golden is 60-65 lbs. I had a co-worker once whose dog drank a pomegranate martini and ate a sleeve of milano cookies! My Golden has eaten her share of things that she shouldn't have over the years including bird seed, wood chips, metal shavings and stink bugs. When she was younger, she really worried me with all that. Now that she is older she tends not to get into as much - although if the birds drop the seed out of the feeder she is out there "cleaning up". I may do Jessica's HIIT tomorrow, I'll see.

Hope everyone's weekend is off to a good start.

Donna
Old 12-24-22, 09:01 AM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Friday's workout was

Jessica Valant Pilates - 20 Minute Full Body Pilates Workout

This was Jessica's "travel" workout and it would work well for traveling. You just need a mat, towel or something to put on the floor if you don't want to be directly on the floor. It wasn't much, but at least I got it done - with long underwear on under my workout clothes!

Donna - Sorry about your DD! Glad she's feeling better. You just never know. We've had the cold weather and I'm sick of it. I need to get out of the house, but it looks like it's not going to be the best weather today either. WE may get up to 40 which would be a big improvement. It just depends on the wind. Sunny and 40 with no wind is one thing. Sunny and 40 with 30 mph is a whole 'nother thing.

Carol
Old 12-24-22, 11:52 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

it is sunny and 18 here! For the first time ever our pipes froze - last night it was very cold w/ subzero wind chills. DH defrosted them w/ a hair dyer. Even when we had the polar vortex a few years back our pipes didn't freeze! By the end of the week it will be more normal and next weekend it will be in the 60's w/ rain.

Yesterday I added on Ellen's Yogini Sculpt from her 7 day challenge program.

Today was a mix of Jessica Valent workouts:

Non Impact HIIT 3 - this was a lot of body weight lower body.

Indoor Walking Workout - basically did this one as an extended cool down and for extra steps since I'm not going to walk outside today.

Pilates for Heat - I was a little hesitant to do this one thinking it would be too much but it wasn't. I modify whatever I need to and it works fine.

Carol - I agree about the wind! Yesterday it was very windy - driving around I really noticed it.

Hope everyone has a nice Xmas eve!

Donna
Old 12-26-22, 01:12 PM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Hope everyone had a nice Christmas.

My workouts:

Sunday/Xmas - Ellen - Prayer Flow - this was a really nice one to do on Xmas day. Relaxing.

Today - Ellen/Michele - Booty Bootcamp - this is Ellen's new workout for December - it features Michelle as a guest instructor. It was nice - lower body focused, obviously.

It is a little warmer today and I may get up the energy to take my dog for a walk. Other than that, I'm having a low key post holiday recovery day.
Browsing Mary's site for sale items, LOL. Not like I need anything, that is for sure.

Donna
Old 12-26-22, 05:32 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

No workout on Christmas Day, just lots of cooking, food and cleanup. And football.

Today's workouts were

Lift with Cee - 20 Minute Workout #15;
Outdoor Walk - 20 minutes;
Jessica Valant Pilates - 20 Minute Stress Relief Workout

The Lift with Cee workout was her Christmas Day release and was filmed in front of a Christmas Tree and with Christmas music. I talked my son into joining me for it. He desperately needs to be lifting weights and exercising.

Donna - I'm all for low key holiday recovery days.

Carol
Old 12-27-22, 09:09 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

I'm still taking it on the slow side....and it is going to be a very quiet time at work. So I'll be catching up on some things at work - mainly training that I need to do!

Today, so far:

Ellen - Modern Interval- it has been some time since I did this one. She mixes weights in w/ some light cardio

I may get out for a walk today as we are thawing out.

Carol - I will have to check that workout w Cee out. I have to think about what i want to focus on in January, too.

Hope everyone has a good day!

Donna
Old 12-27-22, 09:25 AM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Donna, there is going to be a New Year's Challenge with Jessica Valant.

Carol