Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 03-04-15, 09:14 PM  
momof10

Quote:
Originally Posted by upperwside View Post
Sylwia is a classy act and an inspiring woman. She is full of goodness and it shines. She has a beautiful body and embraces it..
Very well put.

Cheryl
Old 03-05-15, 08:14 AM  
s2546

I think one thing we can all agree on- sylwia is in fantastic condition and her workouts are amazing!

sue
Old 03-05-15, 08:16 AM  
cherimac

She is beautiful and very kind. I think the level of comfort for each of us is different regarding clothing choices and that's fine. I am very conservative and don't like her "look" as much but overlook it more since she grew up in a different culture than my southern, Bible-belt type culture, if that makes sense.
Old 03-05-15, 09:10 AM  
Carb8985

I can see how others would have varying degrees of comfort with the photos that Sylwia posts that reflect different upbringings, culture, mindsets, etc.

However, I'm not one to flaunt around on a beach in a teeny-tiny bikini (just a regular one LOL), and yet I love Sylwia's photos and, yes, I find them "empowering." I also don't see the photos as reflecting any preoccupation with the female body, and I like to think I'm an avid feminist.

I think it's wonderful when women feel emboldened about the strength and shape of their bodies. That, to me, is the true "liberation" of women - not hiding or being ashamed of your body or your strength, but showing the world who you are, inside and out. And that is what I perceive Sylwia's message to be, a message about feeling great and just being your genuine self, both physically and mentally. She mentions that all the time in her workouts.
Old 03-05-15, 09:13 AM  
fitmummy

i first met Sylwia on the beach in her tiny bikini working out while her son was playing sandcastles/i loved her smile and she right away opened her heart to me and my ex/in the beginning i felt uncomfortable that i am working out with half naked woman on the beach (mind she didn't even charge us for her time) and my husband looking at her body / however with her bubbly and warm personality you forget looking at her body and start listening to her (she talks a lot)/she deserves credit and even award for making me confident about my body and myself especially after divorce/she always made me feel special/today i admire her physique / 8 years later she looks better than ever/i agree she is comfortable with her body/ her flat chest, not full lips/yet she looks sexy to me but strong sexy and inspirational /my opinion / i am dying to try her new workouts
Old 03-05-15, 09:36 AM  
Lucky Star
VF Supporter

I think I came across prudish. I'm not. To be clear, I don't mind photos of her in bikinis, cut-outs etc. She certainly has a magnificent, strong physique and I totally admire her for that. But on her site there is a (weird, to me) series that pops up with her wearing leather and high heels, in odd squat poses with her head lolling to the side that seems... I dunno, a bit S+M or something. It seems so forced and fake-sexual to me. Each to his/her own but it makes me cringe when I see it as I don't care for that style used to market a fitness method.
Old 03-05-15, 09:58 AM  
dianestjohn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky Star View Post
I think I came across prudish. I'm not. To be clear, I don't mind photos of her in bikinis, cut-outs etc. She certainly has a magnificent, strong physique and I totally admire her for that. But on her site there is a (weird, to me) series that pops up with her wearing leather and high heels, in odd squat poses with her head lolling to the side that seems... I dunno, a bit S+M or something. It seems so forced and fake-sexual to me. Each to his/her own but it makes me cringe when I see it as I don't care for that style used to market a fitness method.
I agree - in the Photos section of her website there are lots of poses of her lying on the floor arching her back to the extreme in tanks cut very high and very low, in full makeup, spreading her legs, sticking her butt in the air, wearing stilettos, etc. I showed the photos to DH and he definitely does not think the photos are meant just to show how strong and athletic she is
Old 03-05-15, 11:12 AM  
Lucky Star
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dianestjohn View Post
I showed the photos to DH and he definitely does not think the photos are meant just to show how strong and athletic she is
LOL at the double pineapple shot.
Old 03-05-15, 12:58 PM  
Fitstick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky Star View Post
I don't think you were being a prude either. I totally understand what you are saying-- I guess everyone has a different view but I don't see it as empowering at all.
Old 03-05-15, 02:04 PM  
upperwside

She was raised in Poland.. Easter Europeans are tend to be more comfortable in their sexuality.. I feel. My Mums family is Polish .. I was raised to see my body and my sexuality to be embraced. Sylwia is a strong confident woman.. I think she looks fabulous and I love her style. I want to see her body as I think it is beautiful .. as does she. Try slipping on "S&M" style clothing or lingerie.. you may just like it!! Women need to support other women.. not tear them apart for choices they make. She is a women to be looked up to. She works and has a family.. and she always looks fabulous and has a smile on her face that would light up the world! I'd rather see her style of dressing more than what I see out there now.

Imagine it were you who was being written about this way on here and you were reading comments made about you .. she reads this forum I am sure!! I would never want to say something that would hurt another woman's feeling.. especially when talking about their personal style...
Closed Thread

Tags
sylwia, sylwia wiesenberg