Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 03-05-15, 02:46 PM  
Lucky Star
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by upperwside View Post
Imagine it were you who was being written about this way on here and you were reading comments made about you .. she reads this forum I am sure!! I would never want to say something that would hurt another woman's feeling.. especially when talking about their personal style...
I am not a public figure running a business over the internet. She posts an array of revealing photos to market her product and we as consumers have the right to form an opinion and comment. I am not disparaging her or her achievements, just saying I don't care for her choice of photographic poses. And I'm discussing her professional style, which may or may not coincide with her personal style (which is none of my business, I don't know her). No guilt here.
Old 03-05-15, 02:58 PM  
Sue B
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by s2546 View Post
I think one thing we can all agree on- sylwia is in fantastic condition and her workouts are amazing!

sue
Maybe I'm alone in thinking that Sylwia looks beautiful, she can pose however she wants, she sounds like a nice person - but her workouts look like death by boredom.

Drop Two Sizes, Fit Body Blueprint, STRONG Eat. Lift. Thrive. and Revamp grad

DISCLOSURE: I have a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
Old 03-05-15, 03:08 PM  
AsSweetAsSugar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky Star View Post
I am not a public figure running a business over the internet. She posts an array of revealing photos to market her product and we as consumers have the right to form an opinion and comment. I am not disparaging her or her achievements, just saying I don't care for her choice of photographic poses. And I'm discussing her professional style, which may or may not coincide with her personal style (which is none of my business, I don't know her). No guilt here.
I totally agree on this.

LMP - Grad/Aug 13 * TheRack - Grad/Nov 13 * PowerFit H - Grad/Jan 14 * FIF: SB - Grad/ Feb 14 * Cage/Box/KB 6WR - Comp/Mar 14 * Ugi/Kb/Pilates 6WR - Comp/May 14 * ThunderBell - Comp/Sep 14 * Obsidian - Comp/Jan 15 * JNL - DO/Sept 15 * D2S - Grad/Feb 16 * KbKb/TBS - Grad/Jun 16 * FusionMixx - Com/Aug 16 * F8F - Grad/Oct 16

Sonríe a la vida y ella te sonreíra siempre!
Old 03-05-15, 03:09 PM  
sophiesmom

If I had Sylwia's body, I'd go grocery shopping in my little outfits!

That being said, there's something funny/cheeky about her poses.

The only photos that make me cringe are the ones where she's working out in places like loading docks, etc. I'm afraid she'll get tazered by security!
Old 03-05-15, 05:48 PM  
LynnO
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitstick View Post
I don't think you were being a prude either. I totally understand what you are saying-- I guess everyone has a different view but I don't see it as empowering at all.
Me three, I don't enjoy these poses, but see how and why women are rewarded for them, and just like I would never fault a college athlete for going pro (and not losing the chance to earn 20 million dollars) I don't either judge women for using their earning power. I do wish it were otherwise and on a society wise basis I strongly disapprove - I feel despair for every single one of us women but don't really judge the individual women making money and getting attention. Really how different is what we value in a Sport Illustrated Swimsuit model and people in other SI photos. ETA that yeah I understand pro athletes work really hard, but still they aren't actually doing more than entertain us.

I am a bit mystified as Sylwia being different though. Not sure how or why - but I see that same kind of thinking with TA. I guess we have a hard time reconciling the parts that we disapprove of when it is someone we really like.

And do we really need to support all women? Really? I can not judge women for selling sex and sexuality but I don't think I need to "support" it.
Old 03-05-15, 06:14 PM  
cherimac

Quote:
Originally Posted by LynnO View Post

And do we really need to support all women? Really? I can not judge women for selling sex and sexuality but I don't think I need to "support" it.
I agree totally. I don't think this applies to Sylwia but do agree that saying we should give blanket support to all women, no matter what, is problematic at best.

Too fun about grocery shopping in tiny outfits. I prefer to be well covered but that is just me.
Old 03-05-15, 09:04 PM  
sophiesmom

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherimac View Post

Too fun about grocery shopping in tiny outfits. I prefer to be well covered but that is just me.
I'd do it now, but then I would be the one getting tazered!
Old 03-05-15, 09:12 PM  
cherimac

Quote:
Originally Posted by sophiesmom View Post
i'd do it now, but then i would be the one getting tazered!
Haha!
Old 03-05-15, 10:36 PM  
bubbles76

Quote:
Originally Posted by upperwside View Post
Imagine it were you who was being written about this way on here and you were reading comments made about you .. she reads this forum I am sure!! I would never want to say something that would hurt another woman's feeling.. especially when talking about their personal style...
I don't think anyone has said anything other than "I don't like her poses/clothes in some pictures." If Sylwia is as strong and as empowering as many perceive her to be (or that actually know her or have met her in person) she either 1. truly doesn't care what people think about how she dresses or 2. respects others opinion, even if she doesn't agree.

But I think I will look at her pictures, because this conversation has piqued my interest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue B View Post
Maybe I'm alone in thinking that Sylwia looks beautiful, she can pose however she wants, she sounds like a nice person - but her workouts look like death by boredom.
Tonique Premier was. But it's been awhile, I may try it again.
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
Old 03-06-15, 01:07 PM  
Breezy Trousers

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbles76 View Post
I don't think anyone has said anything other than "I don't like her poses/clothes in some pictures." If Sylwia is as strong and as empowering as many perceive her to be (or that actually know her or have met her in person) she either 1. truly doesn't care what people think about how she dresses or 2. respects others opinion, even if she doesn't agree.
Well said!
Closed Thread

Tags
sylwia, sylwia wiesenberg