Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 03-01-15, 11:20 AM  
aquakat

My funny double standard with Slywia

When fitness experts and icons post photos of themselves in skimpy outfits, it makes me roll my eyes. Enough with the exhibitionism. Put some clothes on!

But when Slywia posts skimpy outfits on Twitter and Facebook, I find her adorable and cute, not show-offy.

I can't figure out my own double standard!
Old 03-01-15, 01:12 PM  
prettyinpink

I feel the same way, and I don't even regularly do Tonique workouts!
Old 03-01-15, 01:12 PM  
macska
VF Supporter

I don't know either. She definitely sends some messages from her heart. She is not fake, her poses seem real -- maybe that's why. She is having fun!

"You finish when you are done not when you are tired."
David Goggins
Old 03-01-15, 04:20 PM  
momof10

Sylwia is very genuine and cares about her "followers" and listens to what we want. Such as her recent filming of 4 more "express" workouts in Hawaii. She is a real sweetheart and has sent me various care packages just to say she appreciates me. No other instructor has done things like that for me. I can't help but be mesmerized by her beautiful, gorgeous pictures on Facebook. Her body has been so transformed since her first Tonique, Premeir 6 years ago. Plus, I love that she uses her own method to change and transform her body as she says.

Cheryl
Old 03-01-15, 06:35 PM  
cherimac

I like Sylwia a lot. I like her older workouts as they are tough and straight forward. I do mostly barre3 and am starting to use them as cardio/lower body supplements, in small doses. I don't always love her outfit choices, but I think being raised in a different culture means sometimes things are different and that is fine to me.
Old 03-02-15, 08:34 AM  
desie

I love Sylwia too. No matter her outfit, her expression tells you she's authentic, cares about you, is in the moment, and doing what she loves.
Old 03-02-15, 09:24 AM  
LoveVA

Quote:
Originally Posted by aquakat View Post
When fitness experts and icons post photos of themselves in skimpy outfits, it makes me roll my eyes. Enough with the exhibitionism. Put some clothes on!

But when Slywia posts skimpy outfits on Twitter and Facebook, I find her adorable and cute, not show-offy.

I can't figure out my own double standard!
I can't stand the narcissism and attention-seeking of the whole selfie phenomenon. But with Sylwia, I have a different response, too. As so many have said, she just comes across as so genuine. Plus, I know how disciplined she is with her workouts and her eating habits. It isn't just genetics, she has worked hard over the years to get where she is and it shows. For some reason, I find her fascinating.
Old 03-02-15, 09:27 AM  
athompson10
VF Supporter

Something I like about her posing as well: it's rarely, if ever, sex-kittenish and pouty (that is, designed to appeal to straight men). It's always more body-proud and fitness-proud and appeals to me as a woman who admires muscles, fitness and the hard work it took to get there.
Old 03-02-15, 09:39 AM  
Carb8985

I agree with what others have said! I find Sylwia's photos and posts to be so empowering, feminine, and strong. I am so motivated by her physique, but also how happy and genuine she appears in her photos. It's obvious that she lives life to the fullest and is a healthy role model. Her photos are not self-centered or vain, but are really focused on helping other women make the right choices in the name of health.
Old 03-02-15, 11:27 AM  
PennyK

I also agree with what everyone else has said!

I have yet to try her workouts as i feel they are to advanced for me right now (i am frankly scared of them), but i did reach out to her for help and she replied with a very sweet, genuine, and lengthy email. Now i just need to follow her advice!
Closed Thread

Tags
sylwia, sylwia wiesenberg