Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 11-10-22, 10:05 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Yesterday I managed a short dog walk in the afternoon and CS 1407 in the evening.

I'm still feeling low on energy and tired - I thin it is the combo of being sick last week, the time change this week, and the weird weather change (summer on Sat/Sun/Mon - immediate fall on Tuesday). Anyway, I have tomorrow off for Veteran's Day so I hope to maybe catch up on some rest.

Today, I did:

Jessica Valent - Non-Impact HIIT Fundamentals - I made it through and eve did the getting up and down off the floor move w/ no trouble. LOL!

Jessica Valent - Full Body Stretch and Release

Carol - Jessica is working well for me right now, too. It is enough of its own, but it also lends itself to to add ons and mixing with other instructors/workouts. I also do like Caroline Jordan and her calendars - like Jessica she does mix it up quite a bit and at the end of the day/week/month you end up with a balanced plan.

Will probably walk again today maybe something else....

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-22, 07:47 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

It was a nice day when I got off of work, so I decided to walk instead of doing Jessica's HIIT workout:

Outdoor Walk - 30 minutes;
Jessica Valant Pilates - Gentle Core Workout - 15 minutes

Our weather is supposed to turn cooler tomorrow and will be down right cold next week, with chances of snow.

Donna - Nice workouts! Our weather has been pretty changeable lately too.

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-22, 10:48 PM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Good evening! Today I did Day 2 of Essentrics 14 Days Abs, Legs, Abs & Glutes Challenge with Miranda - 25 min. I also did Olivia Lawson's 30 Min Cardio Walk off youtube. Both were good workouts.

It was 73F sunny and breezy here today. Too warm for me, but cold weather is coming tomorrow! Bring it!

Waves to Carol and Donna!
Old 11-11-22, 01:10 PM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Yesterday I did not get a walk in since I met a fried/co-worker for lunch but last night after work I did Ellen's Lift and Lean.

Today, so far, I did a mix from Gina B:

"Where are you now" Warm-up
Country Power Walk # 2
Boosted Country Walk
Stretch & Relax

It is raining today so not sure about a walk. I do have the day off for Veteran's Day which is nice and went to the barn w/ my DD.

I think I'm going to get my COVID booster the week between Xmas and New Year's - it will be quiet at work then and if I feel sick it will be easier to take the day off or at least have a quiet day.

Dana good to see you again! I have been thinking about the Essentrics challenges I haven't done yet.....too many workouts, too little time.

Carol - good idea to get out and walk while the weather is good. We are getting a humid gross rain here today -I think it gets colder for us next week, too.

Hope everyone has a good Friday!

Donna
Old 11-11-22, 07:50 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Today's workout on Jessica's calendar was

Jessica Valant Pilates - Full Body Stretch and Release - 15 minutes

This is a really nice stretch. Cold today, snow on Monday...

Dana - Good to see you! Nice workouts. I'm been thinking about Essentrics new desk challenge. That might be right up my alley.

Donna - Sounds like a good plan to get your booster between Christmas and New Year's. This was just made me a little tired, but it wasn't very noticable.

Carol
Old 11-13-22, 06:39 PM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone.

Where did the weekend go? I had Friday off, too and it still went by too fast.

To catch up:

Saturday:

Ellen - Power Fusion
Short dog walk - it was quite hot and humid! But that changed rapidly.

Sunday:

Lively Ladies - 25 Min Low Impact Calorie Burning Cardio (from 11/11)
Yogi Beth C - 8 is enough (this was nice - just 8 poses, non-fussy yoga, just what I needed)
Short dog walk - it was quite chilly today - particularly when the wind kicked in.

Hope everyone has a nice evening~

Donna
Old 11-14-22, 06:52 AM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Too fast! Weekends go too quickly!

Saturday - nothing

Sunday - Jessica Valant Pilates - Standing Pilates Workout - 30 minutes

This was one of Jessica's new workouts for the month. It was the "advanced" option for Saturday, but if you don't do all the progressions it's not advanced. A little bit of weight work at the start and the rest of it was barre work and standing adaptations of pilates exercises and stretches. I liked it - it wasn't "too creative".

Donna - Our weather has gone in the tank too - low 30s and light snow and wind today. Brrr!

Carol
Old 11-14-22, 09:10 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

This morning was...

Ellen - Full Body Blast - this is one of her more recent workouts - she does 15 min cardio, 15 min weights, 15 min stretch.

Planning to get a dog walk in during the chilly afternoon and then something tonight after work -maybe Jessica Valent....

Carol - I almost did that workout yesterday - I'll try to fit it in somewhere this week. I am enjoying mixing Ellen and Jessica - it does work pretty well!

Hope everyone has a good start to the week,

Donna
Old 11-15-22, 09:04 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Yesterday I did walk my dog at lunch - it is a slow walk b/c she likes to stop and sniff a lot. But it is fun for her and for me, it is at least a chance to stand up and be in the sunshine.

After work I did Jessica Valent's 15 min beginner lower body workout - it is very basic, but a good one - just two sets of squat, lunge, calf raises, deadlift and step ups.

Today, I pulled out a random DVD -

Debra Mazda - Shapely Girl - Walking fit and Fabulous - it was a nice walking routine - I did, I guess the main workout on the DVD - there are a number of premixes. I did the walk and the cool down, I skipped the standing abs and bonus walk

Jane Adams - Yoga for Beginners - Upper Body Strength and Flexibility - I have been really stiff in my upper back/shoulders lately so this was a good one.

Hope everyone has a good day!

Donna
Old 11-15-22, 10:38 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Today's workouts were

Walk At Home - 2 Mile Workout with Bands (Steel City Series DLCC2) - 30 minutes;
Jessica Valant Pilates - 5 Minute Full Body Stretch

I can tell that I haven't been doing a lot of cardio lately - at least nothing more strenuous than walking. I need to get back in the routine of doing more cardio. This was a decent workout - not my favorite, some of the music was hard to fight the beat and Celina had a hard time staying on the beat too. Normally she cues pretty good, but this workout, not so much.

No workout yesterday. I had a Zoom starting at 4 and by the time I was finished at 8:30 I wasn't interested in working out.

Donna - I did that lower body workout last week, I think. I was going to do a DVD workout today, but my DVD player has died. It won't open anymore.

Carol