Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-17-15, 09:48 PM  
nora
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by yaya View Post
As mentioned, super low rise pants. Rob Glick had an old workout where all his background exercisers were wearing super, super low rise pants. He said "Look at my girls...aren't they pretty?" And I was thinking "not in the least! Yuk!!"
i know exactly which workout you're referencing and i totally agree. Jillian Michaels does this too. It looks stupid and it's distracting in a bad way.
Old 03-17-15, 10:11 PM  
marya

Quote:
Originally Posted by slinks View Post
l do own a few Gilad workouts, he wears bike pants and looks good, l don't think many men can pull it off..
Gilad would look good even in a paper bag!

Attire doesn't bother me unless the colors scream or form is obscured. I used to do belly dance workouts, and often an instructor's costumes made it impossible to see her movements. This isn't usually the case with other types of workouts--and it may be one reason why I've never minded Ana Brett's minimalism.
marya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-15, 10:52 PM  
JackieB
VF Supporter

I like classic looks that aren't going to get outdated quickly. I also am a modest one; keep it covered up.

I like how Jessica Smith, Cathe, and Miranda and Sahra dress. Simple and classy; not trendy.

Certified Essentrics Instructor, Level 4---February 2017
Yoga Tune Up Roll Model Method Practitioner---December 2021

"Movement is a privilege. You don't have to exercise. You get to exercise. Visit a person whose mobility is severely limited, and you'll appreciate the distinction. Do what you can, count yourself lucky, heal yourself in the process." Essentrics Colorado
JackieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-15, 08:06 AM  
Pie
VF Supporter

Clothing choices typically don't bother me. It's actually the opposite. If an instructor is wearing short shorts and bra top with an amazing body, I find it motivating.......

Results are not made in the Comfort Zone........ - Mike Karpenko
Pie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-15, 08:09 AM  
cherimac

Quote:
Originally Posted by txhsmom View Post
In a word - modestly! I don't want to worry about someone's wardrobe malfunctions during a workout.

Carol
This.

I like what Jessica Smith wears too. I also tend to like the outfits I see on Ellen Barrett and barre3 instructors.
Old 03-18-15, 08:17 AM  
laurajhawk

Isn't it the Barre3 DVDs where they wear semi-sheer black leggings under shorts? They aren't very sheer so it's easy to ignore, but that's a weird stagey look, to me.

Nonetheless, count me in the group that isn't bothered by much, clothing-wise. Of course I like to be able to SEE the exercisers - not like the original Pure Barre with black pants against a black background. And I have a fondness for the occasional shirtless guy (yeah Ultimate Yogi ... you need SOMETHING to look at on Day 101!). I'm not crazy about low low pants, and I wish Ana Brett would just go ahead and wear a bra, but I get over these things in approx. Minute 2 of the workout.

"Don't say 'I can't' ... say 'I presently suck at this thing.'" - Matt Meese, BYU Divine Comedy
laurajhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-15, 08:33 AM  
cherimac

Laura-yeah, in some of the 28 to Great DVDs the barre3 people are dressed like that. I do streaming so am thinking of more recent releases with that. They wear capris or leggings and longer tanks by Lululemon, Nike, Beyond Yoga, etc.
Old 03-18-15, 08:54 AM  
Carb8985

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pie View Post
Clothing choices typically don't bother me. It's actually the opposite. If an instructor is wearing short shorts and bra top with an amazing body, I find it motivating.......
Me too! I find Sylwia's outfits (Tonique), which are somewhat revealing, to be awesome. Super fashionable, creative, cutting-edge type workout gear. I also heard a rumor that Sylwia is designing her own workout wear for us.
Carb8985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-15, 09:16 AM  
Sue B
VF Supporter

About the only wardrobe thing that annoys me is black pants or leggings which make it hard to see which leg they're on when they're turned to the side.

I lived through the butt-floss era - Cathe, Christi, everyone wore them - so skimpy clothing doesn't annoy me that much

Drop Two Sizes, Fit Body Blueprint, STRONG Eat. Lift. Thrive. and Revamp grad

DISCLOSURE: I have a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
Sue B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-15, 09:22 AM  
NorthernStar

I forgot about Tracy Anderson! The shape of her capris look fine, but I hate when she wears the ones that say "I (heart) Tracy"

There's just no reason to wear your own name on your pants.
NorthernStar is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
instructor clothing, what instructors wear, workout wear