Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 02-13-15, 06:00 PM  
momof10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helen S View Post
I'm also excited that Royale is finally on DVD. I'm waiting for Mary to carry it since my sister gave me a TF gift card for Christmas and I've been waiting for Royale to use it.

I know it's been posted before but could you tell me how you break up FF Phase 2? I've only done Phase 1 and 3 of FF. The thought of over two hours of Tonique sounds like it would kill me.
I generally do Phase 1 and then 90 minutes of Phase 2 then the next day I finish up the last 38 minutes of Phase 2 and follow that with Phase 3. Sarah might know how to break up Phase 2 better. I like to get through both legs which is at about the 90 minute mark. I guess you could switch legs and do half the reps on one side and then repeat in the other side. That would cut the workout down to about 45 minutes. For me, that's too much thinking. LOL

Cheryl
Old 02-13-15, 09:06 PM  
Michefit

Wow - you guys are amazing. I just purchased her short downloads and I was slayed. Mind you - I have been doing TA Dance Cardio which is mostly steady state - so when I tried Tonique for the first time - I thought I was going to die - almost a puke factor. Who would think that a few lunges with 3 lbs weights would be so hard - she makes it look so easy
For those of you doing Tonique for a while now- how are your results? Since doing mostly TA - I am afraid of the bulk factor - but my thighs are kind of mushy right now so...hence the Tonique.
One more thing - this is the kind of workout you should hate - but for some reason it feels amazing when it's done - maybe because it is so short. I don't know how how any of you do 90 MINUTES!
Michefit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-15, 09:34 PM  
LoveVA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michefit View Post
Wow - you guys are amazing. I just purchased her short downloads and I was slayed. Mind you - I have been doing TA Dance Cardio which is mostly steady state - so when I tried Tonique for the first time - I thought I was going to die - almost a puke factor. Who would think that a few lunges with 3 lbs weights would be so hard - she makes it look so easy
For those of you doing Tonique for a while now- how are your results? Since doing mostly TA - I am afraid of the bulk factor - but my thighs are kind of mushy right now so...hence the Tonique.
One more thing - this is the kind of workout you should hate - but for some reason it feels amazing when it's done - maybe because it is so short. I don't know how how any of you do 90 MINUTES!
I've been Tonique'ing for well over a year now. Before I starting Firming (I'm only using the older Firms), I was doing Tonique 2x a week and occasionally I would do an all-Tonique week. No bulking at all, but a lifted tush, a nice shape to my legs, better endurance (both strength and cardio). However, I have found that crosstraining with the Firm has actually enhanced my ability to get through a Tonique workout. The Firm has improved my strength and my cardio endurance even more. I'm able to go deeper in my squats doing Tonique and her cardio "blasts" are much more doable now.

As much as I love The Firm, there is a feeling of accomplishment that I get with Tonique that I don't get with any other workout. I did Born To Move, Workout 2 this morning and matched her pace and was able to stay on one leg as long as she did. That put me in a good mood for the rest of the day.
LoveVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-15, 09:47 PM  
casey

I agree with momof10's breakdown of FF Phase except there's a way to do about an hour without counting. You do the first 32 minutes of Phase 2, and then repeat it for a 64 minute workout. You just need to switch your working leg when you repeat. It's a leg workout that way and you don't have to divide or count any moves.

I have never done the whole Phase 2. I either do 64 minutes like above or 90 minutes straight through. At the 90 minute mark she starts doing crazy cardio and I tell her "I have to stop but you have fun, Sylwia".

Michefit Tonique gets my legs and butt and I am a pear. It slims my thighs and sort of lifts-tightens-compacts my butt. The only way I can describe it is that it makes me fit my shorts where there's no butt hangage, it's all tight. If I do even just 30 minutes of Tonique 3 times a week with my other usual workouts, it's enough for me to have good results. I usually do an hour of Tonique probably 3-4x a week, but I also do ballet body and run. If Tonique feels bad to someone, they definitely shouldn't do it because there are so many options out there. I love Sylwias upbeat attitude. I will be doing a Tonique with sweat dripping on my face and Sylwia says "and now we will do YOUR favorite move!" and I say to the tv "Really Sylwia? Jumping warrior is NOT my favorite move!" But she really is so sweet and supportive, even if you email her, that I just love her so much.

I fell in love with those downloads and would do 3-4 of them regularly. I had great results. Just be aware that her newer workout, Royale, is more challenging as is Fem Fatale Phase 2. You will still have great results if you do smaller portions of her workouts or just the downloads.

HTH casey
casey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-15, 10:20 PM  
momof10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michefit View Post
You have to build up to her workouts. It doesn't happen overnight and you have to do them regularly to see improvement in lasting longer. I started Tonique 6 years ago this summer when Premeir came out and it was love at first workout for me. I have stayed with her all this time. When BTM came out is when I really noticed a huge change in my glutes. My behind for so lifted and I was so amazed. I still think that BTM 1 is the best glute lifter of her workouts because that one is 73 minutes and the majority of that is all glute/lower body work.

Her newer ones, such as FF and Royale really moves into some innovative moves that are nothing like Premeir or Tonique 2. She incorporates so much more upper body and core work. Her workouts are very addictive to me. I had a total hip replacement in October and her workouts were my physical therapy. I couldn't do her workouts right away of course but I worked my way back to the beginning with Premeir and in less than two weeks from starting that was into my more challenging Toniques. I have never had bulking. Actually, all you have to do is look at how Sylwia looked in Premeir and work your way through her workouts in the order she produced them and you will see amazing results that Tonique has done on her body. Sylwia has no bulk at all. She is all muscle and her abs are phenomenal.

Cheryl
Old 02-15-15, 09:10 AM  
Michefit

Hi Ladies - thanks for the encouragement - I am really challenged lately by a mushy lower body - in spite of doing TA 6 X a week. It was really working - but I think my body has adapted and needs a change.... TONIQUE! I just did two downloads back to back Sculpt one and Cardio Sculpt one for a total of 35 minutes!(added TA afterwards) So hard - and again I don't know how any of you sustain 90 minutes - and I am also used to Cathe workouts.

I would agree that there is something very appealing about Sylwia - also though maybe you become bonded with anyone who talks you through the pain!

I am really going to try to work Tonique in 3-4X a week and see what happens.
Once I master the downloads - which DVD would you all recommend? I have read lots of good things about ATM...
Michefit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-15, 07:10 PM  
Helen S
VF Supporter

Thank you to everyone that showed how they broke up FF Phase 2. I will start by doing the last 38 minutes first. I can do the first part when I have more time.

I bought Royale from Mary yesterday along with Bendy Body. I can't wait to receive it.

Tags
sylwia, sylwia wiesenberg, tonique royale