Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 03-02-15, 12:01 PM  
seww

I also agree with what has been said. My experience has been nothing but positive with Sylwia, she seems to really care about her clientele!
I also appreciate the fact that she's comfortable in her own skin and has not gone the route of "surgical enhancements"!
Sue
Old 03-02-15, 12:03 PM  
TinaS

I agree! I follow Sylwia on Instagram and love to see her pics and posts. I don't find them to be narcissistic at all. Her enthusiasm and positive outlook just radiates!

"Don't be Defeated!" ~~ Cathe
"I know it's hard. But, do it. Please. ~~ Sylwia
"Nothing comes easy. It's always a fight. ~~ Cathe
Old 03-02-15, 02:21 PM  
Helen S
VF Supporter

I think Sylwia is beautiful inside and out. I love doing her workouts because you can tell that she just wants to help women.
Old 03-02-15, 02:50 PM  
kmissa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helen S View Post
I think Sylwia is beautiful inside and out. I love doing her workouts because you can tell that she just wants to help women.
Exactly! She seems really authentic.
Old 03-02-15, 06:42 PM  
aquakat

I appreciate everyone's thoughtful responses. It's clear Sylwia is in a league of her own!
Old 03-02-15, 10:53 PM  
LynnO
VF Supporter

Instead of figuring out why it is ok for Sylwia, maybe we could spread the grace we are giving her to other women. We (including other women) reward looks and sexiness and then punish women for wanting the reward.
Old 03-03-15, 09:30 AM  
Sophie

Quote:
Originally Posted by LynnO View Post
Instead of figuring out why it is ok for Sylwia, maybe we could spread the grace we are giving her to other women. We (including other women) reward looks and sexiness and then punish women for wanting the reward.
QFT. Excellent point Lynn.

be as relaxed as you can be, as you do what you gotta do.

~erich schiffman
Old 03-03-15, 11:24 AM  
kmissa

Quote:
Originally Posted by LynnO View Post
very true.
Old 03-03-15, 11:59 AM  
prettyinpink

Maybe it's because Sylwia seems very present online and shares a lot of positivity.

I remember when Tonique was new. Sylwia had a lot of posed pictures on her site, and there was some criticism of her here because of that. I don't know if there is anything different about the pictures she posts now or not, but one difference now is that people feel like they "know" her, and I have also never heard her be critical of anyone or talk on and on about different body parts.

Last edited by prettyinpink; 03-03-15 at 12:00 PM. Reason: Typos
Old 03-03-15, 01:04 PM  
Helen S
VF Supporter

I think it also has to do with the poses. I love athletic pictures that show muscles in action or shows beautiful muscles. This includes pictures (men and women) from the Sports Illustrated Olympic pics issue or the one of Misty Copeland that was posted on VF. I also like pictures in fitness magazines whether they are more realistic like Shape/Fitness or the fitness competitor type like Oxygen/Ms. Fitness.

However, I don't need to see a pic of a woman wearing a bra that is two sizes too small for her, pushing her boobs closer to make them bigger and making duck lips (just thinking of an example). This same woman could also pose for a fitness mag like Oxygen and it would look fine to me.

Tags
sylwia, sylwia wiesenberg